• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabbyt

So what Tarkus converted into starter pieces are essentially a few unusual diagonal intersections between streets and roads or rails? I was just reading some of the older Wiki material at sim2wiki <http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=RULE> and was wondering about the possibility of the puzzle starter combinations which could not be generated naturally by dragging networks. In effect dropping in street piece with a median next to another street piece with a median to initiate texture changes. Two pieces could create 16 combinations through the various rotations/sides where the median was placed. Now this may just create an error because the network engine will take exception to something can not occur naturally but it may also work if there is no error checking for these in the programming. Then again I may be way off in loopy land due to my lack of knowledge. &Thk/(

One other thing, do the rules allow a piece to check the IID or impossible pathing arrangements when seeking for required adjacent squares before placing a piece? Thus allowing for transitioning within the network? By impossible pathing I mean trying numbers outside the normal [0,1,2,3,4,11,13] range used for adjacencies. I guess what I've really been trying to think of, without the testing ability (Mac OS here), is the means to develop or support new intersections. &mmm

Larry

memo

Quote from: Rabbyt on February 02, 2008, 01:30:11 AM
By impossible pathing I mean trying numbers outside the normal [0,1,2,3,4,11,13] range used for adjacencies.

Sorry, I didn't understand everything of your post. But unfortunately, what you suggested is not possible. For intersections, it's not even possible to use the numbers 11 and 13 but only 0,1,2,3,4. Though, there are certain other numbers (if I recall correctly 21,23 and some others), but these are only used for rail based networks and won't work for intersections either. &mmm

Rabbyt

I was looking at the diagram of neighbouring tiles. Would a tile arrangement of this nature crash the game if there were no network tiles beside the two shown? I know the rules say the numbers will be the same when two tiles adjoin each other. Now consider these defined as street tiles. Normally street tiles will not form medians like avenues. So what happens if we don't have place these two side by side but on top of each other as shown. have we defined a new form of quasi intersection which will support texture generation, or even better, permit transition from one street texture to another without road sections?
+---------+
l     2      l
l            l
l 0       4 l
l            l
l     2      l
+---------+
l     2      l
l            l
l 4       0 l
l            l
l     2      l
+---------+
remember 0 = no connection, 2 = straight connection, 4 = median connection, plus the others.
Rabbyt

Diggis

Rabbyt, I have no idea what you are talkign about... :P

However I have been working on some texures.  Here is a small teaser of whats to come...

Diggis, youre so naughty! -Filasimo

JoeST

mmmmmmmmmm for magic... WOW

now ... ??? grrrr

Looking brilliant there Diggis

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Diggis

Not good enough for you eh?  Want more?

How about this one?

:D

Starmanw402007

I always use the puzzle piece for starting a different street in Steven's Point. I love the new Sam Puzzle pieces. Keep Up the Great Work Nam Team!
and Keep those updates coming.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Palpatine001

Nice Diggis, great way to keep the fans really guessing there  :D

Shall be another great addition to Solaria  ()stsfd()
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Pat

The intersection is looking real good there Diggis!!!  I cant wait for SAM update to get the intersection

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Yes, that's looking very nice, Diggis! Nice textures.

Paris

Diggis,are you taking applications for Beta tester? I would sooooooo love to be one of the first to try them out.

Rabbyt

One item I've forgot to mention from using the mac version. There are two two tab(?) buttons to choose from in the transit menu. They work identically and have the same set of textures to choose from. Both disappear when I remove the SAM folder. I've not seen any readme in the Mac version to suggest that I shouldn't be installing all the files contained in the zip.

Larry

Diggis

Hmm that is weird.  It sounds more like you have a double up of the NAM controller. (I know because it's the same thing that happened to me :P)

Paris, seeing as the SAM is still in Beta go download it.  We release it when there is enough work to warrant a new release and let you all test it for us.  This was done due to the high interest in the package.

Andreas

Diggis is right - the current SAM at the LEX is still a beta version indeed, and we caught quite a few bugs since the release. Most of them are fixed by now, hopefully, but maybe someone finds another problem - esp. when it comes to issues that occur in zoned areas with various wealth and density levels (this is rather hard to test).
Andreas

Palpatine001

Quote from: Andreas on February 11, 2008, 10:44:33 AM
Diggis is right - the current SAM at the LEX is still a beta version indeed, and we caught quite a few bugs since the release. Most of them are fixed by now, hopefully, but maybe someone finds another problem - esp. when it comes to issues that occur in zoned areas with various wealth and density levels (this is rather hard to test).

Might be able to help you there as the SAM continues its phased roll out in Solaria, will try and get pics up if I don't keep forgeting there  &Thk/(
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Rabbyt

NAM folder:

NAM_Traffic_Plugin_A_Medium.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Locale_english.dat
NetworkAddonMod1.dat
NetworkAddonMod2.dat
NetworkAddonMod3.dat
NetworkAddonMod4.dat
NetworkAddonMod5.dat
NetworkAddonMod_IndividualNetworkRULs.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat
NAM_Congestion_Data_View.dat

NAM Plugins folder:

NetworkAddonMod_TurningLanes_Avenues_Plugin.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Roads_Plugin.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_OneWayRoads_Plugin.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Roundabouts_Avenues_Plugin.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Rail_Viaduct_Style_Red.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Rail_Viaduct_Style_Brown.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Light_URail_Puzzle_Plugin.dat
NetworkAddonMod_GroundLightRail_Plugin.dat

That's it for NAM stuff
Then there are a couple of models, props and SuburbanGLRSet
Not much really.

Diggis

What about the SAM folder?  Did you install beta V1?  It had a seperate NAM file if I remember correctly.

Rabbyt

SAM_Beta_v2_MAC:

updated_SAM_icon_and_exemplar_file.dat
StreetAddonMod_Locale_english.dat
SAM - Core.dat
SAM - 1 - Path Files.dat through to SAM - 9 - Path Files.dat excluding #6
SAM - 1 - Parking Lots Textures.dat through to SAM - 9 - Brisk Street Textures (Josefmayor ScruffyDeluxe).dat excluding #6

Note the incorrect spelling of #9 is from the actual download and I believe persists into the actual texture name for the starter puzzle piece.

This is everything in my SAM folder. I essentially unzipped the file/folder and placed it into the plugins folder of SC4.

[EDIT 080213] Thanks for the solution.

jplumbley

Rabbyt... the file:

updated_SAM_icon_and_exemplar_file.dat is the culprit for causing the duplicate icon.  The Icon is contained in the SAM - Core.dat and you should remove the "updated" one.  That update file will be included with the next release, it just has a better picture.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

alexr19

OK, I can't see the images that Diggis posted, but were they pics of a new street/road intersection that allowed traffic on the road to keep driving and forced traffic on the street to stop?