• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Can't wait to see the new highway driven on, no matter how wide you make it, it all gets jammed up in the end, with continuous developement-based on reality. Tarkus, I couldn't help but notice how you as well, convert your roads to streets right before other roads for the stop sign. Can't wait to see a new turn out for that and the rest of us.

SusanMarie1956

I must say that after reading your MD for the whole day during the quiet times at work, I'm impressed and inspired. Maybe one day, I'll be brave enough to post things for all to see. If there was a saluting emoticon, I would present it proudly in your direction.

-SusanMarie
-Susan Marie

Starmanw402007

Love those updates of Tarkusian Cities, Alex. Keep up the Great work. &apls
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

BigSlark

Well done, Alex. I wish REAL DOT's would realign older freeways more often, its much needed in many different places of the United States.

Keep up the great MD'ing, I'm still not sure how you work on NWM, this MD, AND are a grad student...

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Back with a little update here.  Yet another realignment project needed to allow the new Bob Dylan Freeway alignment through. ;D

The last update saw Caldera Lane getting a new overpass, and a temporary alignment of Highway 61 being built, to connect the new segment with a part of the old one which will eventually be removed.

The last section that needs to be completed as part of realignment Phase I in Angstrom involves the area around Milpont and Gaffner Roads.  Both are important arterials in the South Argentum/Angstrom area, providing connections between the two cities and the surrounding agricultural land.

Here is the old alignment and the old Angstrom interchange which connected Highway 61 up to Gaffner Road, Milpont Road and Cubit Lane, which was built well before I had even conceived of the MIS (aside from the Avenue/RHW overpass, this interchange was more or less untouched for almost two years).  Just about every road in this picture is going to be shifted every which way several times over the course of future updates.  Cubit Lane will even be partially reconstructed as a freeway (tentatively proposed to be Highway 220).

This is Milpont Road a little bit north of the old interchange, with the new freeway alignment marked.

Here's an up close pic on what we'll be looking at this update--building a new overpass for Milpont Road the new freeway alignment. 

The overpass seemingly complete . . .

Blasting begins just to the west of the new Milpont overpass, to make way for the new freeway.

And then something completely different . . . a new region that I hope to incorporate in here. ;)

[img]http://(missing image: greenery.jpg - looking to restore)[/img]

I'll be back with replies and another update in a while. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

in awhile you mean like a few days or hours lol.... Alex simply wonderful stuff here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Heh, more blasting. It'd be hilarious if an "engineering mistake" was made, and a very steep slope was made...

Would've been nice to see the elevated RHW in action (unfortunately that'll have to wait a while, eh?) on that overpass.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

quackmofro

Man, it's like complete overhaul of the current highway system. The way things are shaping up is really cool. I bet the farmers are irked that the new alignment is running through their fields  :D, but nothing must stand in the way of progress.  :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see what you'll be doing with the other region. Perhaps showcase some more terrain mods?

sebes

Oh cool - this intersections is going to make sooo much more sense than the previous one. I never realized before, but also that intersections that is going to be obsolete now (BDF/Gaffner/Millpoint/Cubit) was probably designed by the same sloshed architect as the former Barnaby Drive/Caldera Lane intersection...  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Earth quake

bat

Another wonderful update there, Tarkus! And looking forward to the next update...

Jmouse

Awesomeness! :thumbsup: Following a trail of question marks instead bread crumbs at the moment, but trying to keep up with the DOT just the same!

Until next time...
Joan

EDGE4194

Alex- thanks for the update. I'd agree that crazy interchange is overdue for reconstruction  :D Nice job on the river btw.

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Filasimo

another great update alex, im curious when you are going to tease us with unreleased stuff you are withholding from the team for us to test  :P
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

Hi, Alex!

You've definitely got some more highway goodness here! And the farms are looking pretty good, too! Keep up the good work, my friend, and I'll be back to see what you've got for us next!

Dustin

figui

great update :thumbsup:

Quote from: Filasimo on March 01, 2008, 09:43:14 PM
(...) im curious when you are going to tease us with unreleased stuff (...)
one of many reasons i always look for updates here  :P
continue teasing us!!

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ennedi

Hello Alex,

I see your roadworks are really huge!
The suburban area rounded by noise protection walls looks very nice, farmfields look good too!  :thumbsup:
I am very curious how will look all this transit system when it will be finished, but I'm sure it will be fully functional - looking at your previous updates I can say everything is very well thought  :)

And... I see you have the new ambitious plan - Invermere Valley is a great region, but you will have a lot of work with it  ;D

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine