• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ1

Im glad to be back on topic (and not on trains),go NWM! ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Tarkus im drolling over that last picture :D
Look at my picture of what NMAVE-4 would look like. A mod I found on simtropolis and I never used it until now.

superhands

this is the basic n-mave-4 in all it's glory...

-Dave

shanghai kid

Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Wilfried

Come on, Superhands. Stop making us drool on out keyboards and RELEASE IT NOW!!! :D

TJ1

j-dub

I think only Tarkus has the release authority. The NMAVE does not have draggable intersections yet, and diagonals still yet to be pathed. Before the NMAVE, you can still use the TRAM in Road for a single tile avenue.

TJ1

I forgot tram in road puzzle piece ::)
And will the new OWR networks be able to transition to RHW and MIS?

Fresh Prince of SC4D

I assuming that traffic lights are out of the question because of how many networks the team is working on.....
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on March 26, 2010, 09:10:29 AM
I think only Tarkus has the release authority.

Technically, it ends up being a NAM Team decision in the end, and is based on a variety of factors.  The most critical thing is whether or not things check out in testing.  Additionally, if there are multiple plugins at similar points in development going on simultaneously, generally, their release has ended up synchronized to minimize the number of public RUL controller updates needed. 

As mentioned before, the NMAVE-4 is currently without intersections, so at this point, it wouldn't really make sense to release it . . . and besides, we've already got 10 other networks coming out for the first release. ;)

Quote from: TJ1 on March 26, 2010, 10:56:35 AM
And will the new OWR networks be able to transition to RHW and MIS?

Likely only the OWR-1 at this point.

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on March 26, 2010, 11:07:20 AM
I assuming that traffic lights are out of the question because of how many networks the team is working on.....

The situation with traffic lights is described in FAQ Item #12.  It's a low priority at this point, and I'd imagine there would be a considerable amount of disagreement as to which intersections should/shouldn't be signalized.  It'll likely depend on how the rest of development goes and if there's time/energy to spend on all those T21s before the first release.

-Alex

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

TmiguelT

I'm drolling all over my keyboard because of the last picture that i saw :o

canyonjumper

Now that's worth staring at forever and ever...

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

strucka

Darn you bastards! I have to buy a new key board now, it got drooled and broke. =) Just kidding, but it isn't far from that with all the new pics. It really seem to be very close to release this NWM. =)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

QuoteThe situation with traffic lights is described in FAQ Item #12.
&ops My Bad, Tarkus! Okay, I am rereading the front top page again. Anyways, the work looks great as always.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Altanore

Nice picture superhands, This will be a useful mod when it comes out. It solve our traffic problems!
Good work so far!  &apls

SimNation

Good to see all this NWM progress activity gives hope for release in the close future compared to 2 years ago when it was mainly just a whisper in the air. Question about NWM in general though..will it allow networks run across it like streets,owr,rhw,rail,el rail, and glr?

TJ1

You know I wouldnt be suprised (sarcasim)  ;D if The NWM,RHW 4.0,Tuleps,or the next Nam releases April. ::)

Patricius Maximus

I'd venture to say that the probability of an April 1 release has been cut in half by your post  ::).

Tarkus

Quote from: SimNation on March 28, 2010, 08:08:07 AM
Question about NWM in general though..will it allow networks run across it like streets,owr,rhw,rail,el rail, and glr?

Yes, it'll be possible to have orthogonal intersections with all those networks. 

Here's a peek at the MAVE-4 intersections with Street and Rail:

Quote from: TJ1 on March 30, 2010, 05:09:41 AM
You know I wouldnt be suprised (sarcasim)  ;D if The NWM,RHW 4.0,Tuleps,or the next Nam releases April. ::)

Even if you were right, I'd never say.  $%Grinno$%  If for no other reason than the fact that I don't even know myself. ;)  We like to surprise people--even ourselves.

-Alex