• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edgware

Wow that looks cool.  I see that currently the max size road planned is the tla 7, are there any bigger ones planned?
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

Patricius Maximus

&apls  Then my question has been answered. Press on, modders!

gn_leugim

Starmanw402007

Fantastic Update on the NWM. Keep those updates coming!!!
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

cape44

Hi Tarkus,   ::)

Can you post in this thread some pic's of the TLA 7 intersections with another TLA ...  just for have a look of what it 'll do...  &hlp

Thanks.

Awesome Work!!!    &apls

- Cape44   :thumbsup:
My first tutorial on TSC.com Beware in french language!

Have a look at the NAM Thread ==>  NWM
My région : San Francisco & suburb... coming soon on tsc.com

Tarkus

cape44, thanks for the compliments (and for linking this thread in your sig)!  I appreciate it.   :thumbsup:

I would post a pic of the TLA-7 intersections with other TLAs, but unfortunately, we haven't gotten to that stage of development yet. :D  The TLA-7 hasn't been a focus, so it hasn't really progressed any since those orthogonal section prototype pics shown in the stickied post.  And it probably won't be revisited much until NWM Version 2 begins development.  Which is really jumping ahead, since we still have a long ways to go before even Version 1 can come out.

Everyone following this project:  At this point, I've got two other fairly large-scale projects going on--the RHW and a series of new curve and Fractional Angle puzzle pieces.  And RL has gotten a bit in the way of both of those projects recently.  I think jplumbley is affected by RL right now as well. 

So, for all intents and purposes, the NWM right now is more or less on hiatus at this moment.  I will be coming back to it, but I cannot guarantee when that will be.  What can I say--we like to surprise people. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

cape44

@ Tarkus: okay and thank's for answer!    :thumbsup:
"we like to surprise people" We'll see héhé!!   &hlp

- Cape44  ::)
My first tutorial on TSC.com Beware in french language!

Have a look at the NAM Thread ==>  NWM
My région : San Francisco & suburb... coming soon on tsc.com

gn_leugim

Patricius Maximus

j-dub

Yeah, work and the real world.  You know how that goes. No rush. Take it easy then.

etherian

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now and I just wanted to comment and let you guys know that one more person really appreciates all the work that has been put into this already &apls
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

Starmanw402007

Just a ? on NWM ver 1. What will we have access to when it finally becomes available?
Your Friend;

dragonshardz

Whatever gets finished by the time they decide to release it, I suppose.

~~Dragonshardz~~

EDIT: Part of comment was out-of-line. My bad.

Meastro444

Dragonshardz, read what he said, not just assume another 'when will it be ready' question!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

JoeST

Maestro44... maybe you should read what Nerdly (EDIT: dragonshardz) said...  :D

QuoteWhatever gets finished by the time they decide to release it.

tho the "done when it is done" reply was a tad excessive... considering starmanw is not a firstposter in this thread...

Joe

EDIT: woops... sorry
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

nerdly_dood

Quote from: star.torturer on June 10, 2008, 01:37:41 PM
Maestro44... maybe you should read what Nerdly said...  :D

tho the "done when it is done" reply was a tad excessive... considering starmanw is not a firstposter in this thread...

Joe

Umm... WHAT??

That wasn't me that was dragonshardz...
Quote from: dragonshardz on June 10, 2008, 11:53:25 AM
Whatever gets finished by the time they decide to release it.

And, "it will be released when it's released."

That should do the job nicely.

~~Dragonshardz~~
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

thundercrack83

Quote from: star.torturer on June 10, 2008, 01:37:41 PM

Joe

I agree--I think that the entire post was excessive, and that NAM questions should probably be fielded by members of the NAM team, since they're the most knowledgeable. Let's move on, shall we?

Tarkus

To answer the question at hand, I am not entirely certain what will be in Version 1.  Since the project is essentially on hiatus and still rather far from any release, it's hard to tell.  The 1-tile networks (TLA-3, AVE-2, ARD-3 and OWR-3--perhaps an OWR-1, too) are pretty safe bets, though.  The one feature jplumbley and I had been working on the most heavily was the TLA-5.  The TLA-5 is fairly stable at the moment, but it's limited to strictly orthogonal functionality in its current state.

The NWM's initial release will likely have to wait until the new Road Turning Lanes (RTL) Plugin is released (which is also on hold right now), since the NWM is not compatible with the existing NAM RTL.  If the NWM were released before, you'd basically have to pick between one or the other, and I'm not sure that's a suitable solution.

Hope that clears things up.

-Alex (Tarkus)

j-dub

If you ever do release the first verison, I'm fine with a straight only TLA 5. Basically, the two way left turn mod is only straight as well.

Starmanw402007

Thanks for your reply Tarkus, Just excited about all the projects u guys are doing for the roads of Sim City Nation. Everything looks great. Just Keep Up The Great Work with these projects!!!
Your Friend;