• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilfried

Just a humble question -- when is this glorious stuff going to be released? :)

I'm all about it, I can't wait any longer!  &hlp  $%Grinno$%

Tarkus

Quote from: Wilfried on May 13, 2008, 11:48:56 AM
Just a humble question -- when is this glorious stuff going to be released? :)

I'm all about it, I can't wait any longer!  &hlp  $%Grinno$%

When it's done, of course. :D  There's no scheduled release date of timeline (as specified in the FAQ above). ;)  We like to surprise people . . .

And welcome to SC4D!  Good to see another familiar face here.  :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

el_cozu

as a matter of fact they do... just like when they released the last NAM... we were all like "OMFG that's so awesome!" hahaha...

but yeah...... just be pacient..... when things begin to get crazy.... here's the NAM team to release all the stuff you wouldnt never imagine

Starmanw402007

Hey Tarkus, A question concerning the TLA-5 And TLA-7. When we create these new avenues in our cities, will we be able to connect them to each and to neighboring cities? Same question goes for the TLA-3.
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Tarkus

Starman, to answer your question, yes. :)  The TLA-3, AVE-2 and ARD-3 will more or less connect into the next city just like normal.  You'll have to re-initiate the override in the neighboring tile with the starter piece there, as the override can't cross the city borders, unfortunately. 

The TLA-5 and TLA-7 and all the other 2 and 3-tile networks will require some sort of workaround, similar to the "loop connector" method I showed for the RHW, which you'd then "disguise" through a special puzzle piece.

-Alex (Tarkus)

SimsReporter

Quote from: Tarkus on May 13, 2008, 02:08:02 PM
Starman, to answer your question, yes. :)  The TLA-3, AVE-2 and ARD-3 will more or less connect into the next city just like normal.  You'll have to re-initiate the override in the neighboring tile with the starter piece there, as the override can't cross the city borders, unfortunately. 

The TLA-5 and TLA-7 and all the other 2 and 3-tile networks will require some sort of workaround, similar to the "loop connector" method I showed for the RHW, which you'd then "disguise" through a special puzzle piece.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Will this interconnect with the rhw...say some puzzle peices that branch out like    AVE - MIS - RHW ?
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

el_cozu

Quote from: Tarkus on May 13, 2008, 02:08:02 PM

-Alex (Tarkus)

just like the RHW... they do connect to the neighbor... but you have to put the starter piece in the new city... am i right?

OnurT

Previously hello.

Are you planning interchanges for NWM? (especially cloverleaf, stack and diamond interchanges?) And also bigger roundabouts or rounabout Interchange :D

nerdly_dood

I doubt it...The regular plain ol' four-way intersections will be hard enough, let alone having a MIS for TLAs
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Edgware

No updates in a while, just wondering, hows the mod going?
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

dragonshardz

Its going and will be finished when its finished.

:thumbsup:

Tarkus

Quote from: Edgware on May 23, 2008, 07:24:47 PM
No updates in a while, just wondering, hows the mod going?

Right now I'm focusing on the RHW (Version 21) and the Fractional Angle Road/Rail pieces.  I've done some work with the TLAs in the meanwhile, but it's mostly just making the existing stuff I've shown here function better--stuff that doesn't come across at all in pictures.  A lot of what I'm currently working on with the RHW (stuff which I can't quite show yet . . . ;)) will transfer over to this project, too. 

I do have quite a lot going on modding-wise right now, so inevitably, sometimes some stuff will get shifted to the background for awhile.  But don't worry, I will most definitely be returning to this project at some point in the not-so-distant future. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

nerdly_dood

Well, keep on RULin'!  I look forward to this project being released.

(i know that's not your CML, but it gets the point across)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

un1

I'm very interested in this!!!  :)
3 questions...:  ()what()

1. Are you near to realesing the NWM v. 1??
2. Do all of the networks have a functional neighbour connection??
3. Can you connect all of the networks to the original network type?? (ex. OWR-3 to OWR-2 the normall OWR)

rusummer1

Quote from: un1 on May 30, 2008, 01:22:05 PM
I'm very interested in this!!!  :)
3 questions...:  ()what()

1. Are you near to realesing the NWM v. 1??
2. Do all of the networks have a functional neighbour connection??
3. Can you connect all of the networks to the original network type?? (ex. OWR-3 to OWR-2 the normall OWR)
Did you read the previous posts just above yours? ;)
NWM will be released when ready, none so far and neighbor connections are funtional you just have to restart with another started piece in the new city. As for the third question im not 100% sure about so I won't answer.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

gn_leugim

be patient! remember that they aren't paid for doing this.. you should be very thankful when this comes to public one day, because this is done with hard work, made only because they like to and they like to share ;) btw, keep going your great work  :thumbsup:

Patricius Maximus

I certainly will be grateful. I'm mainly looking forward to the Turning Lane Roads, the MAVEs, and the TLAs.

Hey, that's some of the stuff on my Next Generation Simcity Wishlist!

Thanks a lot  :thumbsup:

BTW, will there be a transition piece from the TLRs into normal roads like in real life?

Edgware

A while back i remember someone posted a tla3 to road transistion.  so i think thats gonna happen.
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

nerdly_dood

j-dub