• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giligone

I'm a huge fan of a good region shot. I love to see the big picture and how the cities relate. I'm always striving to build my cities such that they mesh well in the region shot. I guess you could almost say I play sc4 to make region shots! Haha, thats not exactly true but not far off, anywho. So, I figured SC4D should have a thread where we can show off our region shots. I'll start. This is a current shot of my region Nemonos. Pop = 420 000

spacez52

Its... so... pretty!  :thumbsup:

I was wondering, just as a noob, how you plan a large region like that? Do sketch it out at all or just wing it? I am having trouble with the winging it but I feel that my SC4 skills are not so developed that I could sketch a good idea right now. Thanks for sharing and I will certainly look forward to more region shots. Maybe with some help I will post one too!

NikNik

Nice thrad start Giligone!
Love that airfield and the position of your CBD. Very nice region shot indeed.

Nik-Nik

Giligone

Quote from: spacez52 on January 25, 2007, 09:45:50 PM
Its... so... pretty!  :thumbsup:

I was wondering, just as a noob, how you plan a large region like that? Do sketch it out at all or just wing it? I am having trouble with the winging it but I feel that my SC4 skills are not so developed that I could sketch a good idea right now. Thanks for sharing and I will certainly look forward to more region shots. Maybe with some help I will post one too!

Hey, thanks. What I did for this one was design the map, then i drew up a highway network that I would use as the backbone for my region. Then i loaded the map into sc4 and started building it out. I've pretty much designed the whole region in my head though. I hope that helps.

@ nik nik, thanks ;D

your_adress_here

QuoteI'm a huge fan of a good region shot. I love to see the big picture and how the cities relate. I'm always striving to build my cities such that they mesh well in the region shot. I guess you could almost say I play sc4 to make region shots!

That's pretty much how I play. Very nice region shot.
Bookah!

Giligone

Excellent region Alek. :thumbsup: This will look amazing once its all built out!

derek_pearce

here is my older  region   the Great lakes

and my new one gotham

Signature comming soon

bat

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

Frankie

well here's one, but still under constuction...lots of networking to do..

keithsed

Giligone, Great region shot.

How many cities have you "meshed" together?  I tried to count them but got lost in the woods.   :(

Thanks

Keith

Alfred.Jones

I look forward to more work on that region Frankie, it looks awesome so far!

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

Great picture and region shot, Frankie!

Alfred.Jones

Woah! Thats one insane region! Looks like you have quite a large city on it aswell :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

Giligone

Quote from: keithsed on January 28, 2007, 06:31:44 PM
Giligone, Great region shot.

How many cities have you "meshed" together?  I tried to count them but got lost in the woods.   :(

Thanks

Keith

Hey, thanks! 20 cities by my count.

Great regions Meldolion and Frankie.
@ meldolion, I'd like to see a bigger pic to show more detail ;D
@ frankie, looks like you've got big growth plans! post another pic later when more growth has occured ;D

wouanagaine

Nice regions

An older region of mine
I thought I've kept a bigger image but unfortunatly not :(

more infos here

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Alek King of SC4

yes! one of the best yet great trans map.

meldolion

Quote from: Giligone on January 29, 2007, 06:23:05 AM

Great regions Meldolion and Frankie.
@ meldolion, I'd like to see a bigger pic to show more detail ;D

Thanks!!
the pic is from region census and the full size of the pic doesn't shows much detail.... Do you know of a way to take a greter and much detailed region shot?