• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Many problems

Started by Pippolo, February 10, 2007, 02:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippolo

Well,I've many problems  :(  Train, bus, and underground no one sim use it, and I've never see a train. Than in many house it's write "abbandoned cause commute time", but this happen also if the house are near industries and commercie. Can you help me? Thank you

Adriano57

It depends on the number of inhabitants whom you have in your city. 20 000 inhabitants it is not enough to see crammed trains

Indisguise

like said above more population will get more MT useage, more times than not i ussually don't start using MT services til my cities hit 50K
also check which traffic pluggin your using, if your using ones with high speed or capasity, sometimes the sims skip the MT service.

try cutting road acess and force sims to go past MT servies, sims aren't very smart and if you give them too many transit options, they tend to choose the wrong one. use your congestion view to see the routes the sims are travelling and place the MT service in their way (some mayors go so far and to buldoze a road tile and place the bus stop and/or other MT services in the pathway...forrces the sims to use the MT service, there is no other chioce.

make sure when you do set up a MT service...that each of the types support each other, don't leave the simms walking on foot for mare than 10 tiles in any direction...foot speed is slow, if it takes too long to walk somehwere, they will continue to drive, have bus stops scattered thought out the area that lead to a train staion in the res areas....and do the same thing in the IND or com section at the same time...sims will ride from home to the rail station on the bus, then get off the rail close to their destination and take the bus the rest of the way
Colossus X-rated