• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Train Help

Started by tkirch, January 15, 2007, 07:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkirch

I have a question.  First my graphic settings are all on high.

I have Trolca's Train set and BRF's.  I know in BRF's you can only have one original Engine and Cab.

Now my problem is that my trains are just engines.  I get no cars.  Anyone know why.

I was told recently that the trains need to be in the main plugin folders not the one in my documents.  So i switched them and I still have the same problem.  Anyone know why or how to fix this?

Are they incompatitble.  I took one out and just had one in there and I still have the same problem.

I hope someone could help me with this.

Alek King of SC4

i have so many train mods i get like 4 different sets per train so i can't help but feel your pain.

wouanagaine

I can't help much, mine are in my documents folder and it works

I know that the length of trains are related to the number of commuters. But I have not seen a 'only engine' trains even on low used network

AK => I will be thanksfull if you can make a little tuto pointing out how to have multiple trains set at the same time, everything I have found are always a replacement and not an addition

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Alek King of SC4

no what i meant is that lets say i have a commuter train with 15 cars, it will be a mix of like 4 or 5 different train sets.  #?¿?¿?$

Swamper77

Tkirch,

Could you provide a screenshot of these single engines? I might be able to pinpoint the source of the problem if I can see what you're seeing.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

tkirch

Ok I tried moving files in and out and all I get is the locomotive, no cars.

tkirch

I might of figured something out.  If you have no train traffic at the moment the cars won't show up.  Am I right on this thought?

Swamper77

Tkirch,

Some of Trolca's train engines in his sets are either replacement or additional track checkers. So instead of the little green track checkers, you see a train engine. Track checkers are produced by passenger and freight stations. To force freight trains to appear, you can try placing "no truck" lots on the roads that lead from your industrial areas. To force passenger trains to appear, try limiting the available commuter routes such that the passenger trains are the quickest way for them to get to work.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!