• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 37 Release Candidate -- Discussion and Support Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 23, 2020, 06:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McDuell

I recommend using the FLEXRamp type E1 for your RHW-8s.

Put down the Flex ramp, then drag away from the ramp as indicated in the pic. The default RHW-4 will convert to RHW-8s.

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

JAndrewJ86

Quote from: Tarkus on April 25, 2020, 09:57:40 PM

JAndrewJ86, I've seen similar issues with textures showing up white on reports from macOS users (and even noticed it myself the 2-3 times I've gotten to run the game on a Mac).  The textures aren't missing, and the suspicion is that it's a rendering engine issue.  The Mac version has historically been using OpenGL, and the game's implementation of OpenGL is not up to par with its DirectX implementation (which the Windows version defaults to using).  It is possible to at least tell the game to run on OpenGL in Windows, but it's very, very glitchy, and often won't even start (as happened to me just now in attempting to do so).

I do know Apple is trying to push everyone over to using Metal for graphics--I don't know if Aspyr implemented that with either of their updates, and it's also possible that OpenGL's implementation in the later versions of macOS isn't quite the same as it was in the past.

-Alex

Thanks Tarkus! Is there anything that I can do settings-wise to rectify this? I'm curious as to why NAM 36 seems to function just fine, but NAM 37 has issues.

Wiimeiser

McDuell, thanks for the suggestion, but it looks like it's the E2 I'm after, not the E1. I guess all the functionality is in the old deprecated static piece after all...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tyberius06

@Wiimeiser:
Here you are. DRI pattern. It's RHD, but should be similiar for the LHD too.

Also here is the FULL (not full, but almost - the RHW2 patterns can be found under this video) DRI table if you don't already have it.

I hope it helps!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Paul 999

I can't find the RealExpressway (REW) mod, witch features are implanted yet?

Ryan B.

Quote from: Paul 999 on April 28, 2020, 07:28:14 AM

The REW ramps are implemented in a DRI (Draggable Ramp Interface) fashion - drag the OWR diagonally away in the direction you want the ramp to go.

rivit

Please find in attached zip a report on first pass through the v37RC RRW features as I've found them on old test cities. I haven't really driven it on new cities yet.

Overall it seems to have come through quite well, but there are things to fix.

In the zip are new versions of Preview.dat and Tunnel.dat which fix some of the things found.

Ron

Jack_wilds

Got my copy... rather excited by this version...  :thumbsup:
hope it does better and more...
however reinstalling and reconfigure my plug ins... its taking awhile... 
few questions to refresh my knowing that has forgotten a few things.... 

1]  are there any *dll files needed to make SC4 apps work better and where do they go...
2] where does the 4gb patch file go?...
3] does the JRE install where needed or need to place a file some where...
4] what is the version of sc4deluxe when updated...
5] for me the install went well... but the fonts for buttons and text was small to read and colors to similar... and there was nothing that said 'install complete' and then offer an exit... but found install complete in the installing text at the end, but text font was small...
6] is there a z_nam file needed for this version
7] the d.a.m.n. programs where di find information to operate them... there are three versions but only have daeleys which is clumsy... which other version is better

very happy that nam 37 is very close to being complete

b22rian

Jack,

Quote2] where does the 4gb patch file go?...

i am pretty sure you just run the exe file and it updates the main sc4 exe file

eggman121

Quote from: rivit on April 28, 2020, 06:36:07 PM
Please find in attached zip a report on first pass through the v37RC RRW features as I've found them on old test cities. I haven't really driven it on new cities yet.

In the zip are new versions of Preview.dat and Tunnel.dat which fix some of the things found.

Ron

Thanks for the look over @Rivit. Looks like there are a few issues that need attention. I will see about fixing what have not been fixed by you in your fixes.

Thanks for the effort into looking at these issues.

-eggman121

Tyberius06

Quote from: Jack_wilds on April 28, 2020, 06:42:54 PM
Got my copy... rather excited by this version...  :thumbsup:
hope it does better and more...
however reinstalling and reconfigure my plug ins... its taking awhile... 
few questions to refresh my knowing that has forgotten a few things.... 

1]  are there any *dll files needed to make SC4 apps work better and where do they go...
2] where does the 4gb patch file go?...
3] does the JRE install where needed or need to place a file some where...
4] what is the version of sc4deluxe when updated...
5] for me the install went well... but the fonts for buttons and text was small to read and colors to similar... and there was nothing that said 'install complete' and then offer an exit... but found install complete in the installing text at the end, but text font was small...
6] is there a z_nam file needed for this version
7] the d.a.m.n. programs where di find information to operate them... there are three versions but only have daeleys which is clumsy... which other version is better

very happy that nam 37 is very close to being complete

Hi Jack!

1. I might be missunderstanding something. So if you have a clean SC4 start at this point, then you need at least Simmaster07's SC4 FIX. It takes care of prop prox and some other game bugs. Very essential. I use this in the game's default install Plugin folder, which is where you installed the game (it depends on which version you have or if you do use a custom install destination.)

2. 4GB patch is an executable. You need to run it, then browse the original Simcity4.exe from the installation folder (it depends on which version you have or if you do use a custom install destination.). It will patch the original exe.

3. I don't understand this question. If you have Java, then just run the new NAM installer and it will place the files where it should be.

4. It depends on which version you do use. If it is a Steam or GOG copy, then you are good (but as far as I know it should be version 1.1.638 or above in the case of GOG version). The new NAM installer does NOT check the version of the game anymore (limitation).

5. with the new installer there is not a pop 'install complete' message anymore, but as you found the message is at the end of the install list. About the fonts, could it be a setting on your system? I didn't find it small during testing, so if you could provide an attached image about it, that would be cool to show us, what you have.

6. NAM 37 does not have z___NAM folder anymore. There is only ONE install folder which is the Network Addon Mod. Everything is in that folder now.

7. I have no idea about DAMN versions. I never used them.

I hope it helps a bit.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Tyberius06

Quote from: rivit on April 28, 2020, 06:36:07 PM

Ron

Hi Ron!

I don't get an of your error report.

4. Path-Error on the 90 curve puzzle piece. I checked all the available DTR puzzle pieces and all of them has paths. So that could be something else.

The rest I can confirm (apart from the last one with the textures IIDs, I don't know about those), but I guess the FARR-Road crossing accidently went missing with the structure changes, since we don't have FARR Puzzle Piece menu anymore.

Thanks for the fixes, Ron, tunnel looks cool :)

- Tyberius

LucarioBoricua

I've been doing some very basic testing and found more problems with RealHighway bridges:

The RHW-2 bridge in the style of the default Maxis concrete bridge shows an RGB texture in zoom levels 1 to 4, but appears normal in zooms 5 and 6. Meanwhile, the RHW-4S steel arch bridge somehow lacks the pillars at the arch terminations. Interestingly enough, its RHW-2 counterpart does not show this problem.

Kitsune

Hi ... the rhw-2 is pending a quick fix. The rhw-4s is a tricky one that I'm investigating.
~ NAM Team Member

XL2007

Quote from: Ryan B. on April 28, 2020, 08:14:02 AM
Quote from: Paul 999 on April 28, 2020, 07:28:14 AM

The REW ramps are implemented in a DRI (Draggable Ramp Interface) fashion - drag the OWR diagonally away in the direction you want the ramp to go.

I've tried this multiple times and it doesn't work. I just keep getting the ordinary OWR.

b22rian

QuoteI've tried this multiple times and it doesn't work. I just keep getting the ordinary OWR.

sounds like there could be some larger issues here..

Come on over to sc4 discord chat room,.. we usually have "live help" there and if not just leave your issue + images to show whats going on in the "help desk " channel and someone will eventually respond there -

https://discordapp.com/invite/NsNZHEC

thanks Brian

Wiimeiser

I know there's not much REW-wise, I believe just the A1 and B1 ramp junctions?

b22rian

QuoteI know there's not much REW-wise, I believe just the A1 and B1 ramp junctions?

Yes those 2 ramp types for the networks - owr-2
                                                              owr-1

In the form of DRI's

Wiimeiser

b22rian

Hi there, Wiimeiser

yes, its just those 4 ramps for NAM 37

( small update)..

There will be also ( most likely ), be smaller updates for NAM 38. since we are aiming for a shorter turn around for the
release date , this development cycle . Just to give you the heads up on that  :thumbsup: