• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Alex' Belgian BAT Thread

Started by alex_bervoets, May 16, 2011, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Did apply an uvw-map to the round tower ?
Maybe cylindrical one!

alex_bervoets

Quote from: vester on September 11, 2011, 12:14:57 PM
Did apply an uvw-map to the round tower ?
Maybe cylindrical one!

Tried every UVW-map...
Found the solution in the meantime: the rectangles for the windows aren't bend the same way as the wall causing them to be placed a little bit in front the wall... so you have to move them with the "edit Mesh" untill they fit the wall...

But thanks for the help Vester...

vester

alex_bervoets

alex_bervoets

Here is an update of my new project:

I've sharpened it with Photoshop, so textures are not exactly like they should be

Silur

Excellent work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, but may be some dirty house-top (roof) textures with this ...

art128

Quote from: alex_bervoets on September 11, 2011, 12:51:45 PM
Quote from: vester on September 11, 2011, 12:45:18 PM
You use the boolean function ?

boolean function?  ()what()

Poly modeling. Almost all the BATers use it! ;) Much much easier than the traditional methods. Or creating complex shapes from a box.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

FrankU

Hi Alex, looking nice!
The brickwork of the "Trapgeveltjes" look a bit thin, though. They could have some more mass.
And the roof texture is a bit too bright, I think.

alex_bervoets

@ Silur: the castle is recently been renovated, so the roof is brand new... I'll see what happens when I make it a bit darker...
@ art128: thanks... JasonCw has already given me a small manual on this matter at ST. It looks easier than my method  :P
@FrankU: you're right... the "trapgevel" is way too small, I'll fix this right away.

Thanks for the comment, update soon...

PS: Carl is almost finished lotting the Sint-denijs-westrem town hall. Keep posted!

brechtje

The Castle of Ooidonk? Nicely done!!!! :thumbsup:

WC_EEND

I should've recognised that actually, having been there a few times myself. Still, after finding a picture on google, I did notice that the straight bits of wall are a bit to orange texture-wise compared to the real building
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

vester

Quote from: art128 on September 14, 2011, 01:17:57 PM
Poly modeling. Almost all the BATers use it! ;) Much much easier than the traditional methods. Or creating complex shapes from a box.

Well in gmax its flauted. I use it, but to find the complex shapes.
Then draw up the shapes with the splines and add an extrude on it.

Good start on the new project.

alex_bervoets

I've been working on the back side now... not happy about it, so I'll show that later... Here is a render of the front without sharpening:

I've based the difference in colors on this picture:

kelis

Just a stunning job, It's a great and complex project but I'm sure you will do a great job  :thumbsup:

PD: Maybe your model looks a little bit orange...Maybe you could desaturate the texture.

Greetings Alex  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

alex_bervoets

Hi everyone,

Carl finished the lotting of the Sint-Denijs-Westrem project but I still have a problem with overlays:

Strangly: I seem to be the only one with this problem?
I've placed the file and the dependencies in the team-dropbox. Could you try it out and let me know if you're having the same issues?
There are two versions: one landmark and one city hall

This is how it should look:

Thanks!!

FrankU

Hi Alex,

I tested the lot. It looks very nice. I guess you forgot about a dependency file. After I had installed all files from Dropbox I found out that I missed two overlay texture that show up in your image. It appears that the textures you are missing are in the BSC textures vol 1 and that the textures I was missing are in the BSC textures vol 2. You added BSC vol1 to the dropbox directory, but probably you don't have it in the directory you used when you took the image. If you install both, the lot will be OK.

Does the City hall have the same stats as the existing Maxis one? I was too lazy to check it myself.

Good work, Alex!

alex_bervoets

Quote from: FrankU on September 29, 2011, 02:52:06 AM
It appears that the textures you are missing are in the BSC textures vol 1 and that the textures I was missing are in the BSC textures vol 2.
Does the City hall have the same stats as the existing Maxis one? I was too lazy to check it myself.

Great... that works! Thanks Frank... I'll add it to the dependencies-list. I think it's finished then

Yes, it has the same stats as the Maxis city hall, but you need to demolish the maxis one before adding this one to the plugins-folder (there seems to be a glitch when the game changes the Maxis city hall to the ons of Sint-Denijs-Westrem). You can also demolish it, and build it again ("besparingen? welke besparingen?"   :P)

FrankU

Alex,

In my opinion the lot is ok. It looks very good. Just, I guess there should be some nice Icon to it.
If you try to make an icon and think.. hey, there is something weird, it does not work, I advise you to read my tutorial on replacing Maxis rewards: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13471.0

Groeten,
Frank

alex_bervoets

Oops... I've read your post just a little too late... It's on the Stex.
But I'll use your tutorial for the next one  ;)

This is the link for the STEX: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26821-town-hall-of-sint-denijs-westrem-ghent-belgium/

Greets
Alex