• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to create Plopable items for the Mayor Menu

Started by jeronij, January 13, 2007, 05:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromTheAshes

Three files includet:
FTAbaum.dat = The mod (or the thing that should be a mod ^^)
the .sc4lot
and the .desc
Could you please be so kind to do the following: Create a new tree mod outa this files. Then attach it here. I will check the file to see, how the IDs are filled in and everything... When I see how it works, I will be abled to do the next mods on my own I guess. That would help me alot. Just if you have the time, of course!
Visit Vorsfelde.

FromTheAshes

Ahm, you don't need to anymore ;) I've tested it without changing the exemplar ID and it works very well.

Now there are two questions left.
1)Will this mod work beside others (because of the ID...)
2)Why is it 42kb? Thats huge, around 15kb would be normal, or not?
Visit Vorsfelde.

jeronij

FTA, good progress so far  :thumbsup:

You are almost there  ;)

To quick answer your questions:

1) No
2) Maybe because you did not compress the png ?¿. You have to choose "insert and compress" option when inserting an external png. I can be wrong of course  ::)

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

FromTheAshes

Ok
1) I changed the examplar ID on the left and on the right. But ingame it's just copying another mod, so I have that one twice and my mod doesn't exist anymore.
2) I found the propblem: My .sc4model got 33kb. I think thats pretty big. And I actually change the icons using the LEProp. Dunno if it compresses them automaticly.
Visit Vorsfelde.

Andreas

Well, 33 KB for a tree model isn't that large. It's hard to see how detailed your tree is in that screenshot, but the size seems reasonable. BTW, it looks like your tree trunk is rather white - this is quite unusual for a chestnut tree.
Andreas

jeronij

If you have a working mod, as you showed in the pic, then go to the tutorial post, and follow it carefully. You have to change all and only the remarqued values/properties in the tutorial. No other one at all. If you follow the order that I show in the tuto, you should not have problems.

It is not enough to change the exemplar ID value. You must change all the properties/values that I mention in the tuto.

Since this is your first experience with the Reader, I please you to not discourage  ;) . Once you get the first working, it will be a party  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

FromTheAshes

Quote from: Andreas on June 06, 2007, 08:46:04 AM
Well, 33 KB for a tree model isn't that large. It's hard to see how detailed your tree is in that screenshot, but the size seems reasonable. BTW, it looks like your tree trunk is rather white - this is quite unusual for a chestnut tree.

Yep, when I made the model, I didn't know that it's an Aesculus tree :D Just looked that up when I made the mod.

Quote from: jeronij on June 06, 2007, 09:24:44 AM
If you have a working mod, as you showed in the pic, then go to the tutorial post, and follow it carefully. You have to change all and only the remarqued values/properties in the tutorial. No other one at all. If you follow the order that I show in the tuto, you should not have problems.

It is not enough to change the exemplar ID value. You must change all the properties/values that I mention in the tuto.

Since this is your first experience with the Reader, I please you to not discourage  ;) . Once you get the first working, it will be a party  :thumbsup:

I do never give in, when I really want to follow an aim ;) That's one thing everybody should know about me :P
Well, I'll try this untill it works now!  :D

EDIT: Yeahi, it works so far :) I can see the Mod in my mayor mod menu now. BUT: Game crashes to desktop when I click the icon.
Visit Vorsfelde.

FromTheAshes

Another problem. Dunno what I changed, but at the moment my mod doesn't appear in the game anymore  %wrd Could someone please check out the file?
Visit Vorsfelde.

jeronij

The dir file is corrupted.

Do the following to fix it:

a) Open the Aesculus.dat file
b) On the right list select the dir file
c) Right click on it and select remove file and remove it
d) Right click somewhere in the right list, and click on Rebuild directory file
e) Right click somewhere in the right list, and click on Reindex
f) Save the file

You are done  ;D

Btw, I noticed that you dont have the Plop Cost property in your mod, which makes it 0, Probably that is what you wanted, but you can also set that property to value=0  ;)
Also, you used the a53a**** range for your LTEXT files. I please you to correct this range, because this is the one that I am using  ::)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

FromTheAshes

Thanks a lot!! It's almost working now. The only thing is that I see brown boxes. .sc4model and .desc files are lying in the folder and the ressource key is the same.

To the ID: Ok, I'm using 1945 instead of A53A now.
To the plop cost: I know, I just wanted to keep the list clean, so it's easyer to work with it ;)
Visit Vorsfelde.

FromTheAshes

Finaly I got it.
This is my first tree mod:

Special thanks to
jeronij
Andreas
praiodan (trying to help is as much worth as helping in my eyes ;))

The mod will be part of a bigger set of many tree mods in several categories. So stay tuned.
PS: I'll work on the texture again, specialy on the trunk.
Visit Vorsfelde.

Andreas

Looking good!  :thumbsup:  I'll have to check it again, but those trees are rather large, compared to the Maxis trees. I guess they look cool as majestic trees in a large park and stuff like this.
Andreas

FromTheAshes

Yes they are. Well, as I said I have to work on the model again, I can make them a bit smaller ;)
Visit Vorsfelde.

praiodan

You're welcome my friend, though there's actually no need of giving me any special thanks because I wasn't able to do anything about your problems  :-\
The luckier I am to see you got it finally and it's looking very good indeed! I can't wait to see more stuff of that.

bat

FromTheAshes

Quote from: praiodan on June 11, 2007, 08:31:44 AM
there's actually no need of giving me any special thanks
I don't think so, but ok.
Thanks for the kind words guys.
Visit Vorsfelde.

jeronij

Congratulations ¡¡¡

Best news  :thumbsup: . I am always ready to use some more trees  ;)

Btw, I hope you keep this first set in any case. I like them really  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

FromTheAshes

Thanks.
Now I'd like to create a multiple mod (maybe 3 in 1), do I only have to add 2 new exemplar files and fill them with new IDs and RKT1s?
Visit Vorsfelde.

Andreas

More or less, yes. Increment the instance ID of the exemplar files by one, and change the Resource Key Type 1 properties to the IDs of the new tree props. Leave out "Item Icon", "Item Order" and "Item Button ID". Then you have to add "Flora: Cluster type", "Flora: Cluster max radius" and "Flora: Cluster max height" properties to all exemplar file except the last one. For "Flora: Cluster type", you will always have to add the instance ID of the following exemplar file (that's why you have to leave it out at the last exemplar file). Simply copy the properties from another mod, and just change the IDs. And if you want to mix different kind of trees under that button, it might be necessary to add additional LTEXT labels, so you have to edit "User Visible Name Key" as well.
Andreas

DuskTrooper

Well, hello everyone.... Nice to see things running nicely around here, since I have been inactive lately...
Anyway, I have been trying this for myself for the past several hours, and I somehow got ONE functioning file; the rest just crash as soon as they are clicked on.

Here is a pic of one of my problem dats; does anyone have any idea what's going on?  I am certain that my resource keys and such are correct....

Am I using an allowed set of instances?  If not, can someone please tell me/assign me an allocation I could use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

SC4, forevermore!