• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Halisburg - Newbie's Sandbox

Started by imoutofusernameideas, February 23, 2016, 09:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoutofusernameideas

Quote from: belfastsocrates on February 28, 2016, 04:09:44 PM
There's a few spotlight props that might work for the portico entrance. I can't remember exactly the exact name of the props but I can have a look in LE and let you know.

If that fails you could photoshop lighting on the entrance section. If you're not confident with image editing you can send you images to me and I'll try to recreate a lighting effect.

I'm pleased you're using the Great Hall building, it's a great design by Yoder, someone I much admire. His CJ was also sensational.

Photoshop would only add lights to pictures though, or am I misunderstanding this?

And yes, yoder's designs are quite beautiful and fit my current city wonderfully as they are heavily inspired by D.C. But as I said, the golden dome is just something that I would have liked better in a less "flashy" colour; golden domes are (imho) more reminiscent of old European structures. Nonetheless, it looks gorgeous.

@mgb:

1. T21: The prop in question appears in LE under the name: 'RT_CdS_ Gl_StatueIndependance ---' though for the life of me I can't figure out which of my prop packs included it, nor does Google spit out anything. Also I'm not entirely sure whether that's a capital "i" or a lower case "L".

2. Thanks for the fixed street textures, I will try them out as soon as I can play again.

3. Should I just mess around a bit with Occupation size then? And in case it's the LOD that's causing this, is there something I can do to lower this value and if so, would this be even be a safe action to take or could it really mess with the building?

EDIT: Two more things I've forgotten (Monday mornings...  &sly)

1. When reinstalling the NAM, can I change some things I have forgotten the last time? Specifically, I have now found out that I can disable the arrows on one-way roads with it. They've always bothered me.

2. I have downloaded the LRM props yesterday and they're quite good, though now I have also downloaded the American Light set, which would obviously fit an American city better. Can I use them together or should I uninstall the LRM props? The readme does not mention compatibility with other LRM releases.
Also, how safe is the actual replacement mod to use? (The .dat that will actually replace all Maxis lights, as I understand it's completely optional).

P.S.: Please don't be angry that I have made the Capitol lot smaller (therefore needing less street textures). I had tried it in game and come to the conclusion that I had been somewhat optimistic about lot size; it was a choice between either having an entire government district or just one giant government building.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: imoutofusernameideas on February 28, 2016, 11:46:51 PM

Photoshop would only add lights to pictures though, or am I misunderstanding this?

That's correct yes. The effect would be added after an in-game image has been taken. 

I'll have a look at LE tonight and see if there are any light props that would illuminate the entrance, I'm sure there's something that could be used.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

Quote from: vortext on February 28, 2016, 06:04:15 PM
The problem rather is the network texture IIDs use 0,1,2,3 in the fifth digit, thus triggering wealth families when their GID is changed for use in LE. Unfortunately changing the first four IID digits will not solve it, nor will changing just the fifth in one fell swoop as that will result in duplicates.

Thanks Eric, you are right, see what random offers of marriage do to a guy's head?  :D

Armed with some newfound clarity today, it obvious now my attempts to make this quick and dirty are destined to fail... I've removed the streets for now, I'll do it properly and possibly upload them as a texture pack.

Quote from: imoutofusernameideas on February 28, 2016, 11:46:51 PM

Indeed, it's basically just altering the screenshots to fix flaws inherent in the game. I don't often do this myself, but it can really improve a screenshot if you know what you are doing.

Quote1. T21: The prop in question appears in LE under the name: 'RT_CdS_ Gl_StatueIndependance ---' though for the life of me I can't figure out which of my prop packs included it, nor does Google spit out anything. Also I'm not entirely sure whether that's a capital "i" or a lower case "L".

Thankfully the name of the prop was prefixed "RT", that prop is in BSC Mega Props - RT Vol01. I'll see what I can do with it.

:Update:
Are you sure you mean road roundabout? This model is too large to fit there I think. But if you mean the Avenue roundabout, that's much easier. Delete the model in the centre which is 2x2 tiles and you can plop a 2x2 lot in the gap. So just place the model on a 2x2 lot with grass to match the inner roundabout and you are golden. Much easier that messing with T21's or offsets.

Quote2. Thanks for the fixed street textures, I will try them out as soon as I can play again.

See above... we'll try again a third time ;).

Quote3. Should I just mess around a bit with Occupation size then? And in case it's the LOD that's causing this, is there something I can do to lower this value and if so, would this be even be a safe action to take or could it really mess with the building?

You could try reducing the occupant size, I do this with almost every prop, setting it at .5,.5,.5 to make it very small. This helps to allow MMPs to fit places they might not otherwise. It's important to note that if the model is a building, you can change it all you like. The LE will only use the value that was there when the lot was created. So you would have to make the lot from scratch. (Actually, you can cheat here, using reader you can copy the old textures/props to the new lot with the adjusted building).

Adjusting the LOD is possible, but fraught with difficulty. You are getting into the fundamentals of how SC4 emulates 3D with 2D models here. Something called U/V mapping dictates where the textures are applied in respect of the LOD. If you adjust the LOD these will not update to account for it, leaving the textures looking stretched, squashed or just plain missing in places. It's not something I'd get into, if the LOD is there, generally speaking you have to live with it.

Quote1. When reinstalling the NAM, can I change some things I have forgotten the last time? Specifically, I have now found out that I can disable the arrows on one-way roads with it. They've always bothered me.

Of course, although I must say I'm having a problem with that feature in NAM 34, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it.

Quote2. I have downloaded the LRM props yesterday and they're quite good, though now I have also downloaded the American Light set, which would obviously fit an American city better. Can I use them together or should I uninstall the LRM props? The readme does not mention compatibility with other LRM releases.

Perhaps it will be clearer if you check the first post here? You only need one of the LRM sets here, I don't think you can mix/match them. So if you want the US set, just use that and uninstall any others. Each mod is identical, just the actual streetlight props are different.

QuoteAlso, how safe is the actual replacement mod to use? (The .dat that will actually replace all Maxis lights, as I understand it's completely optional).

Overriding existing models/props/textures is the easiest way to make mods. There is no danger with using it. Replacing the Maxis light cones gives a much better lighting effect all over your city. I think it might require your game running on Hardware rendering to work correctly though. If you try it and run into problems let us know. Worst case scenario, just remove it again and everything will be as it was.

QuoteP.S.: Please don't be angry that I have made the Capitol lot smaller (therefore needing less street textures). I had tried it in game and come to the conclusion that I had been somewhat optimistic about lot size; it was a choice between either having an entire government district or just one giant government building.

:) No worries, feel free to use or not anything I've attached. I'm planning to use the water textures myself for example, only I might see if I can get some proper tillable textures which will be more flexible.

imoutofusernameideas

@socrates: Thank you, a look at the lot in LE by a more experienced eye would be much appreciated. Photoshop is not an option, as I'm reaaly looking for permanent in-game lights.

@mgb:

1. Well, I wasn't talking about a road roundabout per se, but rather the avenue I will build is supposed to be divided by a reflective pool and I don't think the standard 2tile avenue would allow for this, therefore I will most likely build two roads with a free space of one tile wide between them. I'm not sure if the avenue roundabouts connect to this however. The filler I have in mind would be on a 2x2 lot, but I would like the statue to be placed on top of a round concrete ground that fits into a roundabout seamlessly, much like the Alexander column roundabout filler: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/20103-alexander-column-roundabouts/

Although here the round concrete ground the column stands on is actually part of the building and not a prop, so if there is a prop that could do this, it would be very welcome.

As for the other points, thanks for the answers. The occupant size and LOD will probably remain a mystery to me forever, but perhaps it's better to hold off on messing around with codes and such until socrates has had a look at the possibilities of nightlights in LE.

mgb204

I'll come back to you on the roundabout, final version of the Street Textures attached with proper IDs  &ops. Sorry for the earlier problems, I should know better but was trying to do it in a hurry.

Note: Attachment removed, these textures can now be found as part of my Texture Pack on the LEX.

imoutofusernameideas

Quote from: mgb204 on February 29, 2016, 09:44:48 AM
I'll come back to you on the roundabout, final version of the Street Textures attached with proper IDs  &ops. Sorry for the earlier problems, I should know better but was trying to do it in a hurry.

Don't be silly, you've already done more than I deserve. So here's to you:

mgb204

I made this to help illustrate the problem of a one-tile median with roundabouts at the end:

• Ave Roundabout
    By default, if you connect OWR to the edges, you get a two tile median, although you can use a OWR S-Curve to transition it cleanly to one. To get the S-Curve as close as I have, plop it before the roundabout.
  • Road Roundabout
    You'd need to use a 90Deg. bend to connect, looks unslightly.
  • OWR-Circle
    This fares a little better, but still not perfect
  • OWR-Roundabout
    Just shown because often an odd number of tiles works better, a nice clean transition on each side with a 3 tile median.

It's worth noting, both solutions 1 and 4 offer the ability for additional E/W connections to the roundabout. 2/3 would not.

The Avenue roundabout filler can be replaced with any a 2x2 tile lot.

The OWR roundabout can be filled with a 1x1 lot, this is what the linked lot is made for. The sidewalks inner ring forms part of the roundabout textures, although the default NAM ones aren't the same.

If you'd like my roundabout textures (sidewalk will match what's installed) I can pass them along? I could also change the centre of the roundabout to be entirely sidewalk if you prefer that to grass. This is not recommended for the avenue, since a number of other components would potentially look out of place. But for Road/OWR it wouldn't matter.

imoutofusernameideas

Well, out of those I'd say the first option appeals most to me for several reasons, not the least of which being that - contrary to option 4 - its roundabout is an even number. Could the S-curve be placed the other way around though? So instead of creating a two tile space filling the one tile median entirely like a regular avenue does?

As for the filler, I would prefer something entirely filled with pavement, though if that is not an option I suppose I could live with some grass surrounding the statue.

mgb204

I can process a set of roundabout textures to remove the grass, but I need to know which sidewalk mod you use. Since a few pieces have them baked-in, it wouldn't look right otherwise.

An you can't switch the S-Curve. Only ave can connect to the central part of the roundabout. Whereas only Road and OWR can connect to the outer parts, and straights only.

imoutofusernameideas

I don't believe I use any mods for those (yet), unless some overrides that I have downloaded along the line has done this, but my roads still have those white tiles around them that look like bathroom tiles.

Speaking of which, I don't really like those anyhow. Any suggestions for some good looking ones? And is there one such mod that allows for pavement everywhere not just on the parts where buildings are adjacent to it?

mgb204

Do you mean to remove the grass strips from the road textures, I think there might be one... ;).

As for not liking them, join the club, I wanted them gone, but also didn't want to run into a situation where some remained and there was a mismatch. I've been working with Rivit to come up with a solution to this problem for others. So whatever texture you can find to use for a sidewalk, it can be expanded to work with everything. As for which sidewalk to use, there are many different options to choose from. Personally the one I'm using is Paeng's Sandstone.

imoutofusernameideas

Quote from: mgb204 on February 29, 2016, 02:46:26 PM
Do you mean to remove the grass strips from the road textures, I think there might be one... ;).

Yes, I think that's what I mean. When I zone medium or high density residential/commercial next to a street, the road/street will get pavement that directly connects to the road, while Low density leaves a strip of grass between pavement and street. I'd like to have that changed. But something which also bothers me is that in some parts of my town I have some zones along a road that eventually makes a curve (thus ending the zone) connecting to another straight road where zoning will be present. But the curve part of the road will usually not have any pavement at all which looks a bit odd.

Quote from: mgb204 on February 29, 2016, 02:46:26 PMAs for not liking them, join the club, I wanted them gone, but also didn't want to run into a situation where some remained and there was a mismatch. I've been working with Rivit to come up with a solution to this problem for others. So whatever texture you can find to use for a sidewalk, it can be expanded to work with everything. As for which sidewalk to use, there are many different options to choose from. Personally the one I'm using is Paeng's Sandstone.

I've had a look at Paeng's work and I don't think it would quite suit my wishes. It's beautiful, don't misunderstand me, but I'm looking for something more "generic" and grey. Also I'm not too fond of brick textures as they have a tendency to not connect all that well to one another, especially around curves/diagonal roads. What I'm looking for would be something like this:

EDIT: In your first post, mgb, you've mentioned MAS71's JPN Walls. I've looked for them and it appears I already have them in my game - I've had to download them as a dependency for the slope wall staircase mod that has all kinds of staircases for wall sets. The thing is I can't find the walls in-game. There is a lot however that says after plopping it, I will be able to place JPN walls, though even after plopping said lot, the walls don't appear in any menu. Am I doing something wrong? The readme of that file wasn't particularly comprehensible, it also said something along the lines of not being able to use more than one different design per city or something like that, but like I said, the English in that readme wasn't really perfect...

mgb204

Quote from: imoutofusernameideas on March 01, 2016, 12:18:27 AM
...while Low density leaves a strip of grass between pavement and street.

That's what the NGN mod will take care of :).

QuoteBut the curve part of the road will usually not have any pavement at all which looks a bit odd.

Here's a snippet from a tutorial I used to have on SimPeg explaining this behaviour:

Quote from: mgb204A dragable piece is basically the same as any of the Maxis transport networks, for example roads. When you drag patterns these connect automatically and adjust as needed to create junctions and the like. Puzzle Pieces are most commonly used as part of the NAM (Network Addon Mod) and cover a vast array of items such as Overpasses, Viaducts or Tram-in Avenue. Due to the differences in how these pieces are made, some items (especially puzzle pieces) will need a special texture, often several per item to appear in game, this can be referred to as a baked-in texture. Where such pieces exist, they are typically made Maxis white, but there are a number of mods out there to replace them with your personal sidewalk. The problem is that when you make such a mod, you can only design it with one sidewalk in mind, there is no easy way of making a piece that will change, something which occurs normally with dragable pieces. Therefore you need to consider these limitations when selecting a sidewalk mod, sometimes having a big block of Maxis white in the middle of your city can really stand out. Thankfully the community has released many mods that can bring our personal Sidewalk textures to many pieces that would otherwise remain Maxis white.

At the time, I would have directed you towards a mod called the Japanese NAM Facelift Mod. But if you think MAS-San's instructions are vague, you are going to have fun with that :). Maybe it's about time I put that tutorial up again somewhere, only it needs some modifications since things have changed since I wrote it. In-short though, combine elements of this mod, together with my automated sidewalk's output and you will have a complete set of uniform textures for any sidewalk. I'll come back to you with something more complete later.

Quote...but I'm looking for something more "generic" and grey...

I would imagine one of Gobias' HD sidewalk textures would fit the bill here, sadly they were removed from the LEX around New Year. So unless you have them in your plugins folder, you are out of luck :(. Off-hand I don't know of one that looks like that, I was trying to make something similar a while back, but it just came out "too grey".

I'll come back on this later too, since the tutorial I refer too should make everything crystal clear, but in-short, if you can find a texture. From any prop/texture pack, the original Maxis content or even a custom one, you can make it fit everywhere :). Thus I'm sure something will exist that fit's your requirements that could be used.

QuoteThe thing is I can't find the walls in-game...  the English in that readme wasn't really perfect...

First Mas-71 is Japanese, so you can forgive his English, I found it understandable personally, but perhaps that's because I'm very used to conversations with non-native speakers? In essence it would have installed something called an MML. The other thing you need to know, they can be found in the Power menu, which is perhaps not where you'd expect to find them? The MML is optional though, remove this file and they appear like regular lots once more.

As for the instructions re: more than one design, that refers simply to the textures used or style of walls. The readme shows at least 5 (maybe more, there are addons), different wall styles you can pick from, I think there are also different fences. All you have to do is decide which you want, and remove all the other "styles" from your plugins folder. They are all numbered so it should be easy to identify which is which. This is a common modding practise, if you accidently have more than one, the last one to load will appear in game, but no problems should occur. You just might not get the style you intended to use.

imoutofusernameideas

First of all I apologise if my comment sounded offensive as it wasn't meant to. I'm not a native speaker and while I can perfectly understand natives, I do sometimes have difficulty with non natives and slang (can't understand a word when a chav opens his mouth).

As for the walls: I did know that they were in the electricity menu, but they don't show up for me. Perhaps I'll reinstall them. Which set was that particular wall from?

Curves and grass strips: does the mod take care of the grass strips in front of other lots too? Like parks and such?

As for the sidewalk: so I should just search for a regular texture that is what I'm looking for?

I feel like I'm forgetting half of what I wanted to say but I'm on my mobile right now and not at home, so I'll get back to you later.

EDIT: This picture has been posted before, but it demonstrates my issue quite well:

As you can see, the road on the left runs along the slope walls, which are - technically speaking - parks, while the adjoining street runs along a zoned area, therefore creating pavements but only in those places, not along the "parks". Is that particular issue fixed with the mod linked above?

Addition to the sidewalk topic: I've seen a set called 'Japanese sidewalk textures' or something along those lines, but I'm not quite sure whether that's exactly what I'm looking for or just something that comes close. Because if it is the case that I can basically use any existing texture as a sidewalk override, I certainly have some that would be much better.

mgb204

Quote from: imoutofusernameideas on March 01, 2016, 09:35:47 AM
As for the walls: I did know that they were in the electricity menu, but they don't show up for me. Perhaps I'll reinstall them. Which set was that particular wall from?

I didn't realise you weren't a native speaker, your English is very good if that's the case  :thumbsup:. I can totally understand why you might have some trouble.

Do a search in your plugins folder for "01_Mas71-Walls2_Essentials-090924.dat", if you already have the walls installed, you will have this file. You should be careful to not install duplicates, it just makes life harder in the end. I know keeping plugins organised is a chore, but it's well worth it in the long run. Doubly so if you dabble with modding.

Specifically I'm using the Fence and Wall type 4 textures from this pack.

QuoteCurves and grass strips: does the mod take care of the grass strips in front of other lots too? Like parks and such?

There are 8 stages that are applied to sidewalks in game, based on wealth and density:

• 0 Wealth - Where no zoning exists, usually without sidewalks or grass.
  • 1-3 Wealth - Low Density zoning, for $, $$ and $$$ wealths respectively. Usually these include grass (which is baked-in to the textures) as well as sidewalks.
  • 4-6 Wealth - Med/High Density for all wealths. Everything that is not the road texture, becomes sidewalks.
  • 7 Wealth - Special Agriculture zoning, uses the same dirt as the rail underlay next to farms.

What NGN does, is take all the 1-3 textures with grass and replace them with 4-6 textures. It's an all or nothing thing, if installed you should not see grass ever on networks.

It doesn't cover some of the WRC (curves) or FAR pieces. The reason being, if it did you'd run into the puzzle piece problem, where one has to be "baked in". Meaning only one sidewalk texture would be supported. All the content in NGN is designed to work with whatever texture is installed, otherwise I'd need to release a variant for every sidewalk option. As such, these legacy pieces are not covered. 90% of them have been replaced with draggable versions, which fully support sidewalks/grass, those are covered. See my tutorial video on YouTube for a detailed explanation of how to use them, it's much easier than finding puzzle pieces too :). Part 2 covers those.

Some like the Avenue WRC/FAR pieces and OWR have yet to be made draggable. For those you need a couple elements of the Jap NAM Facelift Mod. Between the two, you'll have a very uniform setup that adapts to whatever sidewalk is installed. The problem is, the instructions are again not the easiest to follow. My tutorial went into each part in depth, see below for more on that.

If you want to take that a stage further, then making a custom Sidewalk NAM (SWN) mod will additionally add your sidewalks to every remaining piece. Both my mods are designed to work together and with the Jap NAM FL mod. That is my personal setup, and uniformity has been my goal. This is something I've spent 2 years working on, so that users would no longer have to compromise when using custom sidewalks.

QuoteAs for the sidewalk: so I should just search for a regular texture that is what I'm looking for?... Because if it is the case that I can basically use any existing texture as a sidewalk override, I certainly have some that would be much better.

As above, NGN and the Jap NAM FL mod will cover most of your needs. SWN takes it to a whole new level. I've sufficient scripts/repositories that armed with 1-3 textures (as you desire) you can automatically process thousands of textures to include your sidewalk. This covers the basic sidewalk mod itself, overrides for the original Maxis textures and NAM and RTMT textures.

Just looking over the previous tutorial, there is so much that needs changing, this is not going to be an overnight job. So it might be a few weeks before I can get that up-to-date. Confounding the issue is that certain parts of the process are still in-development, so I've been holding off updating it until I could be sure no further changes would be introduced. Thankfully that process is nearing the end, the plan being to update everything to NAM 35 specifications, prior to an official release. So it will be a few weeks after NAM 35's release hopefully before the tutorial is done. That said, most of the work was done over 6 months ago, you just need a pre-release version of GoFSH which makes the textures. If you want to go that route, it's probably easier to pass me the textures you want (or point me in their direction), I can then give you everything you need. It's all automated, but again lacks detailed documentation right now.

imoutofusernameideas

Well, at first glance it seems that NGN would fulfill my wishes, as I actually do not want pavement to appear along those few lonely roads and streets that will lead to my suburbs and countrysides.

About the wealth levels however, I'm wondering whether those "rules" apply only to                                     zoned land, or every lot that has a wealth level in general. For example, the Capitol building has its lot wealth set at Medium, but as it is ploppable (just like parks etc.) and not a draggable zone, I'm wondering whether the NGN will correspond to this as well, as parks for example have a tendency to have "low wealth" pavements appear.

The other part of your post sounds somewhat Chinese to me, I'll probably need a little yellow book 'SimCity for Dummies'. If I've understood correctly, I could use one of my textures and mod it to be used as a sidewalk replacement, or do I have this wrong? So basically, if I wanted to, I could use one of the water textures you have so kindly created for me as a sidewalk?

mgb204

Perhaps it helps to clarify that NGN doesn't alter the rules of anything. So far as I know, that's not really possible. Here is a picture to explain what NGN does:

On the top row is the Dirt "sidewalk" (used under rail or next to farms). Then three custom sidewalk textures for wealths $, $$ and $$$.

The next two rows show the actual textures for a straight road section. The light red/pink parts are transparent usually, I've placed the sidewalks under half of each texture, since that's what you see in game. But the reason these parts of the textures are transparent, is because that's how SC can apply any sidewalk to them. It knows, wherever it is transparent to place the sidewalk.

Notice how the 1,2,3 textures differ from the 4,5,6 ones? The only difference is the small strip of grass. That is part of the texture, unlike the sidewalk, SC4 does not use another texture from elsewhere for this. When an element of a texture is fixed like this, we tend to refer to it as "Baked-In". All NGN does is to remove these strips of grass, so now the 1-3 (Low Density) textures will appear identical to the 4-6 (Med/High) ones.

Just to complicate matters, anything that does not grow, i.e. plopables, are treated differently. But, that doesn't matter, since the grass no longer exists, the game is simply unable to display it. Every texture will look like the bottom half of 4,5,6 in the example.

Perhaps the best thing here, is just to see it in action yourself. NGN has a very friendly installer, which allows you to select all the options with pictures. If you don't want to keep it, simply remove the folder "G - NGN" from the z____MGB Mods folder it installs. Simple as that, everything will revert to how it was before. :)

Quote from: imoutofusernameideas on March 01, 2016, 11:01:59 PM
So basically, if I wanted to, I could use one of the water textures you have so kindly created for me as a sidewalk?

Spot on...

Here's an example of a texture (left), where transparency can not be used to display a sidewalk:

This is a segment of a roundabout, the left texture has not only the grass baked in. It also has the sidewalk baked in too. Until you install a custom sidewalk, you'd probably not notice, but many similar NAM pieces will not adapt to a custom sidewalk. That's because the Maxis sidewalk is a permanent part of the texture. There are literally thousands of textures in the NAM that are like this.

Previously it was necessary to edit each texture one at a time, painstakingly removing the baked in parts, then manually adding the grass and sidewalks from the new textures. This was a laborious task, but the only way to make a custom sidewalk appear on such pieces. Imagine having done this, if you one day wanted a new sidewalk?  :'(. Until now that has been the sidewalk dilemma, if you install a custom one, there were always many pieces that would not match up.

The middle texture is something that simply defines where sidewalks (green) and grass (cyan) appear in the first texture. I have thousands of these "sets" of textures. Another member, Rivit made a program that can take a given set, and apply new grass and sidewalk textures automatically. So in essence you start with what you see on the left, the Green and Cyan areas are replaced by textures you choose, on the right is the final result. In this example it changed the sidewalk to Paeng's and the Grass to match my terrain mod.

So instead of all that work, as a user, all you need is to download my "templates" and an application called GoFSH. You tell GoFSH what textures you want for your set, click run and watch as it makes them all for you. It does everything automatically, you just need to move the created files into your plugins folder.

To illustrate this better, here is my game, on the top without the additional sidewalk textures generated by this process. On the bottom, including them. As you can see, whilst most of the pieces will show your sidewalks without this additional mod, the unified appearance (bottom) is a huge difference:

The same process that is used to make these textures, can also make textures into a sidewalk mod and much more besides. Therefore, if you've found a texture you want for a sidewalk, either in-game, from download off the exchanges, on a web site or even made yourself. That's all I need to made a complete uniform mod for it.

imoutofusernameideas

At the risk of sounding like an American tourist in Paris: that's amazing!

Two questions:

1. Where do I find your templates? LEX?
2. Will GoFsh give me a list with pictures to choose from textures like LE or ask for a file location? As usual I have no idea which texture came with what pack.

mgb204

Templates are on my Google drive.

GoFSH (the version on the exchange does not support automation), is still in-development, but I can pass you a copy if you need it. Indeed the latest interface allows you to browse the actual textures from a visual list.

It may be easier though (because things are still being collated) for me to just make it for you. Since I have everything set to run and much is yet to have full documentation. I'll get back to you on PM and we'll see if we can find the textures first.

imoutofusernameideas

Hey everyone, I'm back with another question. I've thought about opening a new thread for this, but as I've created this thread with the intention to ask help with all the hardships I encounter, I'll just ask here, even though this does not concern Halisburg specifically.
Today I'm asking for your help with Pegasus's recreational seawall set. I understand that they are self levelling, but I was wondering if it is at all possible to somehow disable this or to create a shoreline that's higher than just above sea level. It seems to me that the entire concept of the self levelling is faulty, because even if I was fine having my waterfront as low as his lots become automatically, they will start lowering themselves even further at some point (the first few lots I place are fine, but after 3 - 5 they'll just start going even lower, even going beneath sea level).
I simply can't seem to find an answer to this, even after reading up on the subject and going through tutorials. Is there a certain value I can change in reader? Or some modification that will make them behave like for example Marrast's set? Something that would allow me to place them on a higher coastline?
Some help would be very welcome.