• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railyard textures for the Real Railway

Started by eggman121, December 26, 2014, 10:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT14

Here is one lot that doesn't translate very well - so far, the only one - Newman Inc Grain Warehouse and Shipping:

Check out the funky diagonal spur on right side edge, this doesn't seem to be part of the original layout as it's not transit-enabled. it's totally part of the original layout

In any case, most of the railcars on the lot aren't grain-related anyway, including the ones being filled with grain, so re-lotting is probably the best option...

Edit: After further investigation, it seems this lot depends on version 1 of the NCD textures, the pre-2007 version. So it's really remarkable that this patch works at all!

For comparison, here's the version with minimum original dependencies, ready for the lot editor:

Note the non-TE diagonal spur at lot edge is original to the layout.

Simmer2

Hello CT14.
That lot is on my to do list.
The one I'm making will be without the canal props.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

CT14

Quote from: Simmer2 on July 10, 2016, 08:49:15 AM
That lot is on my to do list.
The one I'm making will be without the canal props.
That's great! I'm already working on a different style of grain elevator lot, so I guess I can leave this one alone.

Probably the biggest takeaway here is that some lots still use the NCD version 1 textures, not the currently available 1.02, and there may be glitches on those lots.

eggman121

Thanks CT14 for the input.

Indeed the patch works but with the geometry changed on some pieces It is hard to get the pieces to behave properly with the intricate setup that is shown on this Lot.

I did do extensive testing but this Lot may have escaped.

I can see that the original creator may have had great trouble getting the configuration right for the textures.

That being said, I would wait for Simmer2 to present a comparable Lot.

Thanks for digging this up  :thumbsup:

-eggman121

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Best I start blowing the dust off this thread  &nj

The NCD Texture pack is the next phase of the automation for the RRW Textures  ;D

1)

2)

Tentative results. Took me about two days to get to this stage.

Nick (Simmer2) I hope you are reading this. With your help your textures are next  ;)

-eggman121

CT14

Hey, those are looking really great and will be useful in a number of lots! In preview #2 above, I see a little glitch at the switch to the right of the BN hoppers.

Mikey Knox

I found a Lot with a Missing Texture

Tank Car Filling Station 1.1