• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Something that annoys me about posting.

Started by your_adress_here, January 14, 2007, 01:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

your_adress_here

I've noticed that every time you make a post, instead of returning you to the thread, in brings you into the forums menu. I personally find that somewhat annoying, since I like to make sure my post made it and to make sure there aren't any typos. I don't know if this bothers anybody else, or if you guys can even change it because of the software you use, but it would be nice if it could be changed.

Edit: I don't want to be annoying. If you guys don't want to/can't change it, I'm sure I'd be able to get used to it after a while. If you could though, it would make the experience more enjoyable in a subtle way.  ;)
Bookah!

Fred_Ginger

Quote from: your_adress_here on January 14, 2007, 01:00:01 PM
I've noticed that every time you make a post, instead of returning you to the thread, in brings you into the forums menu. I personally find that somewhat annoying, since I like to make sure my post made it and to make sure there aren't any typos. I don't know if this bothers anybody else, or if you guys can even change it because of the software you use, but it would be nice if it could be changed.

Edit: I don't want to be annoying. If you guys don't want to/can't change it, I'm sure I'd be able to get used to it after a while. If you could though, it would make the experience more enjoyable in a subtle way.  ;)
I'd have to agree with Your_address_here, it is annoying and if possibly could be fixed it would be really nice, I really don't mean to be pushy, being new here and all..... ;D
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

jen_p

You can change this. If you go into your profile settings and click on "look and layout settings", check "return to topics after posting by default".
My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

Colyn

Thanks Jen ... I was just about to post ... also if you look there is an option to have a quick reply box at the bottom of the thread.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

vester

Ahh nice. Should be default, but maybe that is just me.

Giligone

Quote from: jen_p on January 14, 2007, 02:16:24 PM
You can change this. If you go into your profile settings and click on "look and layout settings", check "return to topics after posting by default".

awesome! thanks. That annoyed me too. Mwahaha. Consider this the test post of the new change...

EDIT: it works, yay

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vester

Sorry J. Still trying to find the map for this site. ;)

btw: Have added a few to my buddy list, but not sure where I find it again. It would be nice to have in the side bar....

jeronij

Quote from: vester on January 14, 2007, 03:56:20 PM
Sorry J. Still trying to find the map for this site. ;)

Did you try Google Earth  :D :D ?¿

You will find your budy list in your profile section  ;).
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

Quote from: jeronij on January 14, 2007, 03:43:08 PM
I wonder why I wrote a thjavascript:void(0);
Flamming Devil :newbie:read called First Steps at Sim City 4 Devotion.... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

It's a readme, right?   :D :D 

Quote from: jeronijDid you try Google Earth?¿

Someone's on form tonight  &apls
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

vester

Quote from: jeronij on January 14, 2007, 04:10:54 PM
Did you try Google Earth  :D :D ?¿

You will find your budy list in your profile section  ;).

lol, very funny.

I meant: to be useful it should be less hiden, as it is today.

your_adress_here

It works! Thanks for clearing this up.  :)
Bookah!

Fred_Ginger

I wonder why I wrote a thread called First Steps at Sim City 4 Devotion.... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Jeronij, like, do you expect us to read the instructions? #?¿?¿?$
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Diggis

Quote from: Fred_Ginger on January 15, 2007, 03:15:36 PM
Jeronij, like, do you expect us to read the instructions? #?¿?¿?$

Not us?!  We know all.   :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

NikNik

I wonder why I wrote a thread called First Steps at Sim City 4 Devotion.... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

well you wrote it after I became member.  ;D
so I never did look at it and thought of learning on the job.  &mmm

Guess this is a on-the-job-like problem. Thanks Jen.  :thumbsup:

Nik-Nik

jeronij

QuoteJeronij, like, do you expect us to read the instructions?
QuoteNot us?!  We know all.
QuoteHmm, what instructions?

$%Grinno$% ...you are right, I feel stupid sometimes  :D !!!

Nik-Nik,    :-\ 
;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary