• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New heavy elevated rail viaducts

Started by ArkenbergeJoe, October 29, 2007, 10:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The railway viaducts are to have which texture?

grey natural rocks texture
45 (77.6%)
yellow brick texture
13 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: November 12, 2007, 09:05:48 AM

travismking

I was looking for diagonal on-slope rail transitions for just that reason :) Good to see they are being worked on :)

samerton

Quote from: travismking on January 01, 2011, 06:10:34 AM
I was looking for diagonal on-slope rail transitions for just that reason :) Good to see they are being worked on :)

They are already included. They're towards the end of the Elevated Heavy Rail TAB ring.

ArkenbergeJoe

I have created the Bridge with the diagonal-viaduct.

STEP1

Your has the Zero-Bridge-Mod in the Pluginfolder. And Maxis-rails dragging over the vally (without water)

STEP2

Plopp the blanc terrain viaducts of the "bridge". I created the new fundament for the viaducts.

STEP3

Save the City and close the SC4. Remove the Zero-bridge-Mod to pluginfolder. And started SC4 new!

Finished  &hlp

More Info is here: www.Simforum.de

MandelSoft

That's very clever! Wonderfull work, ArkenbergJoe!  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

Outstanding!  &apls   Are you considering sharing the foundations you've added? I'd love to be able to do this!

Ciuu96

Good idea and a very nice tutorial, result looks great!  &apls
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

samerton

noahclem

The double-height el-rail stuff has been nice to have around for a while now and I've been hoping something similar is planned for heavy rail--30m or 7.5m.

What I'm more curious about at the moment is if it's possible to modify the 30m el-rail to carry rail traffic as well. I understand the rail automata works fine on those pieces now but they won't carry real traffic. How difficult would it be for me to change those pieces to carry el-rail and heavy rail? Or only heavy rail? Would it be a matter of copying and pasting the existing paths for elevated rail to paths for heavy rail? I'm pretty new to modding stuff but I've been poking around that NAM dat containing those pieces in the reader and had some ideas for what I might need to do. I'm quite sure I'm not up to the challenge of creating anything new but if it didn't sound too difficult thought I might take a crack at adding rail functionality to the existing pieces. To start with I think I'd only mess with the basic piece, the "T" on-slope piece, and the 30m el-over-15m ave piece.

Ideally I would also change the textures on the top to heavy rail ones. I'd leave the pylons as they are and probably do the same with those textures just to the side of the rail part. Is that just a matter of referencing the FSH files for the rail viaduct surface pieces instead of the el-rail ones?

Any tips? Am I in over my head?

Shadow Assassin

QuoteWould it be a matter of copying and pasting the existing paths for elevated rail to paths for heavy rail?

There's that... and you also need to change the CheckTypes of the puzzle pieces so they're on rail. Other than that, it's a simple process.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ArkenbergeJoe

Technical Parameter:

height: y =  over ca 15.5 and under -100

ArkenbergeJoe

Here is the new puzzlebridges for the subviaducts

The watertexture is not beautiful and will last the another watertexture

samerton

noahclem

Great to see this great project making progress! It might look even nicer with starting/ending pieces to the girder system (not at 90 degree anges). I'd love to have these nice, viaduct-based diagonal rail bridges in Siilijoki!