• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

Wow, these last pictures are outstanding again,   :o
and i must confess: i´m addicted...  :)
Greetz, Carl

Yan077

Hi Cedric,

I agree the last pictures are totally outsanding, certainly the most subtil MMp's work I ever seen with an own reworked stuff  :o
Pure perfection. Can't wait to the new region of Aubrac  ::)

More than ever, I'm a real Antigone's addict, as your pictures are always so inspirationnal for my own MD.

Thanks so much for sharing with us all your hard and fabulous work  &apls &apls &apls

Yann  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great job with the MMP work--those logging pieces would be especially useful! AntigOne is always a pleasure!  &apls

Kergelen

Fantastic MMP work as always! &apls &apls

I like the improvement of the logging scenes and the constant renewal of the game you do.
I wonder how you do to placed MMP on Chrisadams' gravel paths because with the default Crishadams' paths I can't put MMP over them. &mmm

Links to SC4 websites

Badsim

Thank you !  :)

Quote from: Kergelen on December 12, 2011, 10:41:40 AM

I wonder how you do to placed MMP on Chrisadams' gravel paths because with the default Crishadams' paths I can't put MMP over them. &mmm

Gravel paths Lots from Chrisadams have Arrows timed props to help the user to place them correctly ( orientation ) ... these props have an Occupant Size ( and the Building examplar as well ... ) as you can see them under LotEditor :

Both places taken by props & the building are lost places for MMPs . These props are listed as a dependency ( BSC Parks V2—Base Set ) but the fact you have that dependency or not doesn't change the problem : in any case , their Occupant sizes are saved on the Lots . The only way is to remove these timed arrows props with LotEditor . Alas , these Lots having no Base Textures , you'll have to add one before to « Save as » them all as a new set . Then , you'll have to delete these new Base Textures with IliveReader . Another inconvenience is that the original Lots are merged into a single dat file .If you're experimented enough with IliveReader , you can replace them in that dat file , if you're not , you'll have to bear a double Gravel Paths set in your menu ... but maybe you will consider that betweem two evils , this is the minor one .  ::)

I took that occasion to write a little tutorial to change your MMPs if you want to be able to use them on draggable paths as well like that :

To get this result , I've changed the kSC4FloraParametersProperty of all the MMPs I've built ( Not for the already uploaded VIP Rural and Cars Packs , alas !  :thumbsdown: ) and all those I'm using and revisiting from various authors ...

I'm going to show you how to change that kSC4FloraParmetersProperty , but I'm not going to explain the role of each of these 14 properties . It would be too complicated to describe as several of these properties are interactive , and most of all too sickening for me in english which isn't my native language ...  :-[

Open the Chrisadams's dirth path dat file (ALN_0220_Dirt Path.dat ) with Ilive Reader , you'll get that blank window :

Click on « Fill the list » on the right and you'll get this :

This is a single examplar MMP as you can see on the left , the kSC4FloraParametersProperty is on the right :

Double click on it and you'll get that sub-window :

Delete all what is written in « Value as text » :

Now copy with your mouse that line of codes , exactely like it is :

180.000000,100.000000,200.000000,3.000000,128.000000,363.000000,15051.000000,0.600000,0.000000,0.000000,0.100000,1.000000,0.300000,5.000000

Paste it in « Value as text » :

« Apply » n°1 , the new values are applied , as you can now read them in the table :

« Apply » n°2 , the kSC4FloraParametersProperty sub-window is closed :

« Save » :

The work is done for Chrisadams's Dirt Path ...

Now , let say that you want to be able to plop murimk's bikers on your dirt path , open Bikers_MMP.dat , « Fill the list » :

You have 14 examplar files on the left for that MMP , so you need to edit the kSC4FloraParemeters of each and all these 14 examplars ( same process using the copy/paste of the same line of codes ) .

Well , don't forget to make a backup of the concerned files before to start , let me know if you have been sucessful to do that ... ( and what you think of your brand new powers  ;D ) .

To end this  post , I've got a Xmas gift for you all : I've built 3 Sims MMPs using Namspopof Prop Pack Vol 1 & Vol 2 :

20 ploppable Sims ( Men )

20 ploppable Sims ( Women )

11 various Sims ( 5 groups , 4 baby-carriage , 2 dogs )

You can see them on that picture , in front of Notre-Dame de Paris :

Mixed with MAXIS original Sims , only their shadows reveal them . Zip file attached at the end of this post .

Dependencies :

- Namspopof Props Pack Vol1 : http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?download=1780

- Namspopof Props Pack Vol2 : http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?download=1882

Enjoy !  :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

jafmo

Dear Cédric

I've been following your work here for a long time. I wish i could have the time and especially the  knowledge to do the wonderful things you do with this game. I guess it became less than a game and more of a hobby for the majority of us here. But i just what to thank you for sharing that with us, and for letting us feast our eyes in the wonderful pictures you create. I think we all appreciate.

Thank you,
José António

Kergelen

:o
Two great tutorials!
I'll do this weekend. Thanks to share!

The possibility to add sims MMP over the Lots is exiting. An easy way to add live to the cities. And those sims MMP are perfect because I use Namspopof props on my current Lots. Again many thanks :)

Links to SC4 websites

FrankU

Hi Badsim,

You never cease to astound me.... If I would post every time I see something marvelous my post count would skyrocket and Jeronij would be urged to make more space for the number to be shown on the site.

I have a remark though.
You explain a quite tedious procedure concerning getting the arrows out of Chrisadams props. There is an easy way. It concerns Wouanagaine's still not enough admired SC4_Pim. With this program it is a so easy job, you even don't need to explain. You just fire up the program, search for the lots and delete the unwanted arrow prop. You even can change the occupant size of the props (in the prop pack). You just need to put them on the lot anew. No deleting of base textures, no new and ugly Maxis-icon, no extra plots in your menu and pluginsfolder. Clean and easy.

Good luck!

In my humble opinion your thread is becoming the follow up of Dedgren's 3RR project. You have so much new stuff to show everytime I take a look at the site.

Framly

Great Tutorial! &apls

Thanks for the great Upload, very useful :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Ol.S / Benoit

Yep, thanks for sharing all this great stuff :) Also, the narrow rapid river stream looks really nice !

EDIT : About the picture you posted on the competition thread (I wanted to say a word): Considering that this picure was taken in SC4 without photoshop effects, this is a great idea, quite unique and unexpected. BUT, I think the picture itself is not sooooooooo good as the ground texture streched like that looks like it was taken in a quite (Very ?) old FPS... :)

Hope your understand my point and keep in mind that I love your work :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Yan077

Thanks so much for your tutorial to change the MMPs, works perfectly!
Your knowledges about this game are unlimited, a genious at it's finest !
Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to your new region of Aubrac  ;)

&apls &apls &apls

JoeST

Cedric, there are just no words to describe how utterly fantastic your pictures are. The time machine comparison says it all, and those river rapids :o *speechless*

Thank you so much for sharing your worlds :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

marsh

Great tutorial.  &apls And I'll be sure to put those ploppable sims to good use. You and your team don't stop over-crowding my mmp menue.  ::)

,marsh

Shark7

Ah!  Thank you for the plop a sim MMPs.   :)  Something I can definitely find a use for.  I think any one that wants or needs to 'plop a mob' will find these useful.  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

It's wonderusefull! :D &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

namspopof

Whaou, it's superb ! I'm happy to see my people props convert to MMP.

This pack will be very useful, great work  ! &apls
STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

Badsim

I'm deeply touched by your comments . :) As bad as 2011 has been for many of us by the world , and 2012 could be , this is there my secret garden and my haven . $%#Ninj2

I didn't have the time to work for AntigOne lately , as I decided to devote some of my time to some works which can be shared out , with my team mates from the VIP Team . But Christmas arrival was the perfect occasion to stage Girafe's , Orange_o_'s and Vnaoned's snowy trees and flora for the Santa Claus . He's arriving ... Have you been wise enough ?  :D

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

And thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom
Had rolled along
The unbroken song

Till, ringing, singing on its way
The world revolved from night to day,
A voice, a chime,
A chant sublime

Then from each black, accursed mouth
The cannon thundered in the South,
And with the sound
The Carols drowned

And in despair I bowed my head;
'There is no peace on earth,' I said;
'For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!'

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
'God is not dead; nor doth he sleep!
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men!'

Christmas Bells , poem by Henry Wadswoth .

Merry Christmas SC4Devotion .  :P

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

lak47

Wonderful shot! Merry Christmas all  ;D

carlfatal

Merry Christmas Cedric,
thanks also for these nice sims MMPs and the last tutorials.
Although i´m no snow fan i love the last pictures: to see the hint of santa´s sledge...  :o  &apls
And crows are everywhere, i have to thank again for these: they are some aggressive but nevertheless wonderful birds and it´s so good to can "plant" them ingame now.  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl