• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

That's ingenious!  The latest pictures are fantastic once again. 

Yan077

Cedric, I don't know where you find so crazy ideas, once more this is pure genius  :P

&apls &apls &apls

Orange_o_

What a strange idea? but in any case it is a success!  :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

ldvger

I am amazed at the plop water you used for your recent cow pond, it is so vibrant and dynamic with color!  Is this a PW you modded for yourself or something someone else made?  Also, the "beaches" around the edges of the pond are perfect, muddy near the water's edge and becoming drier and greener as distance from the water increases.  How did you achieve that?  Could you maybe create a mini-tutorial to show us how? 

Great work, as always! 

Lora/LD

Badsim

Sorry for the delay Lora , I've been quite busy these 2 last  weeks ( and it was a good thing as I wasn't motivated for SC4 ...  ::) ) .

Well , the photo-realistic base textured pond is from Pegasus , PEG MTP 3x3 Pond 1 :http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/20981-peg-mtp-3x3-pond/ 

I've had just to clear up the LOT to keep base textures only :

Then the muddy borders are made with Heblem's ground textures MMPs ...

HBS Tropical Flora Pack (Mayor Mode) : http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/24399-hbs-tropical-flora-pack-mayor-mode/

The 4 models are named as following : ShoreBeachA ( Sand ) , ShoreBeachB ( Brown light )  , ShoreBeachC ( Mud ) and ShoreBeach D ( Rocky ) . The ShoreBeachB is the one I'm using everywhere as rural path after having resized the model with SC4ModelTweaker from Cogeo . To get a result as I've shown there with the pond , you'll need to use SC4MT for 2 distinct operations : firstly to resize the ShoreBeachC model ( factor 0.8 , all 3 dimensions ) and then to move the model ( 0.2 ) . That last action , which is a ground elevation  , is necessary to avoid to see that flat model overwritten by the pond base textures when you change the angle of view and/or zoom level .

Let me know if you need more informations . ;)

Since AntigOne took a rural turn , I've never ceased to hesitate between Orange_o_'s PTM Terrain Mod and Pegasus'one . From the PTM , I love some beautiful HD textures while  from Pegasus'Terrain Mod , I love the erosion effects . So , finally , I decided to work on an hybrid Terrain Mod . These are the first results :

So far , I didn't try to work on Terrain Mod properties , I've just switched some PTM FSH files and replaced some others . David is knowing my intentions and is ready to collaborate to a new Terrain Mod using more contrasted FSHs so the grass textures could get an relief illusion like MAXIS'ones do . But , before to do so ( that's a lot of work ) , It would be great to hear some opinions ...  ;)

At the same time I keep on to mod some MMPs and to test landscape techniques , like there  with my hybrid Terrain Mod , Girafe's Larches and one of Ennedi's backgrounds ...

What a pity we can get that kind of perspective on the borders of our city tiles only !  ::)

Thanks for your visit . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rambuckel

Wow, that's ... well I'm speechless. That last picture is amazing. I did not believe at all that that kind of perspective is possible at all!

And that terrain-mod-experiment looks very promising! I couldn't decide between PEGs mod and the PTM-Mod. I decided to chose one or the other for the city tiles. But that would be a perfect solution!

Awsome ideas. I'm so glad you have the ideas as only very few sc4-Players have both: The ideas and the ability to realize them!

&apls &apls &apls

- rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

noahclem

Wow, a lot of exciting stuff around here! I guess I shouldn't be surprised as that always seems to be the case  ;)

I love your umbrella-mushrooms  :D  It's funny because I always thought the umbrellas looked like mushrooms, and fortunately your mushrooms don't make me think of umbrellas. Nice work on the hybrid terrain mod and congratulations on over 100 pages and 2000 comments!  &dance

Pat

OMG wow Cedric amazing stuff has been happing here!!! Im soo drooling

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

City Planner

&apls  The greatest of all time!!

Girafe

Oh what's this new game where my larches are  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Yan077

Don't you know SC4 3D by Badsim  :D

How is it possible  ???

knapp

I thought, Your last pic is RL, taken somewhere in the Pyreneans. I only wondered, that the ground looked strongly like the PTM, but I was surprised, that it's really SC4.  &apls
Thanks also for the hint to modificate the elevation of Heblems pastures. I had the height problem also with my PW, even it's now at level 0.000001 or so.
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

Badsim

Quote from: Yan077 on December 08, 2011, 02:53:11 AM

How is it possible  ???

Work on the border of your city tiles with one of Ennedi's backgrounds ... as simple as that !  ;D

I don't want to compete with your current picture Yann , because I want to see your in the HoF , but then ... I will have no pity !  :D ( With the last picture of my previous post ) .

Waiting for the comeback of Orange_o_ ( he will be still absent for a few days ) to progress on the hybrid Terrain Mod ( temporary name ...) , I'm working to create some pictures to illustrate the VIP RuralPack Extension 1 , soon on the STEX .

First picture , to illustrate Vnaoned's ploppable crows & pigeons . I needed a false zoon 6 ( an ingame 800x600 pic then enlarged to 1024 ) for that . Now I'm going to illustrate Manchou's ploppable « seasonal » cows , Vnaoned's ploppable seasonal trees and ploppable garbage , included to the RuralPack Extension too . I should also start the LotEditing of Girafe's chalet ( log cabin ) which is waiting since a long time ... back at work , consequently .  ;)

Pat , Antoine , Theresa , Noah , City Planner ( ... well , I'm a bit confused by such praise ...  $%Grinno$% ) , Marcus ( I'm glad to know that I've been useful  :thumbsup: )  , thank you for your comments . :)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

noahclem

Lovely pictures with Ennedi's old backgrounds Cédric.  :thumbsup:

nbvc

Everything looks very realistic. &apls

Framly

It's always amazing how you show old things in new and better context :thumbsup:

Looks great!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

lak47

Ahh!! Pigeons.  ;D &apls

Badsim, you continue to amaze me.

Badsim

Thank you !  ;)

I'm sorry for the fans of substantial updates , but I've got still too much work behind the scene for that ... Moreover , I'm going where inspiration & necessity lead me : that's like that .  :P

The past 2 days , I've done several things I had in mind since a long time ; firstly , I've reworked some stuff from Pegasus ... it was absolutely necessary as those items have no equivalent : logging props .

The originals , plopped following their  MMP 7 stages order :

My first task has been to resize them all with SC4MTv2 ( factor 0.8 ) , then I've  built a new Logging MMP with only the items I was interested by , and adding some other models from Pegasus and Namspopof ( from his Prop Pack Vol 2 ) :

I've also applied  a new Cluster radius & kSC4FloraParametersProperty and that's what I'm now able to do with this 16 stages Logging MMP :

Secondly , I've also reworked Pegasus's Pines Clusters MMP . On that picture , you can see their original versions  with Girafe's pines as background ...

Not terrific , isn't it ? ::) ... but at the same time , as there's a lack of different sizes for Girafe's pines , why not to resize them ? The same picture now with Pegasus' pines clusters resized ( factor 0.48 for the clusters 1/2/3 and factor 0.36 for the clusters 4&5 ) :

On that picture I wasn't completely convinced , wondering if they don't look rather like miniature pines than small and young pines , but finally :

They don't look that bad !  ::)

To finish , I've resized Orange_o_'s Rapid River Kit pieces ( only the width dimension ) to get a narrow rapid stream :

That last work is experimental only as I would need to give new TGI(s) for the models to keep the two versions , and , to tell you the truth , I'm still trying to understand the process to do that . So far , I failed ...

Once again , all these pictures  are just an illustration of the preparatory works for my new region ( Aubrac ) but I thought it was useful to show you what you can do by yourself  , that work being quite easy with SC4MTv2 and not that much complicated with IliveReader and , in any case , truly captivating ...  ;)

Thanks for your visit . :thumbsup:

Cédric .

Girafe

Fabulous as always,

the way you turn old and obsolete props into small jewels for a second life.

Your scenes are so realistic and could pic from the daily.

A crazy guinea fowl you make  ::)

Your lovely girafe
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kelis

Beautiful work as always Badsim, I like that small river, Looks so good !

Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||