• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLexible UnderPasses (FLUPs)

Started by Chrisim, December 25, 2008, 04:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carkid1998

;D ;D ;D Coool!! love the work!!!!

Where will these additional downloads be available???
Sendona... Coming soon!

allan_kuan1992

This forum is connected to an exchange... :D

And I believe you were asking more for a release date... and that... well... it'll be released when it's ready....

- Allan K

Youcefk69

Very good !

Will can we change the tunnels'type ?

Sciurus

It's a very good idea, but can do the same thing with tunnels in mountains?
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

gn_leugim

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on January 02, 2009, 11:29:06 PM
This forum is connected to an exchange... :D

And I believe you were asking more for a release date... and that... well... it'll be released when it's ready....

- Allan K

as NAM, as RHW, as TRAM.. and I could keep naming them ^^

allan_kuan1992

well in brief the main project is the NAM... then the subprojects are:

NWM
RHW (and subtypes)
NWM (and subtypes)
GLR + T-RAM
FLUPs
SAM

And 3RR hosts these as well:
RAM
FAR
FARR
Rural Roads

In the end... there aren't too many projects underway right now... The vast number of networks touched by NAM creators makes it look like so. $%Grinno$%

@ Chrisim: I have to agree... the canal must only be a metre deep. :D  Good progress on the FLUPs however =)

I wonder... do you have any pics of rail FLUPs? Or FLUPs of other networks?

- Allan Kuan

io_bg

The idea of those underpasses is great. &apls Too bad that you can't build anything above them &mmm (I hope someone will make some kind of overhanging parks or plazas)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

j-dub

I know with custom lotting, there are custom buildings as props that already exist that can hang over bounds to do this. The thing is, these FLUPs pieces are only 1x1. In the case of buildings, that's what regular draggable tunnels can be used for. They can be dragged under buildings, but only if enough land is allowed on each end before hand.

Allan, before Chrisim made the Avenue over FLUPs piece, I had to put a Avenue over Underground Rail/Road piece to get the road traffic to move underneath, somehow FLUPs allowed compatibility of car traffic to transfer to rail, then car again to proceed. I also put a rail FLUPs piece over another rail, despite this was in the road tab ring, trains seemed to be pathed the same underneath, because they still were using the line, despite the road network underneath. Does that answer your question about other networks?

Also, you do have both the choice of American and Euro tunnel entrances.

JoeST

Is it possible for you to add a draggable starter piece in, just for kicks and giggles :D

and also, Buddybud has said you can use his models for tunnels :)

joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

buddybud

Yep...perfectly fine by me. I can't offer models but you're welcome to use the props that already exist. Models eaten by angry computer...argh.

Bud

ps.... have you thought of making an entrance like this. Steal the idea if it's workable. I never did get to try to path it or see if would even function efficiently.

You know come to think of it Blahdy used to have copies of these models including the underpass. I've been pming with him and  i'll see if he still has copies. I'll check for myself regardless and let you know if your interested....

JoeST

those are awesome ideas, maybe your underground-but-open pieces could be use as "alternative" tops for the FLUP pieces?

j-dub

Want to here something funny, I have unreleased big dig gmax renderings in my documents. Anyway a 1x1 FLUPs style entrances from Buddybud's props is a good idea.

Also doing a puzzle piece of the ground highway ramp immediately to FLUPs is a great idea, especially if it can be both on and off. Although the ground highways in my cities have shoulders not the walls.

Until then, heres a quick FLUPs tease...

SimNation

I agree Buddybuds entrances should be used as well. I have been using them for ages and they are simply lovely both during the day and at night. Would add mor variety so the tunnel entrances as well.  :thumbsup:

buddybud

JoeST

z

Why not combine FLUPS with subways, such as they're used in the Big Dig?  All it would take would be one puzzle piece for the underground road to subway transition.  Then you would have the following new capabilities:

• Draggable tunnels (including underwater)
  • Diagonal tunnels
  • The ability to build on top of the subway portion of the tunnel
  • The ability to lay tunnels under existing buildings
  • Road tunnels that cross city boundaries
  • Less need for specialized crossing pieces
  • Arbitrarily intersecting tunnels where traffic can switch directions
  • Tunnels that cross each other without intersecting

And if a subway portion of a tunnel is about to cross a subway line, you can just switch to the underground road puzzle pieces for the crossing.  The new puzzle piece would also allow much more flexibility to Big Dig tunnels, as they could use this method to cross subway lines.

Since all of this would require the creation of just one new puzzle piece, it would be fairly simple to add it while leaving all the current capabilities intact.  That way, the current system could be used exclusively by those who want to do so.

shadd0w09

the one thing i would like to se add to flips is the big dig entrances that wouuld be good  &apls &apls :thumbsup:

j-dub

That type of thing is intended for the RHW, but not 3.0 though. We could be talking about RHW having big dig entrances, but based off RHW pieces, then turning into FLUPs. However FLUPs is two ways underneath, versus the RHW. Going underneath would need to have parallel pathing under the other networks, since the ramps entering and exiting would. This talk of that, could be a project way into the future.

z

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that what shad0w09 was saying was that my proposal would allow that now, which is true, and that he favored that.

Jonathan

z, doing that would require a lot with a transit switch as you would be converting cars into subway traffic, so you'd either still get busses turning into cars at the end of the subway, or not be able to have buses down the subway.

Jonathan