• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Wake up thread. :sleeping: %%Order?/  Time for your draggable breakfast! ;D

(No puzzle pieces involved here.)

I'm very bad at doing video stuff, but this one I think warrants a proper visual.

I've made the Tram On Street network fully draggable, since the currently available "clickable" method doesn't allow for a number of fine-tuning exercises which are primarily being pushed by Noah and his "Real Light Rail" project.

This just illustrates how it currently works. A single click with the light rail tool on any orthogonal or diagonal street tile will trigger the override. At intersections, there's no automatic continuation however, for obvious reasons, but an override gets triggered once you chose where to have the TOS continued. The tile with the question mark is just that; it asks where you want to continue the tram line. (This specific tile is necessary for technical reasons.)

https://www.youtube.com/v/nAwkbD8NNzY

Cheers
Willy

manga rivotra

Simply wonderful  ;D

Themistokles

Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Simcoug

That's so awesome!!   :popcorn:

compdude787

Wow, that's really cool!! It will sure save people a lot of time when building these networks!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Terring7

Nice :thumbsup:
I wonder if we can do the same for roads and avenues as well. Of course there will be plenty of different results in this case, so that would be a challenge.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

FrankU

Ouch, I hurt my bottom  :'( while falling off my chair. This is great!  &apls

Seaman

very nice and I asume, this will be a very useful and handy feature!   :thumbsup:

May I ask 2 questions:

- is the default Maxis street texture supported also?
- is a support for the (draggable) wide radius curves for streets intended (or even included yet)? I've seen these curves in a good use by mayors and can imagine a support would be highly appreciated.

Swordmaster

Thanks everyone.

Quote from: Terring7 on February 15, 2016, 02:02:06 AMNice :thumbsup:
I wonder if we can do the same for roads and avenues as well. Of course there will be plenty of different results in this case, so that would be a challenge.

I've started exploring TIR, coming up with a double-dragged diagonal setup (it's a tile wider than diagonal roads).

Quote from: Seaman on February 15, 2016, 08:51:34 AMvery nice and I asume, this will be a very useful and handy feature!   :thumbsup:

May I ask 2 questions:

- is the default Maxis street texture supported also?
- is a support for the (draggable) wide radius curves for streets intended (or even included yet)? I've seen these curves in a good use by mayors and can imagine a support would be highly appreciated.

1/ I personally am on the bandwagon of Noah's new specs for the network. However, it would be a nice idea, using his master textures, to include a set with the default street asphalt instead of the cobbles he currently uses. Let me mull that one.
2/ WRC Tram on street? Should be possible.

Cheers
Willy

gn_leugim

Now that's a nice "wake up thread"!  :popcorn:

romualdillo

I think I'm going to scream... *screams*  :bnn:

willyart

Happy to find the T-RAM dev thread!  T-RAM is definitely the mod I'm most excited about at the moment.

BTW I agree with the other poster re. tram-on-street, I'd like to have it with the default texture as well.