• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Releases

Started by Andreas, April 27, 2007, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

It's been a while since the last release since I was rather tied up with RL, but finally, I had some time to update and upload more SFBT files to the LEX... :)

SFBT Street Tree Mod by Andreas

When jeronij was showcasing his Streetside Mod, I fell in love with it immediately. However, it had some features that I didn't like that much, so I created a similar mod, but with a different focus. My main goal was to make the mod as modular as possible, that's why I compiled several tree prop families with various tree props by Cycledogg and Pegasus, as well as the original Maxis trees. You can either select one of the prop families, or use them together.

This mod was by far the most work-intensive I had created so far, and although I'd like to create a seasonal version one day, my free time didn't allow that until now. I haven't forgotten about the idea, though, so it might be created eventually some day. For the release at the LEX, I made a small update to the mod, though; I included a file that adds trees to the diagonal streets that you can create with the NAM (by drawing regular streets in a zig-zag pattern). It is based on an alpha mod that smoncrie once posted in a thread at ST, but which never got finished. So if you have that file, please delete it if you want to use the one that is contained in the SFBT Street Tree Mod.

SFBT Diagonal Filler Lots by T Wrecks

I already showcased the diagonal fillers in the "Upcoming SFBT BATs and lots" thread, so there's probably not much to tell about them. Actually, I wanted to upload these lots months ago, but I also wanted to wait until Cycledogg's Mega Prop Pack got uploaded to the LEX, so this release was a bit delayed - sorry about that.

Anyway, this set provides a solution for numerous occasions where a diagonal road or any diagonal development shows one of the downsides of the game - the square grid and the ugly jagged edges that come with this. There are more than 20 lots included that can be used with virtually any zone; however the set concentrates on agricultural and industrial zones in particular. It makes use of the huge resources of diagonal props in Cycledogg's and jestarr's prop packs, so you'll need those as a depencency.

Another key dependency is the SFBT Street Tree Mod (see above), since the type of trees that shows up on the lot depends on the tree prop file(s) that you have installed with the Street Tree Mod. The mod uses prop families, so two lots never look the same. T Wrecks also created an MML lot for this set, so it won't clog your park menu. If you want to place huge amounts of diagonal fillers, you can also move out the MML lot temporarily from your plugins folder without affecting the filler lots at all.

Andreas

rooker1

This is fantastic news.  What an awesome addition to the game.  I will be using these right away.  I think I will have any new develpoement in my cities for a while now.  I'll be too busy fixing diagonals that I don't like.

&apls &apls &apls

Thanks a lot
Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

DFire870

Great job! I've been waiting for the diagonal filler lots as in my region I have quite a few diagonals. I'm also glad to see the updated Street Tree Mod, as I am using it right now. Having trees on diagonals is a great addition.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

figui

i'll try this right now. i suppose there are no problem to replace the jeronij mod by this one? (in yet developed cities i mean)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Andreas

Yes, you can replace jeronij's mod with this one, just make sure to delete all files that are related to the mod, and after the installation, you have to click on all your streets with the street tool in order to make the trees from this mod appear.
Andreas

Gaston

Reading the comments at the download, it seems it is not compatable with SAM.      :'(    Have you looked at making it compatable.     I'm just now really getting into SAM and guess I'll just have to wait till I can use them together.    ()sad()

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Andreas

Well, you can still use the Street Tree Mod with the SAM installed, but obviously, there won't show up any trees on the streets that you create with the SAM starter puzzle pieces. An extension for the SAM would be nice, but it's a lot of work, and free time for modding is something that I don't really have at the moment.
Andreas

Gaston

Quote from: Andreas on September 24, 2007, 04:35:25 PM
Well, you can still use the Street Tree Mod with the SAM installed, but obviously, there won't show up any trees on the streets that you create with the SAM starter puzzle pieces.
Oh so it isn't a conflict.   One isn't gonna keep the other from working.    Well that's kool then.    That means yes to diagonal fillers.    ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

figui

highly recommended.
i just tryed this and must say they are very useful.

about the sam: i think jeronij has done some tests with his mod. maybe collaboration is possible ::)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..

________

Emperor Stormont

I am so looking forward to using the diagonal set, I use them alot in Atlantis and try to do what I can to cover the edges, and these would be just perfect so thank you for the work on them.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Diggis

SAM will eventually contain T21's for the streets, but we figured getting the textures done for them first is a priority.  Once each of the texture sets are done, then we will be moving on to T21's

Shadow Assassin

It should be possible, with the SAM textures, to refer to the same T21 exemplars that are already included in the street tree mod...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Diggis

Jeronij has already started on a streetside Mod of the SAM textures, not sure how he is going in it but there were pics in the SAM thread.

Andreas

The "Plattenbauten" (prefabricated buildings made out of concrete slabs) have become some sort of identification mark for the former German Democratic Republic (GDR, or Deutsche Demokratische Republik, DDR, in German). Built mainly in the 70s and 80s of the 20th century, they were intended to satisfy the immense demand for residential buildings that are affordable for everyone. Due to the prefabrication and a layout based on common blueprints, they could be erected in only a few days and in nearly every combination and height.

Both Ch. P. (BATs) and ArkenbergeJoe (lots) live near Berlin, Germany, so these "Plattenbauten" are a common sight in their area. The model that was chosen for the SFBT PreFabs is actually located in Ch. P.'s hometown Neuruppin. Many of them have been renovated and also attract medium-wealth occupants now, but since they were originally designed for the common worker, they were designated as R-$ in SimCity.

SFBT PreFab Lowrises by Ch. P. and ArkenbergeJoe

SFBT PreFab Midrises by Ch. P. and ArkenbergeJoe

SFBT PreFab Highrises 19 floors by Ch. P. and ArkenbergeJoe

SFBT PreFab Highrises 21 floors by Ch. P. and ArkenbergeJoe

EDIT: Pushed them back into the good ol' 20th century. ;)
Andreas

M4346

Great!  :thumbsup:

They have, however, not been CAMified yet, true?
New Horizons Productions

Serkanner

"Built mainly in the 70s and 80s of the 21st century,"

;D

Sorry I couldn't resist.

M4346

:D I didn't even catch that... wow! Great futuristic BATs from SFBT!  :thumbsup: :P
New Horizons Productions

Andreas

D'oh! Well, of course they were built in the 20th century, not in the future (do we already live in the future, considering that it's the 21st century? ;) ). Anyway, if someone wants to create some CAMpatible lots, please go ahead! :)
Andreas

Yoman

Probably my favorite set of Apartments ever.

figui

________