• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SSPTool

Started by Stefan79, January 19, 2009, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier with an in-depth description of my problem - RL has been rather intense recently.  But I just tried out your new version of SSPTool on one of the files that wasn't working for me, and now it works fine.  So it does seem like you found and fixed the problem.  Congratulations!  :thumbsup:

editfish

I'm still getting an error with BSC Parks Base Set (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=437):

Also Hittwice99's Industrial lots still aren't available to DAMN (as note by Jack_wilds).

Flo8472

Thanks for the new Version. They fix some Problems.

But i have the same error with BSC Parks Base Set as editfish and the SSP don't remove the Diggis Ponds Addon Set 2, too.
Greetings Flo8472
SimCityMultiplayer.com - Your World of SimCity Multiplayer!

TiFlo

That's weird, I've never had any problem with SG CAL sets nor any of the many BSC Parks sets I use. Either with older versions of the SSPTool/DAMN or the most recent one. And I don't recall modifying anything from the default installation config.

z

I've had no problems ever since I switched to the latest version of SSPTool.  So I decided to try out the BSC Base Parks Set, which I had successfully DAMNED using an earlier version of the tool.  This time the tool froze as soon as I selected the parks in the upper left pane - the little popup displayed in the middle counting up the files that it was going to display in the upper central pane, but it got stuck on the first one.  So this is definitely a regression.

Myself.or.?

Another two Lots that seem to cause the same Problem are: Bourke Street School by Mattb325 and April's Pride from CSX
The new SimCity4 Multiplayer. Interactive and in Multicolor.

http://www.simcitymultiplayer.com/forum.php
Join the Game NOW. Become a part of the Future.

Stefan79

Hi together,

I upload a new release of SSPTool 2.2.5 which fixes the bugs, so the metioned lots/sets can be damned.
If there any other lots/sets that cannot be damned with this new version, don't be afraid to tell me with download-link please.

Regards,
Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

editfish

Thanks Stefan-

It seems to be working well now!  Thank you!   :thumbsup:

turtle

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for this great tool.

I have a problem with it, though. A popup box with the text "Process finished" will randomly freeze the program. I suppose the box pops up when the program reads a folder - normally, it will disappear automatically, but from time to time it freezes the program.

Thanks again
Turtle
My name is Thomas...

Stefan79

Hi Turtle,

if the Process Window freeze, it normally means that an error occur which stops the processing.
If you start the program with the Batch (SSPTool.bat) there might be some error message about this. Take a screenshot as editfish in a previous post and send me.
Else look at the Log (Help-Log) and send me the log, so I can analyze whats the problem with which lot.

turtle

Hi Stefan,

Here is where it freezes. I can't get past the process window to go to the Log - the only way to do anything from here is to ctrl+alt+delete and shut down the program.

My name is Thomas...

Stefan79

Hi Turtle,

for this circumstances go to the Options Dialog of SSPTool and activate the "Debug To File" option as described in the UserGuide (Help-UserGuide). This will write the log to the file "temp/<CreateTime>.log" in the SSPTool folder. Then you can send me this file: mapsonswen@web.de and maybe I'll find the problem.
Does it the freeze always by the same lots/folder, then please give me the Download-Link to the lots, so I can test my program with these.

djp

Hi Stefen

Using the latest version of SSP, I seem unable to properly hide the DAMN-ed menu items from SC4's own menus. The DAMN menu items all work fine, but they also appear in the main menu, DAT-packed or not.

I am using the default settings. The question now is: What happens if I switch to the "Modify the original exemplar" option? Will this also affect those items already in the DAMN system, or only newly added entries. Moreover, if an entry is removed from the DAMN Menu  system via SSP, is the exemplar modified again to its original state?"

I am dying to find out – because if I cannot hide the originals then the entire DAMN system is less useful to me.

Thanks for your help

David

Stefan79

Hi David,

at the moment SSP/DAMN is only able to hide lots from the regular SimCity menu. For this it can uses two ways:
1) It creates a duplicate from the SC4-Exemplar Entry, remove the right Property and save this into the zzz_Remove folder.
2) It modify the original lot by adding a LTEXT entry with the information about the property, remove the right property and save this over the original file.
If you switch the hiding method ("Modify the original exemplar") this will only affect the newly damned items.
These two ways allows to undone/unhide the hiding by either remove the corresponding file in the zzz_Remove folder or add the property from the LTEXT and remove the LTEXT inside the original lot.
Of course you can remove a DAMN Menu in the SSP/DAMN but this will not undone the hiding. But you can do this from the button DAMN Extras in the DAMN Plugin.
For further release I will try to implement this function into the SSP/DAMN when you simply remove an item from the DAMN Menu.

For your problem: Are all lots affected or are there some special? Perhaps you can send me the download link of these lots and I can test them. Do you have the zzz_Remove folder inside your Plugin folder and is it filled with the damned lots? And you need Administrator rights or the right permission to the SimCity folders to properly hide the menus.

Stefan

djp

Thanks Stefen

Quote from: Stefan79 on October 25, 2010, 11:35:15 PM
For your problem:
Are all lots affected or are there some special? All Lots!
Perhaps you can send me the download link of these lots and I can test them. Too Numerous
Do you have the zzz_Remove folder inside your Plugin folder and is it filled with the damned lots? Yes
And you need Administrator rights or the right permission to the SimCity folders to properly hide the menus. System Administrator

Stefan

All the entries are still in the SC4 menus, even when I specifically click the Hide selected button. And SPP really should be taking care of restoring items, LTEXT or not, since not everyone can manage using the Reader on hundreds of DAMN-ed lots.

Setting DAMN to use the news ticker results in an odd behaviour: after each and every placement of a lot using the DAMN menu, the cursor retains whatever the last placed lot was, and the DAMN menu becomes inactive and requires closing and reopening to select the next lot.

Any more advice would be appreciated

David

z

Quote from: djp on October 26, 2010, 10:43:36 AM
Setting DAMN to use the news ticker results in an odd behaviour: after each and every placement of a lot using the DAMN menu, the cursor retains whatever the last placed lot was, and the DAMN menu becomes inactive and requires closing and reopening to select the next lot.

Using DAMN with the news ticker does work slightly differently than using it without.  For best results, you need to have the game stopped when you use it in this mode.  Then you can select a single lot and plop it as many times as you want.  The menu does get grayed out, but simply clicking on "Open Additional Submenus" at the bottom is sufficient to re-enable it in order to select another lot.

H2Odk

I just installed the SSPTool (2.25) & Damn plugin (2.0.9). I wanted to understand how it worked so I tried looking through the default installed menus I installed (Jeronij Walls and Simgoober Canals).

I can not open the Jeronij New Walls Set 3, it stalls on Entry: 5/18

Have the same problem with all RTMT menus I have installed.

Tried on both Win7 64bit and XP 32 bit, Java on both is the latest (1.6.0_22-b04) 32bit

All the menus work in the game.

EDIT:
After looking at the RTMT menu DATs, I suspect the reason the plugin fails to load them is the extra "RTMT root" menu.

I can however not find anything wrong with the Jeronij New Walls Set 3 DAT.

I have also noticed that the plugin doesn't convert any data in LOT's LTEXT files.. eg. "Passenger Capacity: #d:4aa60ebc#", this would be helpful. I would have looked at the java code (not that I know any java), but I failed to find/get it from sourceforge.

Quote from: z on October 26, 2010, 01:48:20 PM
Using DAMN with the news ticker does work slightly differently than using it without.  For best results, you need to have the game stopped when you use it in this mode.  Then you can select a single lot and plop it as many times as you want.  The menu does get grayed out, but simply clicking on "Open Additional Submenus" at the bottom is sufficient to re-enable it in order to select another lot.
I have edited the LUA code so that it get re-enabled automatically when you plop items... the only time it gets grayed out is when the "close" button on the item pop-up is pressed... or it isn't used for a long time (2000 days)

$ Dj D.P.E. $

Ok I got this to work but when I open DAMN in game I get no menus :( it just opens a box with the home back and I guess help icon but nothing else can someone help please and thank you

gazac48

Hi Stefan
your Damn Manager is great, just a few things I use cut/copy & past a lot with the right mouse, when making a menu I copy the name from MS File-Explorer (would be great it you could copy the dir name from you Plugin folder) then click new folder, I then have to go to my keyboard to past with Ctrl+V would be a lot better to use the right button to past in one go.

so what I'm saying is
1. pick plugin from Damn Manager, right click copy name for the folder.
2. go to Damn Menu Folder, click new, then right click & past name for Damn Menu Folder
-------
One other thing,

After making some Damn menus I find that the game menus get small, that is great, but to make the game better it would be good to rearranging user game menus to make all the lots stay together

It would be good to have a new plugin to SSPTool to read the game user plugins & show the game menu with user plugins (any lots in DAMN menu may need to be hidden I think) with a option to change the Item Order in the game menu, all that would be needed is to change the Item Order in the exemplar this could be done the same way you do it in Damn Manager with Arrows.

Hope this could be done as for now I have to open up each lot in reader to set the order.

One other thing SSPTool will not work with 64bit Java, this could be why some are not getting it to work...
Gaza
Gaza

Kultag

Topic revived.

I had the same error message as was mentioned in some earlier posts here:
NOT_IN_TEXT_DATABASE_dae1e774
and the DAMN did not work at all in-game.

This happened after I reinstalled the DAMN is SSP with a different configuration (without doing any modifications to the menus themselves, about a 1000 icons installed). When I installed it again with the original specifications, it worked just as before.

The working specs were:
News Ticker, 4x400 columns, 1000 high, 200 items max, reduce: yes, default menu: no.

What didn't work:
News Ticker, 5x350 columns, 1000 high, 500 items max, reduce: yes, default menu: no.

After it regained operability I tried to implement some of the things I wanted to change. With columns reconfigured to 5x350 (with 200 icons max) it worked, while keeping the 4x400 configuration but with max 500 icons per folder, it didn't.

So without a thorough test it seems that while you can reinstall an already done DAMN menu with different number and width columns (making these practically options), you cannot change the max number of icons per folder.