• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SSPTool

Started by Stefan79, January 19, 2009, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: usfwoody on August 21, 2010, 07:48:39 PM
I think what the problem might be is that in SOMY's lot files, he may have used characters that are not compatible with English users, as there are a number of ##### in each file name.  I believe this to be the issue.  Perhaps someone has run into this and has a work around?

If this is the problem, then a simple edit with the reader should solve it.

The file names them selves can be changed in windows with no issue, however.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

usfwoody

@Rady,

It is a simple matter to use ilives reader to change the description of the lot, which will then carry over into DAMN (I think, I haven't really thought about it).  Let me know if you aren't very familiar with ilives reader and I will help you.  I am a modding n e w b (even to say n e w b is giving me too much credit) and while it took me a while to learn, I can help you now.  Its the least I can do, since I've leeched all the hard work and effort others like Stefan79 have put into modding.

usfwoody

@RebaLynnTS,

I get that windows explorer will allow me to change the file name, but is it as simple as that? Can I change: ITS_233_CommercialRoad_Grow-0x6534284a-0xf33d19b0-0x333e33c2.SC4Desc to "tallbuilding.SC4Desc?"

z

Certainly.  The Windows file names aren't used by the game, although the extension may affect loading order.

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: usfwoody on August 22, 2010, 03:03:45 PM
@RebaLynnTS,

I get that windows explorer will allow me to change the file name, but is it as simple as that? Can I change: ITS_233_CommercialRoad_Grow-0x6534284a-0xf33d19b0-0x333e33c2.SC4Desc to "tallbuilding.SC4Desc?"

You could even change it to tallbuilding.dat, but as z pointed out, the extension will effect the order it is loaded.
Becca

Rady

Quote from: usfwoody on August 22, 2010, 03:00:24 PM
@Rady,

It is a simple matter to use ilives reader to change the description of the lot, which will then carry over into DAMN (I think, I haven't really thought about it).  Let me know if you aren't very familiar with ilives reader and I will help you.  I am a modding n e w b (even to say n e w b is giving me too much credit) and while it took me a while to learn, I can help you now.  Its the least I can do, since I've leeched all the hard work and effort others like Stefan79 have put into modding.

Thanks for offering help, usfwoody!

Well, I'm somewhat used to the Reader (at least as far as changing item descriptions is concerened, but knowledge of the Reader ends shortly after that ..  :P  )

I just thought that this has been possible in the previous SSPtool version ... but possibly I'm wrong ... Stefan sure will shed a light on that ...
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

editfish

Quote from: TiFlo on August 22, 2010, 01:14:01 PM
I've encountered the same problem with SOMY lots, but have never managed to find a solution.

What operating system are you running?  I am using Vista, and Somy's (and other japanese BATs) seem to work fine for me.  I do note however that I would like to be able to edit the decriptions as mentioned in the previous post.   

TiFlo

@ editfish,

I had the problem with XP, and now have it with 7. The thing is that some of them I could get to be DAMNed, but they would still appear in the regular menus despite being processed as hidden like the rest of my DAMNed files.

Stefan79

Hi together,

some things done:
- I've upload a minor update to SSPTool 2.2.1 with a completed User's Guide.
- I've found the bug not applying the changes (not only description) to the DAMN item
others will follow soon:
- I'll check SOMY lots for their work with SSPTool-DAMN; can anyone give me a link to the files they don't work or send me the files?
- I'll add the User's Guide to SSPTool-DAMN
- I'll upload the new version of SSPTool-DAMN to the LEX

Regards,
Stefan
SSP = Stefan's Self-made Productions

TiFlo

On my end, anything from P7 to P9 that is boat / harbour related.
When trying to read the files with the DAMN, the program will always hang at some point, apparently stuck on one file or another. When clicking "cancel" (or closing it, I don't remember) in the window that displays the files processing, some files can still show up in the upper DAMN window and be DAMNed like any other. They will, however, not be hidden whatsoever from the in game menu despite the option being checked.

Thank you for looking into this.  :)

usfwoody

@TiFlo, @Stefan79

I hope I am not beating this SOMY issue to death, but I felt I should add a little info in case its useful.

I thought the issue was in the lot names, since some where fkbgsdag########.  Well, changing them did nothing so I now presume its something in the file itself that is fighting SSPTool.

Unfortunately I am at work, so I cant provide files.  (plus I changed the names, so it would be difficult to compare  :-[

Stefan79

@Users, who use SOMY lots:

I found the problem in the SOMY files, why SSPTool-DAMN can not handle them. Its not because of the Japanese language (SOMY lots doesn't support alternate languages).
It goes to deep to explain this, but I have fixed it and will release a new SSPTool and SSPTool-DAMN version after some tests.

@all
I'll change some things in my DBPF4J library, so if you use it, the next release 1.9.x will have some major changes inspired by MutantPlatypus - thank you!

Stefan79

Hi together,

I've uploaded an updated version of SSPTool (2.2.2) and plugin SSPTool-DAMN (2.0.8). You need both updates.
Now it supports SOMY lots and includes a UserGuide (not finally finished but with Demo DAMNing). Thanks to SimPEG for creating it.

Regards,
Stefan

RebaLynnTS

Becca

TiFlo

Great, thanks a bunch!

editfish

Awesome, I will apply the update.  I've noticed a few other minor issues, but will see if the update corrects them.  Thanks!   &apls &apls

editfish

This version works much better with the non-English BATs. 

One minor irritation is that the menu 'grays out' if I don't select fast enough, and I have to close and reopen the news window to select.  Also, after I make a selection, I can use just that one lot.  Subsequent lots necessitate closing and reopening the news window again.  Lastly, some lots can be placed multiple times, until deselected.  Others, however, only allow one placement and I have to once again close and reopen the news window.

I love the organization of it but it can get pretty frustrating.

I am running Windows Vista, and this is the only problem I seem to be having with the DAMN/SSPTool.

usfwoody

Stefan79,  I seem to be having trouble installing the latest version of SSPTool.  What I have done is extract the files to my current folder that had the older SSPTool files.  I installed the new plugin but I am now having issues with some bats that I had previously created DAMN menus with.  SOMY lots work just fine, but I seem to get the same issue with files that were fine before the release.  Can you tell me how to properly install the new SSPTool application?   Thanks!

Stefan79

@editfish:
If you use the News-Ticker for the DAMN Menu, then use the DAMN Installer and choose the NewsTicker option to install the DAMN.
This should prevent the grays-out of the menu, but I'm not really sure, if using the News-Ticker only works when the game paused.

@usfwoody:
If you had previously created DAMN Menus they shouldn't be affected by the new version. What are the problems with these, or are they when you create a new DAMN Menu?
For installation its good to remove the old SSPTool and extract the ZIP file to prevent conflicts with older version, but for this update it should be enough to remove the data folder in the SSPTool folder.

z

Quote from: Stefan79 on September 01, 2010, 11:35:48 AM
This should prevent the grays-out of the menu, but I'm not really sure, if using the News-Ticker only works when the game paused.

Yes, the game must be paused to use the News Window option for DAMN.  Otherwise, everything gets grayed out almost immediately.  In practice, I haven't found this to be a problem, as I find it a lot easier to  have the game paused when I'm plopping things.