• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cap Relief

Started by Kitsune, April 25, 2011, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

so what do I use to create something that will give me mega-cap relief? My farm cap is sitting at 100% and I still have 160 sq km to grow.
~ NAM Team Member

Lowkee33

Quote from: Kitsune on April 25, 2011, 03:22:57 PMI still have 160 sq km to grow.

Thats not enough farms.  $%Grinno$%

RippleJet's Census Repository gives 20,000 (?) Cap Relief.  This amount is set in the building exemplar, and by all means, could be much larger for a plop that you make.

Making neighbor connections also gives cap relief, though each additional connection creates less.  My memory of the strategy guide (which was awesome pre-deluxe days) has me thinking that each different city that is connected to starts the the diminishing returns again:

A road connection from city A to city B provides 10,000 relief.  The next connection provides, say 5,000 and the next 2,500.  However, at this point if you were to connect city A to city C, this would provide 10,000 cap relief.  SimNation is always the same city, so it's best to become mayor of all of the surrounding cities too.

(man I wish I had that guide, ordered it on Amazon for $5, but it never came.  Everything in there is pretty obsolete, but still... That guide was with me though some rough mid teens to mid 20s)

Kitsune

I started fiddling around with Ilives reader (hello hex... long time no see)... modified the cap hit in the census repository (that took some digging and the tutorial really helped), and I think it worked? One tile is saying the cap hit is 100%, but this tile has mixed res/com/industrial... while another tile loaded with farms is stating 0%. So... I guess now I have to run a tile to see if it worked.
~ NAM Team Member

Lowkee33

I thought cap was a per tile thing.

Kitsune

it is - I tried another tile and viola... cap issue gone. I upped it to about 3.2m with the census repository...   ;D Only thing is I forgot to set affinity to 1 core and I got a CTD when attempting to overview all my new farms  :angrymore: And yes... I've done ample testing and I'm 99.9% sure thats the issue.
~ NAM Team Member

RippleJet

Quote from: Lowkee33 on April 25, 2011, 07:46:32 PM
RippleJet's Census Repository gives 20,000 (?) Cap Relief.

The Census Repository Vault gives an IR CAP relief of 30,000. ;)

Quote from: Kitsune on April 26, 2011, 04:02:12 PM
modified the cap hit in the census repository (that took some digging and the tutorial really helped), and I think it worked?

Just for the record, I assume this is the tutorial you're referring to? :)

Kitsune

Quote from: RippleJet on April 27, 2011, 09:24:10 AM

Just for the record, I assume this is the tutorial you're referring to? :)

Yep thats the one - it helped considerably once I figured out ilives again (I hadnt used it in about 3-4 years... heh, its changed a bit)
~ NAM Team Member