• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

EurotexturMod based by SFBT 2010....

Started by Schimada, April 24, 2017, 08:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schimada

Quote from: druidlove on April 27, 2017, 09:09:31 AM
Quote from: Andreas on April 27, 2017, 04:14:28 AM
@Schimada: Ahh, I think I know what you mean with the road turning lanes. Those don't appear automatically anymore (when the Road Turning Lanes Plugin is installed), but you have to "activate" them with a click on the center tile (Was it with the railroad tool? - I can't remember, it's been too long since I used them :D). Without clicking, a regular intersection without turning lanes shows up.
You're right, clicking the center with the one-way road tool would do it. However, it sounds like this might be obsolete when the new NAM comes out (hoping sooner than later  :D )

I know... find a Video of Youtube  thans^^

Schimada

The Fixet for the AvenueViaductdat i failed..
I dint know why. In FSHgo shows it in the right
Questin. When i do a Textur for Avenue too i need 2 tiles?

mgb204

Quote from: Schimada on April 27, 2017, 11:00:23 AM

The small repository I uploaded can be used in one of two ways. Either you can load the BMPs directly, converting them to FSH files. You must then manually add those FSH files to a DAT using FSHxDAT.

Otherwise, you can just use the Run Script function, direct it to the file "Build Road Viaducts.txt" and GoFSH will create a DAT containing all the textures from the repository. Optionally it will allow you to select a custom sidewalk to add to the textures if you want.

Both functions are explained in depth in the user manual. One small note, you should re-download and use the newly attached version, since I realised the original file wouldn't run without errors otherwise. (Basically it points to a folder that you probably won't have).

Schimada

Quote from: mgb204 on April 27, 2017, 05:03:10 PM
Quote from: Schimada on April 27, 2017, 11:00:23 AM

The small repository I uploaded can be used in one of two ways. Either you can load the BMPs directly, converting them to FSH files. You must then manually add those FSH files to a DAT using FSHxDAT.

Otherwise, you can just use the Run Script function, direct it to the file "Build Road Viaducts.txt" and GoFSH will create a DAT containing all the textures from the repository. Optionally it will allow you to select a custom sidewalk to add to the textures if you want.

Both functions are explained in depth in the user manual. One small note, you should re-download and use the newly attached version, since I realised the original file wouldn't run without errors otherwise. (Basically it points to a folder that you probably won't have).

Thx. You means redownload the Viadukt zip or gofsh?

mgb204

Schimada

Well, i used the script Method. The script has works fine. But It fixed not.
I send you an PM

mgb204

The .dat file it creates contains the new textures. To see them in game, you must load them after the z___NAM folder. Add them to a folder named z____NAM Override (that's 4 underscores), then you should see a change.

Schimada

Quote from: mgb204 on April 28, 2017, 06:11:47 AM
The .dat file it creates contains the new textures. To see them in game, you must load them after the z___NAM folder. Add them to a folder named z____NAM Override (that's 4 underscores), then you should see a change.

No Change. I create a folder named z____NAM Override an put the DAT into it. This Folder i put it in Folder Plugin... No Change
I put it in the z___NAM also no change. Named the DAT z___.... same one.
Hmm i don't know why its not work

Schimada

Ok. I do another one all. But nothing fixed it. :(

Schimada

The Avenue Viadukt failed ist fixed... thx mgb

And atn its show in Photoshop... more by pm

Now i can really start at work for Retexturing RHW. My Plan is, ALL RHW Textures changed in correctly same Colours.
Its Based on the fantastic Work from Mandelsoft. I know its verry verry much work. And i hope in the future i can help the NAM Team for Texturing RHW/NWM/ etc.. hopefully...

mgb204

Firstly it's good to hear that these scripts work with PS CS2, which you can obtain for free legally (search Google). Whilst not as powerful as some newer versions, I prefer it hugely over GIMP myself. One of the reasons being that PS Actions allow a huge amount of automation to be set up very easily by "recording" commands.

As I said in PM, all you must do is open a US-style RHW texture, select the action you want to run "Euro RHW" and click the play button. It will then process the texture and save it automatically. The output should be a perfect match for the EU-style RHW. Once you've got the hang of that, using the "Automate / Batch" option from the File menu, will allow you to run this script on entire folders in one go too. It's a very powerful tool.

I should point out though, this converts US RHW textures to the new EU standard based on NAM 33. This is not Mandelsoft's texture style, there is no simple way to automate that change. You'd have to literally re-make every missing texture by hand. That's why we changed the EU RHW textures in the first place. Because the only way to continue supporting them was to have a quick/dirty tool such as we do now. That way when new content was added, the US textures are just run through the automated script and we get the EU versions without any large additional workload. It was pretty much that or no EU texture support at all, so very much the best solution.

Schimada

With the new Textur by NAM 33 is not a problem.
Ok Now i testet it.. thx

Schimada

In the picture we will see 2 differents colours. The Highway litle bit darker as the turn lanes.
The turnlanes= Mandelsoft texturstyle?
The Highway= NAM 33 Eurostyle?

mgb204

I don't think the difference is down to the existence of the old RHW textures. Generally speaking Mandelsoft's were a completely different colour scheme and the lanes wouldn't match up either (different widths).

Most likely, this same colour shift exists with the US textures, so when you automate the EU ones, the colour shift is "copied" to your textures. The only solution is to manually correct the affected textures. In my experience this is reasonably common and not unique to RHW either. See one of the problems with multiple people working on the same textures is that they don't always work to an exacting set of specifications. I have made numerous such changes to unify the base EU textures (non-RHW), for precisely this same reason.

Schimada

Quote from: mgb204 on April 30, 2017, 05:52:00 AM
I don't think the difference is down to the existence of the old RHW textures. Generally speaking Mandelsoft's were a completely different colour scheme and the lanes wouldn't match up either (different widths).

Most likely, this same colour shift exists with the US textures, so when you automate the EU ones, the colour shift is "copied" to your textures. The only solution is to manually correct the affected textures. In my experience this is reasonably common and not unique to RHW either. See one of the problems with multiple people working on the same textures is that they don't always work to an exacting set of specifications. I have made numerous such changes to unify the base EU textures (non-RHW), for precisely this same reason.

The US Textur have the same colour as Mandelsofts but Widht transitions have sometimes the Yellow lines .
I think L1 RHW textures are the NAM 33 Textures. I am right with it?
My  question is What the NAM Teams will have for all?  Im think the NAM 33 Textures. This are littel more oliver (Colour)

Schimada

I think, because im sure, For now, NAM use only the Textures for RHW from the NAM 33...
And i works now only with this. This means all the Mandelsoft textures will be overwright with NAM 33 Textures. For Example,the same textures thats L1 was createt. Is this the way for the future?

Schimada

Uptades what I done...

In the Screenshots can we see, RHW have a lots of differently Colours. First pictures is the" Volleyballintersection" Typ1. Near by The starter from RHW-6 (you can see same colours   ;D) In the outer picture we can see the Differently Colours.
Now the Typ 1 its a little bit darker an greener ( same colour as L1,L2,L3 transition Textures) This will be the Maincolour for all RHW's.
I started primär today to retextures RHW-2. (These an many more has the Mandelsoft textures)
Pictures will follow...

Schimada

Hy Guys. ...

I (We) have a problem. It's not so easy to change a Eurotextur complete for NAM 35. The Reason is, the US Textur for NAM is not overall the same.  And this makes it very havy to create a Eurotextur. There is only two chance to fix it. 
We over work the Us Textur too changed  all in a same Textur,  and then create the European Textur. But this is a mega big work. Or, we changed only the yelowlines to European.  But this looks not perfect.
What means the NAM Team?