• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Love that you're cranking these out at such a high pace, Nick. Very high quality lots and BATs. I especially like the contemporary industrial buildings, there can never be enough of those :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Simmer2

Thank you Casper!

Next one in line.....

SM2 GE Solar Power Plant

Another solar power plant. This one instead of being modular, is pre assembled.

For those of you that don't want to waste time with assemblies but still want a realistic solar power plant, this is your answer. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3660

Lot list has been amended.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Nice! Thank you very much! This compact little lot will be very usefull... Go for clean energy! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thanks again Tibi.

Sejr99999 has brought something to my attention and I would like to share it with the community.

Apparently my new Cell tower (SM2 Old Cellular and TV Tower) has a peculiar glitch on zoom4 eastward. When you orient to that side the model literally disappears.

So I re-rendered the model 5 times while changing several parameters but it always show that glitch at zoom 4.

I even ungrouped  all elements of the model to see if I may have grouped a handle camera by mistake. Nope that did not do.

So I removed the structure that makes up the tower support and replaced it with something less complex while leaving the repeaters intact. Guess what? It works.

In conclusion I think either the materials or the way the triangles made up the structure was somehow tampering with the render. What is perplexing is the fact that only one fsh out of all 20 was effected. I find that very odd.

Anyways, I just created a new Antenna and because I had included the old model in SM2 Mega Prop Pack Vol2, I'm releasing a new lot which will include the single model.

Im not locking the old lot simply because the game is not effected in anyway by it. You can either keep it or shred it, your choice.

You will find it here SM2 Old Cell and TV Repeater Tower http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3662

Here are a few pics with the new and improved tower.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

paddy0174

Hi there!

I'm sorry for asking, but I cannot figure out, what I'm missing on your Intermodal Terminal. I started a little download session last night, and installed nearly everything from you regarding rail, a little over 200MB  ;D ;D ;D

Everything worked fine, just this one part of the Intermodal Terminal, it's the S5, Upper Middle. I looked on the Lots in the LE, but right where the boxes appear, it says "un-named"... I suspected the "JES autumn leaves", but after triple checking, I seem to have all JES Prop Packs (JES01, jestarr02, JES03 to JES09).

Can you point me in the right direction where to look? I made a pic, this is the same S5-Lot just plopped three times. That's why I was thinking in the direction of some flora....

Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Simmer2

Hello paddy0174

It looks like you are missing http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2945

Also make sure this file, SM2_ITM_Families.dat is in the SM2 folder.

Let me know

Simmer2

paddy0174

Thanks a lot, you got your finger right at it!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TBH the feather grass was also missing, and I could have sworn, that I had all of the wonderful girafe flora installed... *oops*

Thank you, works like a charm and looks  &apls :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:  &apls
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Simmer2

Taking a break from uploading my library...

In the pipelines. Note the pickup truck, it is there for size comparison.

Still very much WIP

SM2 Tetradyne Data Center

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!

Well, this is an interesting design! It looks fantastic! I like it! :)
Keep up the good work! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Simmer2

SM2 Pacific Freight Ltd is now in operation...here  http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3666
'

Lot list has been amended.

Simmer2

Ramona Brie

That data center gives me a GCHQ vibe...

Simmer2

Thanks Tracker

Well here it is...the BIG one! SM2 Abandoned Rail Yard http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3668
'
I changed a few things so here are a few new pics. There are so many details on this lot that I could take 30 pics and still not cover them all. Have fun discovering them.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Thanks Man!
It's beautiful and huge! So many details to discover on this lot!

- Tyberius

manga rivotra

Thank you for this superb masterpiece!  :thumbsup:
Cellular antennas are very useful too and perfectly reproduced.

Remarkable work as always.  &apls &apls &apls

Simmer2

Thank you Tibi and Manga Rivotra

The long awaited SM2 Fuel Terminal is finally here. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3670
It took many months to make all the pieces and it paid off. I made the entire lot with my props and nothing else. This entire 17X11 lot only needs 3 dependencies!
And off course it includes a custom made base texture.

I changed a few things since last time I posted pics therefore I'm going to drop several last pics here.

Start filling yer cars ;)

Simmer2

Kitsune

It finally arrived !! woohoo !
~ NAM Team Member

noahclem

That's some beautiful work on the fuel terminal  &apls &apls  Love both the models and lot! Are any of those lots designed for airports? I've been interested in creating something like that but so far not really gotten anything I'm happy with. Love the freight stations and quite curious about the data center!

Simmer2

Thank you!

A little update on SM2 Tetradyne data center Still WIP

Simmer2

tomvsotis

ok i just found your lot list after a bit of a SC4 break and IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS IN SEPTEMBER!  :bnn:  &apls  &hlp  :D

Simmer2

Thanks Tom

Preliminary lot  ;)

Simmer2