• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TTC's Challenge 6 - Time to relax on unspoilt beaches.

Started by TheTeaCat, June 22, 2009, 04:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

challenge follows below
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

TheTeaCat

These are my pics for the challenge.
My apologies for lack of background info relating to the pics due to recent events.
If time permits before the closing time I shall edit it in.

"Smythe.... GET IN HERE NOW"
"You screamed sir?"
"The conflict its over but we got a bigger problem!"
"Excuse me Sir but what's bigger than the re-union of the region?"
"Smythe ... go put the kettle on, make a cuppa for yourself while you at it and I'll explain ok?"

"Ahhh your tea brewing skills have improved Smythe, Excellent cuppa dear boy.
Now the problem is .... the Governor and his beautiful wife along with all the other mayors
are coming to stay on holiday. At the Beach."
"but... we don't have a beach Sir"
"Exactly Smythe and whats more it has to be "Heavenly Perfect" and...."
"And?"
"And.... Accommodation. And......"
"There's more Sir?"
"Yes...A Restaurant also!"
"So let me get this straight Sir. A heavenly perfect beach,they want that kind of a hotel to spend their nights in and feel like they're in paradise and a top notch restaurant the kind that you want to go there for every meal in your life, if you had the financial ability to do so. Not much then eh?"
.{smythe receives a withering look}
"Well then boy don't let Me hold you up, seems to me you don't have too much to do."

"Smythe, would you come in please?"
"Sir?"
"How are things progressing?"
"Well, we have removed the fences and military style buildings in Esperance and built them a nice
little building for them so they can still check papers etc in relative comfort now, added in a little statue
too and hope to turn the rest of that island into a park. Everyone's happy with that Sir."
"Excellent job dear boy. I like it. Lets hope the Governor does too eh?"
"Thank you Sir."
Challenge 6 Part 1

Recently built building for the administration duties of border control in the southern region

"Now then, what about the rest?"

"Let me go get some pictures and I make a cuppa too. If you'd like one Sir?"
"Wonderful. I look forward to both."
"Here we go Sir. A nice fresh cuppa and this overview pic in zoom2 of Kingsoake (tile K)"
Challenge 6 Part2

"Ok Smythe, this is some sort of joke? Yes?
This is a postcard that you've written on. Isn't it? Some clever photoshopping right?"
"No Sir, this is what we built."
"Really?"
"Yes. Is it ok?"
.."Yes. Its perfect. Got any closeups?
"Yes Sir, This one shows the Governor's private beach and residence along with the hotel that the mayors
shall stay in"

"Private beach, I like it. but how do you get to it?"
"Well Sir. There's an old smugglers tunnel hidden in the rock face that leads to the Chateau and then to the
hotel up on the hill. "you see Sir, the hotel used to be a Monastery but all the monks got killed by raiders a long time ago and the place fell into disrepair. The Chateau above it was the Bishops home and he was killed in the same raid. Well I restored them to their former glory (with all the mod cons too).
While we doing the renovations , we found two tunnels."
"Amazing, do go on"
"One from the hotel to the Chateau and then we found the seperate one from the Chateau.
It ended up on that beach which is inaccessible from the road.
Here this is it"

The Governor's Private Beach

"That's ummm whats the word "Heavenly perfect" but what about the noise from the traffic above?"
"Well we thought of that too Sir, a rigorously enforced average speed of 10 mph.
We say it so you can enjoy the view of the coastal road safely"
"Clever Smythe , very clever."

"This one shows the accommodation in close up"

Challenge 6 Part 3

"we renamed the monastery to The Challenge Hotel.
48 private suites with the very latest mod cons.
The Governor's private suite and your "beach house" Sir."
"Well Done lad."

"This one Sir shows..

the lovely coastal walk, perfect for a summer evening stroll into town watching the sun go down."
"Nice work smythe I'm impressed with what you acomplished so far. There's more I take it?"

"yes the foody places

"We built the Deucalion the first 7* restaurant. Its supposed to represent a sail on a ship.
"The food gets pricier the higher up in the building you eat.Most people can't even afford to eat
on the first floor so if you going to go Sir fill your wallet up before you go. I'd suggest you take a spare one too."

Challenge 6 Part 4

The Deucalion 7* Restaurant where the Governor can host his formal Dinner

"Also on the Island is The Old Lighthouse 5*Restaurant and St. David's Hotel,
both places are a gastronomic 's delight."

"And Finally Sir, the region view untainted in any way"
Challenge 6 Part 5

"Well then Sir, do you like it?"
"Marvelous job Smythe. Tell you what Son,
Take a week off, stay in my place, go have a meal on the top floor and send the bill to me.
You've earned it. Now lets hope the Governor likes it eh lad?"
"Smythe?"
"Smythe?"
" ..... boy that lad can move fast"

:satisfied:
TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

jmyers2043

I like what you did with the peninsula in the part 2 especially the closeups. The governor's beach is a good idea and it was executed well. The rock mod looks super. The pictures remind me of a European travel poster.

The old light house restaurant? Why can't I think of things like that.  :'( 

Good Luck – And it's good to see you back.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Soulchaser, Jim,

Thanks. Its just a little something I threw together ::)
( about 20 times before I was happy. the 'dozer crew didn't know what hit them
but they got lots of O/T for it so they didn't complain too much :D)

ps Updated the challenge post with storyline :thumbsup:

Derry

rooker1

Hey Derry,

Fantastic pictures. 
Your choice of rock modd is excellent and I love the shore line and all the details.
Seeyou around my friend,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

Absolutely fabulous presentation as usual, Derry. The beaches are especially enticing, although the entire layout fairly screams "LUXURY!" :) And of course that ongoing story of yours always brings a smile.

So glad to see you back in fine form again...

Joan

zzsteven

I like the layout of the hotel and chateau's and the beach looks great. Am really enjoying the story line too.

zz

Pat

Derry you are soo the MASTER!!! Stunning job here on Challenge 6 and I soo love your beaches, St Davids and the Lighthouse Restaurant....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

soulchaser

Hi TTC,
here's my opinion on your Ch. 6:

1. Bordercrossing: That's what most of the "Toll"-Checkoints are missing: a second building. But the Garden is a bit too much again ;) 4 Pts.
2. Beach: Great scenery, but it's private...I want to go there, too. :) 4 Pts.
3. Hotel: The kind of hotel, you took, is ok, if it's far away from everywhere but nature. I'd stay there.  5 Pts.
4. Restaurant: For the restaurant, I decided to judge the first one mentioned. I'm not sure how to behave in a 7* restaurant, also I wouldn't want to pay these prices. 3 Pts.

That's a total of 16 Points.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

turtle

Hello TTC

Here's my judgement:

1. Bordercrossing: Simple and sufficient. I think the park is fitting 4 points

2. Beach: Beautifully detailed. 5 points

3. Hotel: Well chosen and arranged. 4 points

4. Restaurant: It's a strange building, and a bit too far from the challenge hotels. 3 points

This gives a total of 16 points
My name is Thomas...

BarbyW

My points:

1. Border crossing - good border crossing 4pts
2. Beach - nice idea but not very private with people looking over from the road  4 pts
3. Hotel - another good idea but a bit spread out 4 pts
4. Restaurant - interesting building 4pts

Total points: 16
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

threestooges

Nice touch bringing int he private Governor's suite and beach. The tunnel story was a good idea too. The only difficulty I had was figuring out which restaurants and which hotels were being judged. Mostly I took an average for the lot of them.

Border crossing: basic, but gets the job done: 4 points

Hotel: Presuming it's the one on the hill named "Challenge Hotel", nice surroundings, and that's a good use for that spot up on the hill there. The St. David's seems a bit messier though (like the reef plop overlapping the park path): 4 points

Restaurant: Interesting design, and interesting pricing structure. Not sure about the views out back, but the ones out to sea must be nice: 4 points.

Beach: I like the idea of the private beach done like that. Seculded and well executed: 5 points

17 points

jmyers2043

Border crossing - 4 - Good border crossing

Beach - 5 - Looks like a private beach. Although it does look like a relaxing spot.  It's kind of interesting looking at what others have done and perceive to be a relaxing beach. I find a more active beach to be relaxing while others created secluded scenes.

Hotel - 4 - I think I could stay at that lodge. Kind of old world and different.

Restaurant - 5 - the best restaurant of them all. 

Points = 18

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)