• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... futuristic-science fiction cities and space colonies

Started by Terring7, March 28, 2010, 09:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

kbieniu7

That's some nice play with different terrain levels! Looks interesting :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Terring7

This is my first city that takes the concept of 3D cities into a more practical way, by becoming a multi-level city. Based on Francisco Mujica's 100-Story City, a 1929 concept about multi-level city...

...I made a city with a big ground level and a smaller one above. The result is having 2 cities over each other, independent from each other but also connected to each other. As you can see, the upper level consists by a few and smaller buildings, connected to each other by bridges and by the ground level by stairs. Of course those buildings are on the roof of bigger buildings, so we can imagine that Sims can just use elevators to change level, or "city roof" as we can call it. The next experiments will have larger and even more city roofs and a much larger variety of combinations and designs . For now, this is what I've made.

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

matias93

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---