• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robercik

I don't think that it's as huge as you think, cos that arent buildings all over the place, but just trees (on the first picture with atumn colors, and on the other covered with snow). Am I right? :) If you look closer then you can actually spot where the actual cities are. It would be kind of strange to have population right up to the mountains picks (-tops,I don't know how to wright it, I'm not from an english speaking country). Or is it really SO HUDGE?? :D
- just playing this game.. the European style :)

art128

Yes, of course, but it's covered by seasonal trees, meaning to plop them from the mayor mod menu.... :O
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Fantastic looking region there, cowcorn!!
Also nice winter version...

cowcorn

First, both pictures date back from 2006. Second, At that time the largest city was under 100,000. Most of this is hand plopped Peg seasonal trees. I had a few tricks to make this less of a pain to accomplish. It is actually seasonal trees mixed with Peg god mode pines... I had done a tutorial (it's somewhere down that page) back when I had an active CJ on Simtropolis. Still it took a about an hour to cover a full large tile.

Dai9988

This is picture of my region of Isla Sykios. Densely photoshopped.
Slovakia!

Dantes

@Dai: Awesome  :o

Please visit my MD

Synthael

Really beautiful regions, everyone... I wish I could make my own that good...

And here's mine... Downloaded this one from STEX (I think, dunno anymore tbh...), and finished seeding the trees today... 16x10 big tiles, it's a monster :D
Next thing to decide will be where to put settlements to minimize the damage to environment :D

Click for full size.

noahclem

Great pictures guys! Dai998, your volcano is spectacular  &apls

Winter in my region, Siilijoki:

I haven't gone through and re-lotted everything to be seasonal (and probably never will) but I still like the effect  ;D

mike3775

Thats a sweet region Synthael

I like the winter look Noah, thats cool looking(and I am jealous as I wish I could build cities as beautiful as I have seen in this section)

Here is the one I am currently using

Right now I am planning on building in a T formation, with a residential large city in 2nd from the top on the left, with a small residential and primary farming area to the North, with an Industrial city to the East, and a Commercial city to the south, with the only city connections being a RHW-10, dedicated passenger train lines(freight blockers used in Industrial city), and a high speed rail line going to the Industrial and Commercial cities.  I have never tried running 4 cities at once, so it should be fun, and hopefully I can manage to get past 100 game years before I get bored and want to start over  lol

Risu

Quote from: mike3775 on January 10, 2012, 08:56:30 AM
Here is the one I am currently using

Right now I am planning on building in a T formation, with a residential large city in 2nd from the top on the left, with a small residential and primary farming area to the North, with an Industrial city to the East, and a Commercial city to the south, with the only city connections being a RHW-10, dedicated passenger train lines(freight blockers used in Industrial city), and a high speed rail line going to the Industrial and Commercial cities.  I have never tried running 4 cities at once, so it should be fun, and hopefully I can manage to get past 100 game years before I get bored and want to start over  lol
I don't suppose it's called "SC4 Devotion" for that reason? $%Grinno$%

Srsly tho', good luck / have fun filling that map.

mike3775

I doubt I get much farther than the original 4 cities before I blow it all up and start over.  I actually did get that map here though, I like it, it has some nice rolling hills and it generally easy to lay transit on, plus I got used to the ennodi slope mod finally(I forced myself to get used to it) and I now like it as well.

SeanSC4

Here are my two regions in all their grandeur thanks to Lowkee's amazing new terrain mod.

FrankU

Wow!
The colors look so realistic!

TiFlo

Lowkee's terrain is out?! How did I miss that? *frantically logs on to the file Xchange server*
It is indeed looking amazingly real.

epicblunder

While we're on the topic of Lowkee's terrain, I'll share:

This isn't quite the default, I modified it slightly by pulling the snow textures down to cover much of the high elevation rocky textures to better reflect a wetter climate.

WannGLondon

Call me Warren.

WannGLondon

From my MD, Pense. Based off of London, England.

Come visit! :)
Call me Warren.

Swordmaster

Quote from: WannGLondon on March 03, 2012, 08:30:03 AM

Dang, does this look English or what? Very google-mappish.

Cheers,
Willy

WannGLondon

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 10, 2012, 08:26:34 PM
Quote from: WannGLondon on March 03, 2012, 08:30:03 AM

Dang, does this look English or what? Very google-mappish.

Cheers,

Willy
Thanks Willy! Its my city based off of London, so spot on!
Call me Warren.