• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your ... Region shots

Started by Giligone, January 25, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

WELCOME TO PAGE 20!

Two great region shots there, Pat!
And nice start on the development of the region!!! :thumbsup:

flame1396

Still a lot to do. Obviously.

Click for full size
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

metasmurf

Quote from: flame1396 on October 05, 2008, 01:49:54 PM

Looks like you're off to a good start. Looks realistically spread out.

Pat

flame looking good there so far and Bat thank you!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Yes, that's looking really good so far, flame1396! Nice work!

Simpson

Wow flame  :o this is looking super
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

DarkLoki

My latest creation, i'm developing the south-east corner of a region i'm sure you all know.

The big city is slowly flowing over the mountain range and is rapidly changing an old town into a nice suburb. The city in the north is also running out of space fast.

tag_one

^^ Looks like a great region. Reminds me a bit to the US West Coast  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Flame 1396: wow, very dense! Can't wait to see how you are going to fill your region.
DarkLoki (nice name by the way): good work.

And it's time I showed a bit of my own work.
A large port area, 6x3 large citytiles.

art128

that look good DarkLoki  :thumbsup: and FrankU  &apls :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

Duvad

Been a year or so since I last worked on my SC4 region and showed it here.

Clearly, there's a lot of work to do on the outskirts of the city. Have started the rural sections, though.

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

webelch

A first quick look at my region "Lisaland" started two years ago. Not yet finished...

art128

great region shot there webelch  &apls the airport look nice  :thumbsup: and also the city !!
BTW, Welcome at SC4D  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

papab2000

Very nice webelch :thumbsup: 2 years is amazing. What other game could you play for 2 years and still have fun with it.  ;)

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

blade2k5

2 years eh?  Wow!  I get so far into developing a region, then get bored with it and move on to the next.....of course, when you have as many maps as I do that I want to develop, it's difficult to stick with one until it's completed.  You obviuosly have more patience than I do webelch :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

FrankU

I can agree with Blade2k5.
I am not able to work on a region for a long time. Somehow I always get distracted...

On some point I felt very inclined to do a large rural area, and I built quite a lot. Then I stumbled upon Emilin's Seaport tutorial. It grabbed my attention and then I just wanted to do a very large port. After having worked for some time on that port I was not happy with the map, so I made a different one.
And so on, and so on.

So, I probably will never have finished any map I ever start with. But, hey; I have a lot of fun and that's what this game is about.
Sometimes people ask: when is het game finished? Is there a way to win? They just don't know....

bat

Great region shots there, @ all! Wonderful work on the development on your maps...

blade2k5

Quote from: FrankU on November 10, 2008, 04:25:50 AM
I can agree with Blade2k5.
I am not able to work on a region for a long time. Somehow I always get distracted...

On some point I felt very inclined to do a large rural area, and I built quite a lot. Then I stumbled upon Emilin's Seaport tutorial. It grabbed my attention and then I just wanted to do a very large port. After having worked for some time on that port I was not happy with the map, so I made a different one.
And so on, and so on.

So, I probably will never have finished any map I ever start with. But, hey; I have a lot of fun and that's what this game is about.
Sometimes people ask: when is het game finished? Is there a way to win? They just don't know....

You just said in a more eloquent manner than I did, exactly how I feel about the game :D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.