• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Great mix of shots in these last two updates!  Crescent point reminds me a bit of Tofino, another small coastal town in BC with very high end hotels! 

Q-Tips

So why have i missed Cascadia until now? It is just great and i think i spent almost an hour looking trough all. I hate building citys on hillys areas, but i think you made it great.
I liked looking at your construction sites turning in to buildings. :thumbsup:

djvandrake

Nice little town with some good looking hotels.  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

Great update! I love the little towns. So is the CCD$ equal to the USD? If not, whats the exchange rate?

canyonjumper

Replies

Tomas Neto: Thanks, Tomas!
Battlecat: Thanks, Battlecat! I do have a SC4M file of the Pacific Rim Nat'l Park area, including Tofino and Ucluelet.
Q-Tips: Thanks for reading it all through, nedalezz. I do try to make everything aesthetically pleasing.
djvandrake: Thanks, DJ!
nedalezz: Thank you, little towns are my specialty! CCD is equivalent to approx. USD $1.10, but does change frequently.

Teaser

I'm working on an entry for the Thematic Competition, so I thought I'd show you what I was aiming for.

I started using the Lot Editor for the first time, and I got the hang of it, I just need ideas for the plaza. Is it okay the way it is, or should I tweak it?

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

BuildingUp

Great teaser! The only thing I can think of is change the two fountains to one large fountain. But that's just my opinion. I think it looks great! :)

dedgren

A lot of hard work is really evident here, Jordan.  This was a great place to come rest my eyes.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

djvandrake

Looks good Jordan.  My suggestions for your lot would be to add some people, and put dirt circles around the bases of your trees so they don't look like they're growing out of the bricks.

canyonjumper

Replies

BuildingUp:Thanks! Advice taken into consideration ;D!
David (dedgren):Thank you David, I try hard.
djvandrake:Thanks DJ! V3 will have people and bases.
nedalezz:Thanks!

Teaser: Plaza V2

Here's the second version of the plaza:

I will have a third version, hopefully the final version, ready soon, and that will have people and tree bases :D!

scott1964

rooker1

I like to see members trying out LE.  It's not really that hard to get into it and once you do I find it very addictive and I know of a few others that are in the same boat.
Anyways, about the LOT.  I find it bare and frankly a little boring.  You need to remember that the cathedral is very grand so the LOT needs to reflect this.  A larger fountain in the front, maybe some fences down the sides, a fancy garden, some benches, large older mature trees and always remember to add people.
This is just my opinion but maybe it will get you thinking a bit.  If you need any help with props, just drop me a PM any time.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Nanami

Rady

Looks great! I just would go with what djvandrake said - some little dirt or stone circle surrounding the trees would be a nice addition. Also, you possibly would like to add a low wrought iron chain seperating the plaza from the man road. Just that none of the little sims that inevitabely will play around here will get hurt by a car passing by.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

canyonjumper

Replies

Scott (scott1964): Thank you!

Robin (rooker1): Thanks Robin :thumbsup: I'll be sure to include those ideas. Do you know where some good fountain props are?

976: Thank you!

Rady: My first priority is keeping my little sims safe :D
Update 10

Update Ten is basically a teaser of my entry to the Thematic Competition.

Suggestions are welcome :)

Q-Tips

This is coming along great. I love the small town feeling you give. Tough the cathedral / big church gives me a sense of a town with a big history. Now your challence is to get the right residental to grow.

djvandrake

sumwonyuno

Heh, I was waiting for the area around the church to be built out.  The development doesn't look complete yet, but the development that is already there is nice!

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Tomas Neto

Wow my friend, this canals are awesome!!! Fantastic city!!!  :thumbsup:

danielcote

You're citie is beautiful! Similar layout to one of my own cities except the city hall is where the church is then the plaza then accross the way is the church.