• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

Strange error while opening new PEGPROD lot:

Quoteunexpectable error in C:\Users\DragonShardz\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\PEGPROD\PPonds\Locks\PEG-PP_2x_Lock_RESOURCE.dat in the entry number 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3367, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3370, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3159, in LoadDatas
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1260, in addFolder
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1263, in addFile
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 687, in __init__
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 756, in ReadEntries
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 756, in <lambda>
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 613, in __init__
struct.error: unpack str size does not match format

wouanagaine

it is likely the .dat file is corrupted somehow or it use a strange format

Is the file availble on STEX ? because for certains reasons, I can't get it on PLEX :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

I can read the file, and it shows up correctly in PIMX

Can you try with only that file ( make a folder with only that file, and load only this folder )

You might also want to open that file on Reader, and do reindex and rebuild Directory File then save and try again in PIMX

Edit : Stupid question, but does the file work correctly in SC4 ? You might also redownload the file, as it might have been corrupted during the download

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

clearlypowa

I dl SC4 PIM, and have this pb when inisializing  ()what()

Windows XP with last drivers cards ok. I have a Laptop

Edit : new xml properties are installed and in the config menu , i have a message "your GID is 0X78A7A30F"

the message i have in the picture is :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3367, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3370, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3128, in LoadDatas
pywintypes.error: (2, 'RegOpenKeyEx', 'Le fichier sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable.')

wouanagaine

Make sure you have installed the game using the CD installer and not copied over other fancy places from another PC

New Horizons Productions

gottago

I can't figure out how to define a corner lot with the PIM-X LE--can this be done, or do I have to pass a lot through the old LE to do this?

wouanagaine

Hum, I think I forgot that   &mmm

Can you edit the roadfacing property in the PIMX examplar of your lot ?

New Horizons Productions

gottago

Not a problem W--I changed it using the old LE... just wanted to be sure I wasn't finding this function in the PIM-X

Travis

Posting to let you know, Wou, that I managed to fix my problem with LE_X by manually re-installing the graphics drivers from the intel site. thanks for your help. :)

Delecto

Hello wouanagaine, I hope you are fine.
Thank you for the PIMX, an incredible project. I have a problem when I open the LE_X, this window appears:

Only with lots created with PIMX, no problem if the lot is created in LotEditor.
I run on a MacBook under Windows XP SP3. (Graphic Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family)
and I installed all the DLLs that you recommend.

Any idea of what causes this error?  ()what()

Thank you for your time.  ;)

DEL!

Travis

Hmm...that's the exact same graphics driver I had problems with. Try looking for a newer driver that supports OpenGL on the Intel site. Hope that helps. :)

Delecto

Thank you very much Travis, it works like a charm now!  :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Travis, can you please post a direct link to the driver you downloaded ? I'll add it on my first post, so anyone with an intel card can pick it up

New Horizons Productions

Travis

puresim

Hi wouanagaine,

Everything's working perfectly, no problems to report! :thumbsup:

I just wanted to ask you whether it was possible to add the wealth textures that appear around lots to the base texture options?

If it were possible I would use the wealth texture (white arrow) as a base texture on the lot (red arrow):

This would allow the rail base textures to change depending on what rail texture mod people are using (Swamper, PEG, SFBT), if any.

Korot

You could use the LE to do what you want.

Regards,
Korot

wouanagaine

In LE-X you could see which textures are wealth dependant in the floating LE tools window, just drag&drop it onto your lot in the correct tile, and it should work

New Horizons Productions

puresim

Jonathan

Is there a way way to make CAMeLots out of existing lots using the PIM-X? I've downloaded several non-CAM skyscrapers and can the PIM-X "convert" them?

BarbyW

Yes, Jonathan. You can use PIM_X to change any lots to be CAMelots. You can either make a completely new lot by taking the model and making a new descriptor or by recomputing the lot in PIM_X. See my User Guide for details.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original