• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

You guys are great, what an awesome addition to the game.

Robin :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

glepet

Wow! Those pics are jaw dropping. Your dedication to making SC4 better is inspiring! I'll be watching this developement closely.

artforce1

I actually opened an account here just so I could further watch the progress of this project!  Keep up the good work!!!! &hlp

schooner2

WOW, this all so exciting!!!  Way to go!!!  &apls
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

Fukuda

I've been just experimenting a bit with Dirt Road (RHW) bridges to include hableurg's and mine. Here are some shots of a RHW plain bridge

A little beta with this bridge will be uploaded soon, I'm working on right now
Back to europe ;D

Gaston

白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

HabLeUrG

Tarkus

Fukuda, that is awesome work!  Many thanks to you and HabLeUrG for filling this part of the RHW Project! :thumbsup:

-Alex

Antoine

BigSlark

Fukuda, I'm amazed.

How do you build the bridge? Drag the RHW roadway you're working on over the void and go from there?

Cheers,
Kevin

Ryan B.

Shadow Assassin

The v13 RHW should work fine with NAM 19 (the old one).

Tarkus, it might be a good idea to look at the end paths of the RHW. Every time it is dragged, the game freezes for a few seconds. It seems that there are no end paths for the RHW (I remember the exact same thing happened with the OW roundabouts when they were in beta.

Hmm... I wonder what would happen if I used a v19 NAM with a v20 ANT...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

Shadow Assassin, that's a really good point about the freezing and the lack of end paths.  I have that slight freeze happen everytime too, and that would really speed up the override process as well (which is horribly slow with some of the experimental wider RHWs).  I know qurlix had said something about some way he was improving the reliability and speed of dragging the RHW for the indefinitely delayed RHW v17, but didn't specify exactly what--that's probably what he was going to do.  I'll look into this for the RHW v14 release (for which I'd also like to include some part of the RHWMIS).  Thanks for bringing that up.

And yes, RHW v13 should work fine with NAM v19. 

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

If you use the DrawPaths cheat, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Oh, and please, please, please sort out the RHW dat file. It looks like there's duplicate FSHs, quite often at the same zoom level with different instance numbers. Actually, what's with that? Some other pieces aren't even used at all.

Meanwhile, I've been looking through for instance IDs to use, so I can create a texture mod if needed. It should be quite easy to do at this point, before all those extra interchange pieces are added.

Yup, Qurlix was in fact going to fix it, but you might as well fix it, since he's nowhere to be seen. :P
New Horizons Productions

Tarkus

Shadow Assassin, with the duplicates, are you referring to all the various diagonals that have basically been repeated in some sort of flipped around form?  Pretty much the only thing I did with the textures in v13 was to add 3 in for the new Avenue, OWR and Rail-over-RHW puzzle pieces.  The rest of the IID assignments and whatnot were all my predecessor's doing :D.  I should take a look at that as well.

And yes, qurlix is nowhere to be seen.   

-Alex

Edit:  I just tried drawing an RHW after adding paths in for the stubs.  Even though I did them rather quickly and they ended up being invalid, they greatly sped up the draw time.  Thanks again!

Shadow Assassin

Not a problem. I find that the paths don't even have to be valid, as long as they're there. I think that's what qurlix did with the roundabout - just gave the centre tile invalid paths... problem solved. :D

I'll see how things go.

EDIT, 21:15 AEST:

A closer up shot.

Just did a quick texture change. That's all.

EDIT, 01:39 AEST:

Curves, one-way roads, oh my!
New Horizons Productions

Fukuda

Quote from: BigSlark on April 26, 2007, 05:01:50 PM
Fukuda, I'm amazed.

How do you build the bridge? Drag the RHW roadway you're working on over the void and go from there?

Cheers,
Kevin

Indeed, I dragged the RHW over the water,lol.
I'm refinishing the last details of the bridge  &dd
Back to europe ;D

Tarkus

Shadow Assassin, those textures look absolutely amazing!  Great job on those--it will be nice to finally have some asphalt.   :thumbsup:

And Fukuda, that's great news as well, and I'm looking quite forward to the RHW bridges myself.

-Alex

metasmurf

Tarkus

Well, unfortunately, there appears to be an error in the RHW v13 .dat which is preventing the NAM Diagonal Streets plug-in from working correctly.  However, I have found the problem, and it is an outdated copy of RUL 0x10000001 from RHW v12, dating back to September 18, 2005 &mmm.  I will be uploading the new RHW v13 .dat to the LEX shortly (within the next few hours).  It will also contain the aforementioned fix to the ANT-to-RHW conversion, thanks to Shadow Assassin.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

-Alex (Tarkus)