• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plugins Folder is a wreck....

Started by kody_organmaster, August 09, 2013, 02:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kody_organmaster

So sadly I have let my plugins folder go over the past few months &ops. Downloading this and that, not really paying attention to where I am putting things. It used to be organized and quite neat. I have been using the packer and had everything organized to type of file. (ex. Commercial, Residential, Prop, Texture....etc) I was looking through some stuff the other day and saw a file twice but in different folders. This makes me wonder how much other stuff I have doubles of and not realizing it.
Long story short I have files everywhere :'( (between old back ups and attempted organizing) and am wondering if there is any trick or way to get everything together and really organize it so its easy to find later if need be. ()what()

Any help is greatly appreciated! 
Thanks!!
CityNut_607
--Kody

Meastro444

nope. You gotta do the sorting out yourself.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

catty

Currently my plugin folder is sorted out by type, so all the commercial stuff in one folder, waterfront stuff in another, but for the longest time before that, apart from the NAM and RTMT which had their own folders the rest of my plugins were filed based on their name ie if it started with an A it went in the A folder and so on, it seemed to work OK and it did get rid of duplicates unless somebody had renamed something

... while Meastro444 was a bit blunt, he is correct in that you have to find something that works for you and while we can all make suggestions as to how we have done it, at the end of the day its your plugin folder.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

spot

You can use the Sc4 PIM to help you organize your files.
I just did that last weekend.  I had 3000 files in a single folder.  SC4 Pim made figuring out what the files were easy (R/C/I, eyecandy etc..).

Reform

Running DoubleKiller trough your folders would at least make it easier to find all double content and see which files are newer. Apart from that, I do not know any special trick.  &Thk/(

- I

kody_organmaster

Thank you all for at least giving me some starter ideas. :thumbsup: Looks like I have a long road ahead of me...   &ops

-CityNut
--Kody