• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kwanyoni Bridge ... keeping it basic

Started by Colyn, April 22, 2007, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

The standard game transit textures need to be corrected before using them in the BAT/GMAX  "$Deal"$

The textures attached to the tutorial post are corrected, and will look better ( but not perfect) in the game.
Colyn, ,
If you want to use non corrected textures, you should correct them yourself.
My system: 
1st:  Convert the texture to grey scale.
2nd: Brightness -25
Save and use.

I plan to correct all the missing textures and attach them to the tutorial as soon as possible   Done ¡¡¡ ()stsfd()
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Jeronij and or Colyn,
i was wondering if its a height issue or what.  %confuso But i did use the
Kwanyoni Bridge which i do love.  But at this height it put in the maxis pylon
and well it kinda is sad to see it.  so heres a pic of what I'm talking about.
If that is the case is there gonna be an addition or should i find a way to lower the
bridge height or just hide the pylon? Any help is helpful - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

Pat ... I specifically designed the bridge to be only able to go 45m or so ... even that is haigh already for a timber post bridge. Kwanyoyninu looks at it's best if the stone footing just sticks out above the water.

I am working on the road and rail versions and will do some samples of how to use them.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Colyn

Here is a shot ...

The endpieces should not protrude much and the low stonewalls that are hanging free in your shot is also not good.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

Placing a bridge in SC4 can be an art by itself sometimes  ::) , and really time consuming  $%Grinno$%

I remember I have spent hours literally placing and detailing a bridge ( SCR ) But once is done, is done forever  ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Jeronij and Colyn thank you guys for the quick help.  I was going try to rework the bridge height and adjust the start/end piece as i noticed it when i zoomed in and after when colyn you had pointed it out lol.  Well i was adding the rain to flood the area and the my game crashed to desktop. Oh well but at least now i got more of an idea to place the bridge. I will post the redone shot once i can get it lol- pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Gaston

This bridge is great, Colyn.   I can seen Sir Alec Guinnes standing on the side of this bridge.   Like in Bridge on the River Kwai [ linkie ]     It has a striking resemblence to that one.  (whistleing the theme song Click on music on the link above)   One of my all time favorite movies.  LOL    We DEFFINATELY need a rail version.   Perhaps you could put in the overhead supports like in the Kwai River bridge.   That would be very kool indeed.    ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09