• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Sad news, Dave, but I'm sure this was unavoidable. I hope it's just a busy period of time for you, not something caused by unpleasant or tragic events.

On a brighter note,
you've given us three years of pleasure with Balnavia and more recently Clontarf - both in beautiful scenery and your goofy sense of humor. :D And of course, if you're willing and able to pick it up where you left off, you know we'll be here for you.

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Glad to hear it's just a holiday. We'll be here when you get back, and we'll be looking forward to what you'll have put together.
-Matt

tooheys

Hi guys, it's been a few tough months since my last update. While things are still not back to normal,
I now have the time to get back into SC4.

So here is my first update on the comeback trail, still a bit rusty but hopefully I'll get that ol' touch back soon.

So this update we will be looking at the small area of Sterling. Home to only a few residents who love their
privacy and bush surrounds.

Regular updates are on the way. Hope you enjoy.

Dave

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Nardo69

Aah, a new rookie's MD. Lot's of nature, nice down under atmosphere, reminds me a bit of that Dave who has disappeared some time ago!

Wait a minute?

We're not in the Recently Published section?

Nope.  $%Grinno$%

It's the classic section?

Yup.  ()stsfd()

The author's name Dave, maybe?

Yeah!  :thumbsup:

Welcome back, Dave! The "master" got a little bit lonesome without the "apprentice"! ;)  :D

Jmouse

Welcome back to the hair-raising frustration of playing SC4, Dave! I still haven't figured out how you get the TPW to look so good. I especially like the way you've done the shorelines. I'm not at all happy with the way mine are turning out.

It's a pleasure to see that "signature" mixture of trees once again, too. That's another area I'm failing in. &mmm Looking back at the map, I even see some hilly areas in the future unless you chicken out and level them! :D

Either way, I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to see a whole lot more of Clontarf...
Joan

rooker1

This is our fourth and final week of the 4-in-1 run in OSITM.  As you already know, during the month of November, in celebration of SC4D's Anniversary, we've picked 4 MDs in addition to the others (who will be there for the full month) to appear in OSITM: one every week.  Dave is last and with that, this makes it the 4th time Province of Clontarf has been to OSITM.  Congratulations Dave, and since we have saved the best for last it will be very interesting to see what you have in store for this week.  ;)

Congratulations from myself and The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Congratulations on your latest visit to OSITM!  And also welcome back, glad to see you're firing things back up again! 

If you're feeling rusty, rest assured it certainly isn't showing!  You really have an impressive touch with the transparent plopable water!  Looking forward to seeing more as always!

kwakelaar

Congratulations, that is an impressive list of OSITM awards.
And nice work you have done on the small map from your last update.

tooheys

Thanks for the welcome back everyone. It's great to be back working on my MD, and particularily
nice starting out with a week in OSITM. Thanks  :)

So the Province of Clontarf continues with the town of Elsmere. But first a quick look at the Region as it stands:

Elsmere is a larger town located in the Region's rural area. Current population is only
2,813 but this will grow as the rest of the tile is developed.

Well that's all for know. Hope you enjoy.

Back soon

Dave

Jmouse

Glad to see a photo of the region. I forgot to ask - you've been gone so long I'm out of practice! :D It doesn't look like you are, though.

Starting out with a large quad is an ambitious way to get back into the game, but I guess you might as well start out in the deep end. That's an impressive highway system you've built in Elsmere, so maybe you should show us some traffic data when the population increases and development gets denser. (See there, I can get back into practice pretty quickly, too.)

I like the way you've done your industrial area in the fourth photo - I've always said industry doesn't have to be an eyesore. That's a good-looking green area farther down the page and a well-laid-out commercial area, too. The neighborhood you showed is especially nice - I like to see some breathing room between the houses.

Did you make a lot or two for this update? Whether or not, it's a great update. I'm glad to see you back, and back up to speed.

Later..
Joan

Battlecat

Great looking start to the quad!  That is a particularly nice layout to your town so far!  It's quite elegant and feels very organized. 

threestooges

Looking good Dave. I particularly like the design of the park surrounding the town hall. Nice use of the azalea parks. It's interesting to see all the buildings surrounding it facing inward. It makes sense they would face what would be the public focal point, but seeing all the backs exposed like that makes it also feel a bit like Hollywood set. Still looks good though. I also like your choice in train stations. I have the set myself, but haven't quite found the best place to use them yet. Fits right in there though. You continue to impress with your use of the road curves too. The second to last picture in particular, with the S-curves winding into the intersection nestled among the trees, caught my eye.

Nice update. Looking forward to what's to come.
-Matt

Tomas Neto

Hi Dave, congratulations on OSITM my friend!!! Awesome updates, really great work!!!  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Congrats on the OSITM! And very nice last update! The terrain mod and the trees make your MD so unique :P
Hoping you'll stop by Pirgos some time &blush
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Terring7

I wish those town woulds be real, to visit them and have a walk on them &apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.