• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3RR-ST - Page 48

Started by dedgren, November 15, 2008, 12:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

This is the SC4D archive of Page 48 of Three Rivers Region at Simtropolis.  Comments are locked for now.

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head colspan=2]
Page 48
[/head] [/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1410  11/30/2006 09:56 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]I realized I had not posted the terraformed region pic of SE- here it is.

Here's a full-size from region census [ linkie ].

Unfortunately no real additional progress on NW last night, as I had a trial and a hearing today to prepare for. 

There's been so many great comments.  I expect to do a major announcement that will set collaborative quad development in motion over the next ten days to two weeks.  I'm coming to terms with the "which trees" issue, too.

I will also address the Region Census situation ASAP.

Thanks to all for bearing with me.

Later.

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1411  11/30/2006 12:41 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

mightygoose
[/data][data]which trees eh, its a toughie
great work on finally terraforming it all, i hope this cj will og for many months more...
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1412  11/30/2006 12:52 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hi my friend excellent region very nice terraforming,i am sure what ever trees you use they will fit perfectly  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1413  11/30/2006 04:22 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

ElBarto92
[/data][data]Hey, David, long time no post. Good to see the new 3RR coming along nicely - I'll be checking in every once in a while. Until then...

-Andrés
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1414  11/30/2006 04:46 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]David,
As far as I'm concerned, it's worth the wait. After all this, I'd hate to see you rush it now just to get in a few more pics/posts.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1415  11/30/2006 11:14 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Gaston
[/data][data]Hi David,
    Haven't been posting much lately.   Been doing alot of lurking.   Also been downloading alot of Japanese stuff lately as well.    Just playing with some of it for something different.    The updates look great.     I'll keep lurking about and waiting to comment on the important stuff.     Good luck in court.

---Gaston
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1416  11/30/2006 11:30 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

st louis dude
[/data][data]What did he do? [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1417  12/01/2006 03:06 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Potpourri night in the little bit of time I have...
Gaston:  Good luck in court.

st louis dude:  What did he do?

Became a lawyer.  Life sentence.  No possibility of parole.

My client, a guy, was awarded custody of his kid.  The trial was a circus.  Not one of my favorite judges, and both sides had...well...issues.

Some days I wish I'd bought that pottery in Ocracoke [ linkie ] instead.

Anyway, time for a bit of...

9:00 a.m.   It's still pretty dark up here that late.  We're three weeks (yay!) away from the winter solstice, then we'll start gaining daylight again.  It's a few degrees below zero (F, C is about -20).  I set the camera on the deck rail- that's about ten seconds of exposure.

About an hour later.  Still darn cold- the sun does not provide any appreciable warmth up here this time of year.

Zoom in.  Looks like mountains I want in 3RR.

This is why folks live up here.

On to 3RR.  I worked a bit after dinner on NW.  All the small streams are taking a bunch of time.  I actually did this corner of the region first, last week, but used it as a learning experience and started back from scratch after completing the other three.

Here's the usual full-size from region census [ linkie ].  You can see, if you look at the streams, the clean-up that is necessary after the last of the SC4TF terraforming sessions (4 or 5) is done.

Maybe tomorrow.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1418  12/01/2006 03:43 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

crazychickensc12
[/data][data]beautiful Alaskan eye candy dedgren!! :) I can't even begin to imagine how cold it is up there, when im freezing down here  , some more awesome terraforming also..I love the little streams and the detail involved in them..keep up the great work!! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1419  12/01/2006 05:03 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Rayden
[/data][data]Nice scenery, I wish I could be there, I want to be there, I want, I  waannt tooooo *entering the transponder machine on the way to Alaska* 

Quote9:00 a.m.   It's still pretty dark up here that late.  We're three weeks (yay!) away from the winter solstice, then we'll start gaining daylight again.  It's a few degrees below zero (F, C is about -20).  I set the camera on the deck rail- that's about ten seconds of exposure.

It reminds me when I was in Lapland, never seen the sun there, and daylight used to last between 11am till 2pm when the sky was clear. Only the temperature were a bit different, it never got above -23Cº and the lowest it went was -42Cº counting with wind chill. This is the page of Piha where I was back in 2001.[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1420  12/01/2006 05:46 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hi my friend,awesome pics very beautifull,your region is awesome too  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1421  12/01/2006 02:30 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]Hello David,
Beautifull pics. It's nice to see the way nature constructs things vs. the results we get from SC4. I'm sure if that's how you want your mountains to look in 3RR, that IS how they will look. Thanks for showing the last pic with some SC4TF overlap. Although it isn't really "pretty", it gives us amatuers an idea of how you obtain the results achieved in the lower half of the pic.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1422  12/01/2006 06:46 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]NW is done.

Here's the full-size from region census [ linkie ].  I'll be reassembling NW, NE, SW, and SE into the entire region and will post that as soon as I'm done.  I am still tweaking (but am about tweaked out).

Later.

EDIT:  Well, I noticed belatedly that this was my 1,000th post on the ST forums.  Just over a post a day for 2-1/2 years- who says I never shut up?
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1423  12/01/2006 07:32 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

owenluby
[/data][data]Yay! Those photos are absolutley breathtaking!
I want to go there badly... as part of my life ambition: to visit every country in the world... I hope I can!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1424  12/01/2006 10:55 PM data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Gaston
[/data][data] David,
    This is off your deck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If I didn't like you so much, I'd really hate you.  LOL   I see exactly why you live where you do.      That is the most beautiful sceenery I think I have ever seen.    I am truely envious.

---Gaston 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1425  12/02/2006 01:33 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]I almost got choked up as I plugged in the 256th quad...

Here is the region in a large view, complete with borders and quad names [ linkie ] .  It's 921kb, so be patient.  There's still a few mistakes here and there (quad to quad alignment of streams, an uncorrected river width, other stuff), but I think this is a pretty credible first pass at fine detailing and clean-up.

There's so much I plan to do with this- thanks for coming along for the ride.

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1426  12/02/2006 01:48 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

thundercrack83
[/data][data]I just sat for about five minutes straight, just staring at the large view shot of your region. I'm completely awestruck at the magnitude of this project, but also with the meticulous attention to the details. I couldn't even fathom beginning something like this, much less being able to do at the level you have. I come here and look around at least once a day and have posted a few times at other great things you've done, but a lot of the work you do I can't even comprehend (things with the Terraformer, etc.), so I am hesitant to comment on it. But I have learned so much just from seeing what you've done and it never ceases to impress and amaze me. Saying "Keep up the good work" seems rather pedestrian at this point, but honestly, I've run out of superlatives.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1427  12/02/2006 02:01 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

crazychickensc12
[/data][data]ok....excuse me for having amensia but those are large tiles right?? but anyways...lets get cracking on building the biggest metropolis SC4 has ever seen  :)

jk nice work! 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1428  12/02/2006 03:50 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

owenluby
[/data][data]Whoooaaaaahhhhh! That it HUGE! How is your computer going? [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1429  12/02/2006 05:18 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hi my friend i cant wait to see you play this region,excellent work [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1430  12/02/2006 09:01 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]David,
The large view is absolutely stunning! From the floodplains to the low hills to the highest mountains, your work is inspiring! Can't wait to see what's next for 3RR!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1431  12/02/2006 11:12 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

tchaos713
[/data][data]Wow, what progress...

And I am truly jealous of your view. It reminds me of where I grew up in West Virginia, only much, much more grand and broad (and untouched).

So, are you still planning to distribute quads for development?
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1432  12/02/2006 03:47 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Dr.Gonzo
[/data][data]Awesome views man, makes me want to leave the city :)
Love the region as well...whenever i need motivation i just read a few pages of your CJ ;) 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1433  12/02/2006 04:04 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

exodus101
[/data][data]Great Work!! I especially love those amazingly realistic windy little rivers/creeks. Any chance we'll get to see a little more of how you pulled it off in Terraformer? Keep up the good work!  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1434  12/02/2006 07:06 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]I've been on and off at the 'puter today.  Effort right now is to name stuff, so that I can write the "back story" for the landforms and other terrain features of the region.  The pic/maps are quick and dirty, but will be the basis for nice looking ones prepared down the road.  Here's a few shots from NE.

Here's the entire NE pic/map [ linkie ]

I plan to do this for each of the high peaks.

Also, if someone wanted to give me the quick and dirty way to upload the four 3RR162 subregion maps to the STEX, I'd be happy to do that.  I thought that SC4TF had some kind of ready-made to upload output, but it's not apparent now that I have looked for it.

Let me know.  Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1435  12/02/2006 07:58 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

emilin
[/data][data]You actually named EVERY peak???? You are so cool. I can't wait to see some building taking place in this region (hope you can assemble your team successfully). This is going to be awesome.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1436  12/02/2006 11:19 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Gaston
[/data][data]David,
   Absolutely mesmerizing.     I have a hard time realizing these are all hand terraformed.   I keep looking at the river systems and think "How kool is that.   Oh I'd put a something there and maybe even a something else there."  lol
    Really fantastic stuff.     My friend you are deffinately an empresario.    That last word came from my cat, who we have determined is biligual.    Yes my girlfriend talks to the cat (and the cat talks back) in spanish.  LOL   The funy part is that the cat really seems to understand.   
     Anyway,   this is some really exciting stuff, with 3RR.

---Gaston 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1437  12/02/2006 11:30 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Schulmanator
[/data][data]I am delighted that you have the whole region terraformed at last. You have quite an undertaking ahead of you - but it is a great one - building in a region of that magnitude is an awesome opportunity. I am eager to see where you start.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1438  12/03/2006 12:13 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

WorfoSAUR
[/data][data]
QuoteAlso, if someone wanted to give me the quick and dirty way to upload the four 3RR162 subregion maps to the STEX, I'd be happy to do that.  I thought that SC4TF had some kind of ready-made to upload output, but it's not apparent now that I have looked for it.

In SC4TF, toggle Global Tools, then click on Export.  Export the file as a .SC4M and it should work. [/size][/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1439  12/03/2006 12:24 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hamsterTK
[/data][data]Awesome!

I cant wait for this to be developed

Okay, anyways, I absolutely have to add my 2 cents here:

Really fantastic stuff. My friend you are deffinately an empresario. That last word came from my cat, who we have determined is biligual. Yes my girlfriend talks to the cat (and the cat talks back) in spanish. LOL The funy part is that the cat really seems to understand.

I knew this girl who bought this parrot and It could speak Korean. She named it Kim-Cheongyuk or something like that. It was so ****** annoying, like that character on Mad TV.

...Now, the fact it spoke korean wasnt really the annoying part, but rather its incessant jabbering.

I am not making this up
[/data][/row]

[row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax