• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Prototype II - City founding

Started by croxis, January 26, 2010, 02:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croxis

catty

Quote from: croxis on January 26, 2010, 02:45:12 PM
Click multiplayer, then click ok. You will then connect to the server and obtain the region data

Got as far as click multiplayer then ok, at that point the screen goes blank (Firefox 3.5.7), also tried the local version and got the same thing happening

:'(
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Nique

It actualy 'did' work.. but now it does not anymore
Proudly developer of

Victor01

Quote from: catty on January 27, 2010, 02:15:54 AM
Got as far as click multiplayer then ok, at that point the screen goes blank (Firefox 3.5.7), also tried the local version and got the same thing happening

:'(

Quite same problem... it seems to be veeeery slow

daeley

Quote from: Nique on January 27, 2010, 04:39:29 AM
It actualy 'did' work.. but now it does not anymore

ah so it's one of those demos that only work on a Tuesday afternoon if the sun is shining? ;) seems to be a common issue in software projects ;)
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

ihatetacos

sorry dudes get to the ok and it goes down

croxis

the server program crashed, i couldn't tell you why as I have not implemented logging yet x.x

In good news I restarted the server app, so it works again.

WC_EEND

still crashes here, I also get 404 errors when clicking the links
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Nique

If you get a 404, it means that his (home) server is offline..

Proudly developer of

croxis

No it means my damn router switched ip so port forwarding isn't working. It is now fixed.

croxis

Whoops, forgot to restart the region. NOW it works. Untill this damn wireless fails on me again.

Should be required by law all apartments are wired with cat5.

Jonathan

It worked, but I then created a city (was I meant to?) and then created another without really meanign too and then it crashed and it won't work again so I think I broke it :(

Also what is the extent of the prototype?

croxis

Yup, it crashed and I caught the exception, so I am working on a fix for it right now :)

[Edit] found the problem. One of the things I added was user account system. So you signed in with the default user name and password and it got linked to your ip. Someone else connected with the same user name and password, and that account was then tied to this other person's ip, so when you tried to make another city, the server no longer had any idea who you were. I'm congering a fix now.

The extent of the prototype is more or less what you saw. I was hoping to add more, such as being able to delete your own cities and not others, click on cities for an info window about it, and little overlay text like region view in sc4, but I ran out of time to meet my self imposed deadline.

croxis

Ok, fix committed and server is up

and another crash, why didn't i have these problems when I was working on it x.x

Fix committed, back up

Victor01

Ummmh... I still have problems (cannot open anything).  :'(

catty

Quote from: catty on January 27, 2010, 02:15:54 AM

Still have the same problem, left it for awhile in case it was a time issue, nothing just a blank screen in Firefox, the local version opens a window which just vanishes after a few seconds  &cry2
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Victor01

well...now I can open it, but I still can't open it (freeze on web, close the .exe).

croxis

"Prototype is offline due to network instability on my end."

I think i got stability fixed, but i just checked a quick cpu use and the server is using 100% cpu. I have a thread that isn't sharing so I need to find who it is and talk to its mother.