• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What kind of plane would you like to see in SimCity?

Started by RustyXL, February 17, 2009, 05:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of plane would you like to see in SC4?

Embraer E-Jets
37 (26.1%)
Airbus A350
43 (30.3%)
Airbus A380
51 (35.9%)
DC-10/MD-11
38 (26.8%)
DC-9/MD-80/MD-95/717
32 (22.5%)
Concorde
44 (31%)
Military, Heavy (specify; eg. Airbus A400M, C-17 Globemaster)
41 (28.9%)
Military, Fighter (specify; eg. MiG-35, F-22)
33 (23.2%)
Special Jets (specify; eg. Airbus Beluga, Dreamlifter)
34 (23.9%)
Retro Jets (specify; eg. 707, Convair)
24 (16.9%)
Other (specify; eg. anything not mentioned above)
29 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 142

pilotdaryl

Quote from: Monorail Master on August 28, 2009, 01:58:01 PM
I'd like to see the 747 FlyUS jet found on GTA IV. Pic is the plane in GTA SA. The 747 model is the same, and the FlyUS paint scheme is the same on both sides

I find this plane to be really weird... the outboard engine appears to be bigger than the inboard one, and the winglet is huge :D

joelyboy911

I think theres some sort of extreme stretch/lens/zoom effect making those look that way.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

jplumbley

"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

KoV Liberty

Quote from: joelyboy911 on September 29, 2009, 05:02:34 PM
I think theres some sort of extreme stretch/lens/zoom effect making those look that way.

Yeah. It is an old version of GTA.

Quote from: jplumbley on September 29, 2009, 06:09:15 PM
The Wright Brothers plane.   :thumbsup:

Now theres an idea!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

tamorr

I still have to say the Red Baron triple decker plane, in Black and Red.... Would be good adition to the SNM park variation and the Wright brothers plane sounds like a good idea too that jplumbley mentioned...

I wouldn't mind a better model for the SR-71 Blackbird, as the current one I found is not as well looking... :)
And maybe some MIG Russion Jets...I can't remember what exactly they are called, but basically from the movie Transformers... What Megatron transforms into. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

KoV Liberty

Quote from: tamorr on September 30, 2009, 09:17:57 AM
    I still have to say the Red Baron triple decker plane, in Black and Red.... Would be good adition to the SNM park variation and the Wright brothers plane sounds like a good idea too that jplumbley mentioned...

I wouldn't mind a better model for the SR-71 Blackbird, as the currect one I found is not as well looking... :)
And maybe some MIG Russion Jets...I can't remember what exactly they are called, but basically from the movie Transformers... What Megatron transforms into. :)

All a very good idea. :)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Une_ame

How about ??

A lot of different forces use this one : USN, RAAF, AdA (France), RSAAF, Brazilian AF, EdA (Spain), Argent. AF, Heyl Ha'Avir (Israel), FACh, PAK AF and IAF, Swiss AF, Egypt AF, RSAF, Belgium AF, ... that means a lot different colors &hlp!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

muxcomee

I would like see something like an airbus 340 or 380.

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

@ Une_ame and @ hkboondoggle

I'm doing a Military Aircraft project in my spare time at the moment, if you're interested in them, I suppose I could make them.

by suppose, I mean whenever I get a break from school!
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

muxcomee

i would like to see something like an A340, A330, A380 or a 777 or 787. yeah i would like to see one of them. thx. :)

joelyboy911

Hello, Muxcomee.

I replied to your earlier post, to tell you that the A340 and A380 have been made by Tabi. He is a Japanese creator of aircraft props. He has also done a 777 and an A330. The Aerospace Consortium (the other Airport creating team here at SC4D) has a 787 in production (some are already available in prop packs, I think Delta and ANA, plus FedEx, DHL and Maersk StarAir cargo versions).

The SimCity Aviation Group (this team) has got a 777 in production right now. Pilotdaryl is mostly doing this project, and it is progressing at the moment. You can see the development of this and other projects in the Sub-Board called 'SCAG Creations'.

Possibly, there will also at some point be an A340 and A330 project by one of the SC4D based teams. I don't know what Voltaire and the AC team are up to at the moment (though I heard Yoman was doing an A330 once, I don't know what came of it though), but I am interested in these jetliners (though I have too much on my plate right now to even think about it). 
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dragonshardz

I'd like to see the NASA BWB:

and the LAPCAT A-2:

It's the pointier one.

I have a thread about these in the BAT requests section of the forum as well.

joelyboy911

Hey Dragonshardz, I saw your request in BAT requests. I thought it was fascinating, but sadly I, myself, am not going to be able to take on any more projects in the next 4 months (at least).
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

Those planes look amazing! Shame they were only Conceptual...

I might be able to do them in January, not promising anything, but a maybe...
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

dragonshardz

joelyboy911: That's alright, I'm a patient guy.

adroman: Actually, while only concepts they are slated to be actively developed. The BWB is intended as a replacement for conventional airliners, and the LAPCAT A-2 is intended as a Neo-Learjet type of thing.

January is fine, I probably won't be getting to the project I need the BATs for before then anyway.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....