• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

eggman's Misc Modding

Started by eggman121, June 25, 2017, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

That's really cool  &apls &apls

I am curious, is the shape and size of the light twistable?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

bladeberkman

You're sending us signals!!!  &apls

Kitsune

Yeah I'm curious how modable it is, ie can it be replaced with north american searchlight signals.
~ NAM Team Member

art128

This is very cool indeed.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

eggman121

Thanks everyone for the comments and likes :thumbsup:

To answer a few questions.

Quote from: Andreas on June 28, 2018, 04:36:54 AM
Oh, I did see that. :thumbsup: There's also a never released German railway crossing set with animated gates, but royal ran into some problems when making them (not sure what it was). I wonder if you wanna take a look at those?

Sure. I can take a look at those if you like.

Quote from: Girafe on June 28, 2018, 10:20:21 AM
That's really cool  &apls &apls

I am curious, is the shape and size of the light twistable?

How do you mean by twistable Girafe? It should not be too hard to make variant signal props if that is what you are wondering?

Quote from: Kitsune on June 28, 2018, 10:47:38 AM
Yeah I'm curious how modable it is, ie can it be replaced with north american searchlight signals.

Following on Girafe's comment I am sure you can make variants of signals for different localities.

So basically to get this to work I used the same type of Idea as railway Level Crossing props and used some RUL1 tweakery to get them to work. You need a stop path on the tile for the signals to function. Preferably a car stop path mimicking the Level crossing. I am still determining weather the piece needs to have a road network code in the piece to function. I think the stop path is sufficient. That means while I am doing the catenaries I can add the signals a well... kill two birds with one stone.

I am surprised it worked as well as it did. Well at the turnouts you will know which way the trains are going  :satisfied:

-eggman121

Andreas

I'll have to check my archive and maybe translate whatever readme might be included, but I'll drop you a line once I gathered what I have :)
Andreas

matias93

WOW, that's really fancy!!!
But it's just me, or that fractionally angled junction at the beggining of the video is also new?

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Gugu3

manga rivotra

Once again, the simulation of the railway tracks will become even more realistic and successful thanks to your exceptional work!  :thumbsup:
QuoteThat's really cool  &apls &apls
I am curious, is the shape and size of the twistable light?
QuoteHow do you mean by Twistable Giraffe? It should not be too hard to make a difference if you are wondering?

About lights, I guess the question was about the shape of the light since it is not always cross-shaped but often round in many countries.

eggman121

()lurker()  %%Order?/

:blahblah:    ("It, is, going, to, happen?")       &opr

:satisfied:

-eggman121

Tyberius06

Wow!

Another milestone in the history of SC4 which we can thank to You! It's truely amazing!  &apls &apls &apls
Thank you for making it possible!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Akallan

&apls &apls &apls Thank you for all the work you have done on the railways! They have never been so realistic! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

art128

Hehe. Cannot wait to try those out once released. They will take realism to another level dimension.  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

matias93

As we've said before: "grid? what's a grid?" &apls &apls &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Krasner

ANARCHIST !!

mattb325

Brilliant! Love this new set-up  :thumbsup:

evarburg

OMG OMG I hadn't seen that yet Now I have. Drooling.  &apls

eggman121

Thanks for the attention that the aforementioned post attracted ()stsfd()

Ready for some more  :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/v/epMM9cBmrog&feature=youtu.be

This is still a work in progress and I don't anticipate a release in the immediate future but I am working to make this project as functional as possible.

-eggman121

Tyberius06

Beautiful work! Great video!  &apls &apls :)
Thank you!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.