• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

You have a really nice city here Dan.  As someone who works in London and sees the RL St Paul's Cathederal regularly, it's interesting to see it in such a different setting from RL.  And it's nice to see what it would look like if it was in a large park setting - And I like it!  In RL it is next to a road and has quite a few building reasonably cose to it.

The JRJ euro buildings also look interesting like that.  I've never had that in my city so am trying to work out if they grew like that or you created a custom lot.  Very nice, whichever way.

I like the river/canals as well.

Paul

dsrwhat316

art128: Those towers are called One21 Apartment Tower by Andisart. Many thanks, friend!
rooker1: I like the modern look that his BATs have, so they were a must in Tyne. Thanks for replying, Robin (and I hope you got my PM)!
JoeST: Thanks, my friend!
bat: It was important to have a tranquil area in the city, so this was a fitting spot for it. Thanks for your support!
sciurus54: Thanks, friend; glad you like!
Simpson: Thank you; I hope you enjoy this update as well!
art128: Thanks, Arthur; and wait no longer for the update!
JoeST: Keep looking; there are some imperfections there that I know about! Glad you like the usage of those triangular parks; there will be plenty of them in this update!
Emperor Stormont: Nice to hear (read) that I'm providing motivation for you! Thanks for reading and drop by again soon!
sebes: Quality always comes first, my friend! Most of those buildings are the latest works by illTonkso. The flats took a long time to grow, but they seemed to turn out fine. Thanks for commenting!
bat: Thanks very much, my friend!
paroch: I was afraid that the cathedral wouldn't fit in the city; everything else is modern and streamlined, but St. Paul's has that classical element to it. Glad to see that people are taking to it! As for jeronij's Euro buildings, most of them were grown. Some (the corners and a few of the straights) were used as props in the Lot Editor and plopped into place. Thanks for your great comment!

Update 5- A Lofty Position

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Simpson

Hi my friend  :)
Your new update is really good, and your city is looking superb
I love the first pic, very réalistic  :thumbsup: . I'm until forward to the next update  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

I haven't any words to descrive this, it's realistic, beatiful! :thumbsup: &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

simplyfull amazing  &apls &apls
the work on the LE is amazing  :thumbsup:
I have a question, what is your secret ? because it's beautiful as well !  $%Grinno$%   :D
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Patricius Maximus

I think LE and an eye for textures is the secret -- but I can only imagine the size of the park menu.....

Dan, keep up the good work.

CasperVg

I love the enormous amount of eye-candy you present here. Your cities are very cohesive, mainly due to the enormous amount of LE'ing that you do, making all the textures fit together. I adore your work, keep it up!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Sheep49

Awesome mosaics dsr! They look lovely and realistic! I love'em! :thumbsup:

I especially adore the park on the second picture. I'd love to live in one of buildings there! :D

Keep up the great work! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Pat

Dan great update here and looking real good!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dsrwhat316

Teaser

I'll be posting an update on Sunday (hopefully), so here's something you can expect:

Now we are getting a little more suburban! I'll have formal replies with the update. Until then...

~ Dan

Simpson

Very fine pic my friend this city is looking super  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

art128

excellently realistic picture of the FARR Dan  :thumbsup: very nice looking

Props & Texture Catalog

squidi

hi dan,
your pics and mosaics are looking very nice.
i like your sunken networks and all the walkways through the buildings.
there are a lot of open areas between your buildings and i know for what they are good for XD
i would really like to see something dirt from you somwething with more chaos
..u know   .. this would bring a new dimension in your md and maybe some new inspiration for us XD

but anyways i always enjoy looking your pics

paul

CabraBuitre

Dan,

I love that last pic...!  This is the best pic I've seen with the off-skew road or rail pieces.  It's very realistic IMO.  The main use I've seen by some people has been to use those pieces just to use them... but they don't always fit in the area in which they are places, but this fits perfectly!  Oh, and your uses of the off skew roads have been just as good!

I just wouldn't want to live in that house right by the front of the train... What a way to wake up at... 2 in the morning, with a train horn blowing in your bedroom window!

I just hope for that Sim's sake that a... rightbound?... train doesn't derail at the curve... or they really COULD have a train in their bedroom!

Check out Abelfarei!

dsrwhat316

Teaser
I couldn't produce an update today, like I had hoped. I've spent more time in the Lot Editor than in the actual game. I'll update most likely on Tuesday. Until then, forgive me for teasing you yet again  :P:

More to come...

~ Dan

Simpson

Very fine pic my friend your city is looking super
I'm looking forward to the next update  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

rooker1

Fantastic teaser picture.
Don't worry about teasing us again.  Just one picture of yours is enough to hold us in suspense until your next update.
I also understand the amount of time that can easily be spent in LE once you start it's hard to stop.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

fantastic teaser &apls nice use of the FARR !  :thumbsup:
I can't imagine the time spent on the LE  :o

Props & Texture Catalog

Emperor Stormont

Looking fantastic, the mosaic looks absolutely stunning.

Great work :)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

paroch

Hi Dan,

Your LE work is impressive.  Some of the highlights for me........

The way you've used MattB's Boom Style Houses is very good.

The Center Appartment Blocks - the three set diagonally is really nice.

The botanical garden is looking very promising.

My only "negative" thought - the level crossing seems a bit odd there, especially with that junction just after it - seems to me there's a risk card could be queuing up to turn backing up onto the track when "WHAM" the 5:20 express comes thundering through  :D ::) $%Grinno$%.

Looking forward to the full update.

Paul