• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Highways!

Started by Travis, April 21, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

I really like it. :) The only thing that strikes me is that where I live, we would probably run the light rail line on the ground. In this case I think it would be easier to take the light rail under the road overpass than over it. However, I know that in other parts of the world it is much more common to put infrastructure on pillars.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Nanami

Thanks for the though. Well I think it much more how it looks like in your part of world... as it here the newest under construction light rail currently built as an elevated viaduct in side of highway where that picture is inspired by.

Dantes

If the elevated runway was built longer, the track might look better. I like the building mix! You have a lot of traffic! I like this so much in your MD  :)

praiodan

While this is a wonderful and busy scene, Themistokles is right on rather having the rail under the overpass on the same level as the highway, instead of leading over it, since rails don't like sudden and steep slopes like this at all (surely, cars driver neither, but they can cope much better).  $%Grinno$%

Terring7

I actually like the idea of the overpass and the elevated railroads. And since this is based on your part of the world, I say leave it as it is :thumbsup: . My only recommendation is to make the upper part of the railroad overpass a little longer, maybe at least one tile from both sides, so the train will not have to go up and down right immediately. Or you might want to make the entire railroad that high, not only the overpass part ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Nanami

Thank you for the like and feedback, Dantes, praiodan, and Terring7 ! The slope problem is noted, I might just create longer high part or even just put a long part double height to avoid such problem. Unfortunately I haven't plan anything by using this concept. The area does functional but the light rail basically just that piece to demonstrate an idea that I might use. so yeah I might use this concept in future updates but just not now...

APSMS

IIRC there isn't an on-slope double height piece, but if there were then that would totally work for me; the height difference to me seems fine: the slope is what bothered me about it.

I wish the draggable viaducts supported passing under El-Rail, but I don't think this functionality is in place; draggable viaducts don't support the JPN T21s you're using, of course, but it's worth a shot anyways just to double check. I haven't opened the game in months so I couldn't tell you if I've even bothered to try it. It would look very cool if you could somehow pull that off...
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

Quote from: APSMS on June 04, 2017, 09:02:41 PM
I wish the draggable viaducts supported passing under El-Rail

The L1 draggable viaducts do, actually.  That feature has been in place since the introduction of the draggable viaducts in NAM 32.

-Alex

APSMS

Quote from: Tarkus on June 11, 2017, 03:47:48 PM
The L1 draggable viaducts do, actually.  That feature has been in place since the introduction of the draggable viaducts in NAM 32.

-Alex
Well...that answers that question. Looks like I have some setups to test out. I guess that's a solution to Nanami's High Elevated Rail overpass as well.
Running a L1 road viaduct will allow the El-Rail to stay level without any height changes, though of course he'll lose the JPN viaduct T21s. Should make that little crossing more compact and cleaner, though.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Nanami

Quote from: APSMS on June 11, 2017, 07:45:17 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on June 11, 2017, 03:47:48 PM

-Alex
Well...that answers that question. Looks like I have some setups to test out. I guess that's a solution to Nanami's High Elevated Rail overpass as well.
Running a L1 road viaduct will allow the El-Rail to stay level without any height changes, though of course he'll lose the JPN viaduct T21s. Should make that little crossing more compact and cleaner, though.
Thats actually working.. never though of such solution before actually. thanks for the feedback :)

Dantes

Quote from: Nanami on June 01, 2017, 08:04:01 AM
idk where to post this but anyway, let me know what everyone think about this concept/picture

Such a railroad system has many advantages! I wish that this project will be a great success! I like the increase of the railway line. It looks so much better! You a good road crossing succeeded! I google this project. Do you have more real pictures and new pictures of your in-game project ?

CasperVg

Perhaps not the nicest offramp you'll ever see, but this was the best I could do given the small amount of space and existing development.

(click for larger image)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

vinlabsc3k

@CasperVg: I would used the Small 90° Curve Road and the FLUPs under the RHW to avoid the viaduct on the other side. ;)
@Nanami: It's a great scene, but for the lack of a ground version, I don't use the BTM. &mmm
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Nanami

@CasperVg: pretty compact indeed :thumbsup: .  kinda agree with vinlabsc3k above, that small 90 degree curve will make it better.
@ vinlabsc3k: Well as I stated earlier that the scene basically just inspired by the recent light rail project here.
Quote from: Dantes on June 18, 2017, 11:21:57 AM
Such a railroad system has many advantages! I wish that this project will be a great success! I like the increase of the railway line. It looks so much better! You a good road crossing succeeded! I google this project. Do you have more real pictures and new pictures of your in-game project ?
Thanks... I might post several real life picture although for ingame one I dont think I will continue it. atleast in near future

+----------------------------+
Anyone want some traffic??

from my MD update 46b without news stuffs

Haljackey

Expanding a rail overpass / junction to widen a highway.

Before:

During:

After:

Haljackey

Haljackey

Hugging the mountain

Click images for full size