• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Arden Tree Controller Help Desk

Started by vortext, June 01, 2011, 06:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Quote from: Swordmaster on October 28, 2012, 07:47:04 AM
[...] keep the flora exemplars.

Guess that's what I was trying to say only more elaborate!  :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

whatevermind

I think this is how c.p. did his tree controllers, because IIRC you can swap them out pretty seamlessly. Except I think he also provided a new set of kSC4FloraPreferences for each exemplar in each of his tree controllers. Combined effect is that each tree controller has all the exemplars for all the flora, but it turns some on/off and places trees in different locations based on the climate each was aimed for.

Which gets me thinking, what if you made a super file with zeroed out Preferences and Special Case = True for every flora exemplar out there (or at least that you expect to use), and just had it overridden by whatever tree controller you're using. Then you'd never have to worry about losing your trees or crashing the game when you change controllers.  &Thk/(

vortext

Sorry for not getting back here sooner, RL got the best of me last weeks; swamped with work and suffering from a particularly nasty cold. You know the one for which you don't call in sick to work but at the end of the day really wished you did because all you can do is prepare a meal, take a hot shower and go to bed.  &mmm

@whatevermind, that's how CP made his controllers compatible indeed and I guess compiling a super-controller would be an option, though for personal use only.

~

Started working on auxiliaries this weekend; made an outline for the read-me; put together shore controllers; calibrated Flora Patches for CPs terrain mod and lastly made two new brushes for the River controller.

time flies like a bird

Swordmaster

Looking good!

Cheers
Willy

FrankU

Looking fantastic! Are all these trees, shrubs, flowers and grasses part of one brush?

noahclem

Amazing that those scenes are made just with a brush  :o  Great work again!

Gugu3

Very nice Vortext!!!!still loving your "test" tree controller we've tried!!!this images looks great!!!!!
well done! &apls
cheers
Gugu3

Kergelen

Amazing work on the River Controller. Looking better and better &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Lowkee33

Looking real good Vortext.  Did I see that some of those controllers are released?  ;D

These last pictures are very impressive indeed.

Also good to see you find time to actually have a city.

vortext

@ Lowkee33, good to see you around again! Controllers were released to a handfull of people for tesing and I'm currently working towards a proper release. The city is progressing at a painstaking slow pace but it'll get there.

@ Willy, Frank, Noah & Kergelen; thanks you all! And to clarify, there're around 3 to 4 brushes involved but it only takes one controller to bind them all.  ;D

@ Gugu3, glad to hear you're enjoying them!  :thumbsup:

~

Speaking of cities, here's another mosiac made around three weeks ago, haven't done much since. .  &mmm
Anyhow, be sure to click pic for full size as it's at zoom five-and-a-half.   ()stsfd()

This thread is becoming more and more like a MD with each passing update. .   :P

time flies like a bird

Kergelen

I love how you personalized your city!
The streetside texture, the carriages, the rural and calm atmosphere of the town,etc

Links to SC4 websites

Gugu3

Wow!!!!very good city you have there!!!like all your custom content &apls

Simcoug

Quote from: vortext
but it only takes one controller to bind them all.  ;D
Doh!

Nice mosaic! 

noahclem

Wow, fantastic mosaic Erik  &apls &apls

I love how it travels through so many different types of water and terrain. Great variety, the historical elements look great, and of course the flora is perfectly done. More city pictures around here is just fine for me  ;D

gn_leugim

weixc812

wow, I love your natural scenes and the long pic  :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

nbvc

Swordmaster

Quite something! I do wonder how you're blending plop water with game water, though.

Cheers
Willy

vortext

Thanks everybody!!  :thumbsup:

Though be aware all your kind words and compliments make me want to continue working on Enseade. And so I did just that this afternoon - instead of focusing on the controllers. It's your own fault really.  :P

@ Willy, either with locks or bridges, as shown here.

~

Another little something, part of the commercial business district block. ;) Enjoy!

time flies like a bird

noahclem

Great pic! I love the way the courtyard turned out  :thumbsup: