• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

cannot view dependencies listings in PIM-x (option is not there)

Started by justinrpg, January 21, 2012, 02:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

when I right click the lot's information in the lower right pane where the option is supposed to be, the option isn't there!!! I cannot view what dependencies my newly created lot has because the option has disappeared from PIM-x!!! this is all that comes up in the right click!!!

Lowkee33

That would be the building exemplar, the option is available on lots.  You need to click "open lot(s) using this building/family".

justinrpg

I clicked the SC4lot file why would it be in the building exemplar if I selected the sc4lot file???

jmyers2043

Justin

There are generally three files needed for something to plop or grow.

A model file, the DESC file which describes the building, and the LOT file which describes the what and where of things placed on the lot.

The picture above is of the DESC file. It contains information such as the bulldoze cost, pollution,and  water use. It has no information about the lot, props, flora, or any dependencies.

Now instead, select the LOT file. Right click. You will see an option to locate dependencies. The reason you can not do what you wish to do is because you are looking in the wrong place. That is what LowKee is trying to advise. Alternately, you can get to the LOT file from the DESC file (pictured above) by right clicking (as you have demonstrated) then select "open lot(s) using this building/family. That will open the LOT file. From there you can navigate to the option to search for dependencies.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)