• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Waterfront? There's always one....

Started by callagrafx, March 26, 2013, 12:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

I would suggest using the same overlay texture for the toilet LOT as you did the fountain LOT, just so it stays uniform.  The tiolet LOT seems to stand out.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

weixc812

These people props are fantastic  :thumbsup:
Can't wait to see how they look when fully painted...  :-\
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

art128

Quote from: callagrafx on April 02, 2013, 04:57:25 AM
Quote from: art128 on April 02, 2013, 04:34:18 AM
Maybe underbridge pieces?  Like either 2x1 left and right or 3x1

Anyway, looks really nice

Nice idea... I'll explore that one... I presume they'd need to overhang under the bridge? 

I think so.

Also you're going to make a piece with stairs.... How about making a piece with a ladder leading into the water? That way someone who falls could just get up by the ladder.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

callagrafx

Quote from: rooker1 on April 02, 2013, 05:10:20 AM
I would suggest using the same overlay texture for the toilet LOT as you did the fountain LOT, just so it stays uniform.  The tiolet LOT seems to stand out.

Robin

To be honest I'm not overly happy with these overlays, so am seriously toying with creating my own overlays for these, if I can remember my texture range AND figure out to make them (been about 5 years since I last did it)

Quote from: weixc812 on April 02, 2013, 05:49:06 AM
Can't wait to see how they look when fully painted...  :-\

When what is fully painted?  What you see is the final texture.

Quote from: art128 on April 02, 2013, 05:50:10 AM

Also you're going to make a piece with stairs.... How about making a piece with a ladder leading into the water? That way someone who falls could just get up by the ladder.

you do know it's a game, right?  Many sims fall in after one too many?   :D :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

rooker1

Quote from: callagrafx on April 02, 2013, 06:10:38 AM
Quote from: rooker1 on April 02, 2013, 05:10:20 AM

Robin

To be honest I'm not overly happy with these overlays, so am seriously toying with creating my own overlays for these, if I can remember my texture range AND figure out to make them (been about 5 years since I last did it)

Might be a better idea.  Although they are not that bad, depends how much you are willing to do.
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

art128

you do know it's a game, right?  Many sims fall in after one too many?   :D :D :D

You don't want to assure the maximum security for your sims? :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

callagrafx

Quote from: art128 on April 02, 2013, 06:25:58 AM

You don't want to assure the maximum security for your sims? :D

I believe in the Darwinian Principle of natural selection... after all, if they're dumb enough to fall into the water in the first place.....  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

mrbisonm

Still to do:

Additional 1x1 pieces
Step 2x1 piece
End piece L
End piece R

any I've missed?  and DON'T say diagonals  :P

Great to see you making some new waterfronts, I was starting to get sick of the older ones, not that they're aren't any good, but the quantity of choice is quite low. This is something we need. Oh, btw, I couldn't give a darn about not having any diagon's, I never use them anyways. ;)

Since you didn't mention any "outside corners", I hope that there will be at least one? And a set without an underpass for bridges wouldn't be really complete, especially a set for urban uses like yours.

Sofar so good, always liked your "stuff", Cal.
Also, am I glad that someone else in this world believes in natural selections by the Darwinian laws...... ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

MTT9

Great new waterfront! The people look great.

Maybe you can release a 3d model later on, so someone can try to make the diagonals pieces...
You can call me Matt

callagrafx

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 02, 2013, 08:34:53 AM
Since you didn't mention any "outside corners", I hope that there will be at least one?

Didn't need to Fred... that was the second piece I'd made  :thumbsup:

sandrasim1

I'm glad that the colour issue got solved.

Looks fantastic!  :thumbsup:

"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"  Thomas Alva Edison

whatevermind

you do know it's a game, right?

Wait, what?   $%Grinno$%

These look great, perfect for the downtown waterfront neighborhoods!

JoeST

I'm surprised nobody has suggested franctional-angles pieces :P they look fantastic Cal :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Couchpotato

Nice to see you Batting again.   :thumbsup: