• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem with SAM dirt streets....I can't drag them!

Started by Panda_Power, May 13, 2010, 10:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda_Power

Hello!

I know a lot of people use this successfully, so I must be doing something wrong! I have the NAM 2010 installed along with the RHW and the other road widening mod and today I installed SAM v3 so that I could use the dirt street mods.

I read in the instructions that the streets could be draggable like the draggable GLR, but I just can't drag them and I end up with a load of starter pieces with white borders instead of a nice dirt path! Can anyone help me? Am I missing a dependency or do I have something conflicting?

Thanks!

**Edit** Oh..I just found a tutorial...I'm supposed to drag them from the starter piece using the normal street!

One question....now that NAM 2010 is out, can I use the dirt streets with Jeronij's street tree mod and the STBT road tree mod?

Diggis

Quote from: Panda_Power on May 13, 2010, 10:37:38 PM
One question....now that NAM 2010 is out, can I use the dirt streets with Jeronij's street tree mod and the STBT road tree mod?

Glad you sorted your first problem out.  As to the answer for this, no I don't think that a streetside mod has been done for the SAM dirt roads, although I could be wrong.

catty

Quote from: Diggis on May 14, 2010, 12:10:37 AM
... no I don't think that a streetside mod has been done for the SAM dirt roads

Take a look at Seasonal Farm Street for SAM CP Trees by uroncha which is on the STEX

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19764

QuoteThis is street side mod for Street Addon Mod (SAM).

This MOD adds cycledogg's seasonal trees and Simgoober's farm vehicles on farm zone streets.

MOD includes PEG Dirt, PEG Gravel and Trolca Dirt streets. You can use your favorite texture independently.

It was created in 2008, so not sure if you can use it with the latest NAM or Jeronij's street tree mod and the STBT road tree mod, but it might be worth taking a look

:)

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Panda_Power

Thank you both for your replies! I'm at work at the moment, but will try my old mods and that one on the STEX when I get home. Fingers crossed...I really hope they work because trees alongside the dirt roads/streets would look so great!

I will report back later on how I get on.

Thanks again! :)

Andreas

The SAM hasn't been changed lately, so any mods that were designed for it should continue to work as intended.
Andreas

Panda_Power

OK...success! I've been playing around with it and all seems to work fine. I love the dirt streets beside the farms and the little details like the tractors and trailers and haybales:

I'm not sure if the residential part is working properly though because instead of trees I'm getting light poles.....is that right? Excuse all the "can't find jobs"...was just testing out the mod.

Andreas

Quote from: Panda_Power on May 14, 2010, 08:17:28 AM
I'm not sure if the residential part is working properly though because instead of trees I'm getting light poles.....is that right? Excuse all the "can't find jobs"...was just testing out the mod.

Well, the mod is only for farm zones, not for residential zones...
Andreas

Panda_Power

Oh yeah..."Seasonal Farm Street for SAM CP Trees by uroncha"...oops :)