• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikenstein - Niederbauen - Further Exploration

Started by _Michael, March 25, 2016, 09:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

PNG is also the default format for screenshots on windows. It's how sc4 do them. 4.6MB may not seem much for people with very good internet speeds, but some other people might be browsing the forum on mobile data plan or even on caped internet. (This still happens a lot in rural USA)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Very nice slope developement, seems that the final effect with all those retaining walls will be great :) I can see, you try to make some "palace quartier" on the right side of the screenshot ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Themistokles

I like how you vary the cityscape with different angles and kinds of buildings and stuff :thumbsup: I think it gives depth and character to the city.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

manga rivotra

the city layout is already very interesting, with friendly and beautiful diagonal outlook to exploit.  :)
I look forward to see more.  :thumbsup:

APSMS

Quote from: art128 on October 29, 2016, 03:19:57 PM
PNG is also the default format for screenshots on windows. It's how sc4 do them. 4.6MB may not seem much for people with very good internet speeds, but some other people might be browsing the forum on mobile data plan or even on caped internet. (This still happens a lot in rural USA)
I've seriously had to alter the way I browse and use the internet since moving into the county (country). It's not very country, but aside from cell towers and satellite internet the only other option is dial up, and I'm not even sure what dial-up provider I could get nowadays, so instead we have data-capped satellite internet, which has seriously curbed my YouTube habit.

I've started to avoid forum based CJs as a result, which is especially a shame for SC4D, but also for ST due to the new way they render CJ listings (very image heavy).

Everyone expects the user to have wonderful internet, but don't make any allowances for the rest of us. It's all a conspiracy to get us to move to the cities. A conspiracy I tell you!  $%Grinno$%

But seriously, my browser just borked on the previous page; it was DLing too slow for the web browser to continue, and half of the pictures only half loaded (the bottoms are black) and the rest just don't show. It wouldn't be too bad except that reloading the page redownloads all the pictures on my DataCapped Satellite Internet. I don't have this problem when I go into town, but at home it really kills my MD/CJ reading.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Akallan

I like transport as they are built. I look forward to see more! :)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

_Michael

Thanks for the advice on images all you guys.  ;)
For the ST Winter Scene challenge I was working on three images, and I just wanted to share them here. You'll see more of both the City of Niederbauen and the resort of Hörnli over the coming months, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy these Christmas and Winter themed images.  :)

Hope you enjoyed!  ;D

reddonquixote

The snow scenes are quite wonderful, I don't think I've seen anything like that before in SC4. Well done  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

JP Schriefer

dyoungyn

I agree, great ski resort.  I grew up in the mountain states in the West and the realism looks great.  Where would one find such a long Ski lift chairs from?

metarvo

Just look at those slopes!  ;D  Good job.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Vizoria

Very cool! Great ski resort.

MushyMushy

There's been too much new and ground-breaking stuff here and on ST lately!  ???

Seriously this is great.  :thumbsup:

Abrams124

Hands down on the ski slope,as a long time skier,i approve!

Girafe

Love these snowy pictures. Nice use of the ski lifts  &apls &apls

Good luck for the competition in Simtrop  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

_Michael

Thank you reddonquixote, [/size]Schriefer, [/size]dyoungyn, [/size]metarvo,[/size] Vizoria,[/size] Mushy and[/size] Abrams for all of your very positive and warming comments. And a special thank you to [/size]Girafe, as without his BATs and Flora, the ski resort would have never been started.

Thank you all!

manga rivotra

The first mosaic is indeed perfect, can't be more realistic !  &apls &apls &apls
Amazing really, i can't wait to see more of the city Niederbauen too.  :popcorn:

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Oh dear! It's stunning! Reminds me that I haven't been skiing for few years already... I need to do it this year :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Abrams124

Quote from: michae95l on August 28, 2016, 02:19:15 PM
Started work on this Mountain-lake town. Just the foundations and centre done so far. What do you think?

Amazing!May i ask for the link of that cool castle?