• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ML Railway Modds and NAM 2010

Started by ebina, May 11, 2010, 03:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biriali

Thank you very much for the clarification, Moonlight!
I already have and use your monorail mod (which is great, btw :thumbsup:), I just got a little confused.
Nemo sobrius saltaret

moonlinght

Hello :)

ML JPN El-Rail Catenaries MOD that I made is made in the 2011 version now.

Best wishes for the comming new year! :thumbsup:

jdenm8

Now THAT is NICE!   :thumbsup:

I'll be watching your blog for the DL link  :thumbsup:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

louistsw

A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: moonlinght on December 31, 2010, 12:35:35 AM

ML JPN El-Rail Catenaries MOD that I made is made in the 2011 version now.

Best wishes for the comming new year! :thumbsup:

Has Moonlight finally released this newer version of his El-R Facelift Mod already? I've tried searching at his blog but can't seem to find it.

louistsw

well..
It can be found here "$Deal"$
http://cid-fa15fce84d64004a.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/zzzzzzz%20ML%20JPN%20EL%20Rail%20MOD%20n-texture.zip

but there is some function not available... ()sad()

ダブルデッカーについてはデフォのテクスチャから作り直すのは
手間がかかる為製作していません。
dedgrenさんの返信が着てから考えます。
よってファイルを削除してあります。
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

CahosRahneVeloza

Thanks for the link louistsw :)

So I guess this newer version is still under Beta then?

EDIT:

Wow! I've just installed this newer version & I have to say that it looks fantastic!  &apls

I'll definitely wait for the final product when it arrives.  &apls

I seem to be lacking a dependency file though, it's the Catenary prop/s.

huntingfire

How ignorant I have been!
Just see this today.
Is this an update of BTM?

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: huntingfire on May 30, 2011, 11:13:32 AM
How ignorant I have been!
Just see this today.
Is this an update of BTM?

Moonlight's Mods are a totally different mod than BTM. For starters he has an El-Rail Facelift Mod that greatly improves the overall look of the default El-Rail networks we get with the game by default as well as giving a facelift to the NAM El-Rail pieces.

His Shinkansen mod is similar to the BTM but offers more :)

jdenm8

The Shinkansen Mod is a spiritual successor to the BTM, but it not a new version of it at all.
ML's one was done independently of both the BTM and the creator of the BTM. It also has better compatibility with a lot of other stuff, though it falls short at bridges, only replacing the decks of two properly.

IMO, The Shinkansen Mod is far better than the BTM thanks to time.

huntingfire

Thx! I am testing it and I can't build over GLR, any idea?

huntingfire

Quote from: huntingfire on May 30, 2011, 06:00:31 PM
Thx! I am testing it and I can't build over GLR, any idea?

GLR puzzle piece!
What a shame!   :'(

CahosRahneVeloza

Anyone know if Moonlight-san is still actively developing his mods or not?

I'm asking this because with the newer NAM (Version 30) his ML Elevated Rail facelift has developed several compatibility issues with the NAM.

In this picture, the regular El-R tracks are both showing the newer pillars & the older pillars together (upper left sample El-R Track).

In this picture, the new Draggable TRAM tracks are showing pillars which are being leaked from the El-R Facelift Mod files.

I really hope Moonlight-san will get to see this so he can update his El-R Facelift mod because admit it, this Mod definitely makes the El-R Better looking than what Maxis initially gave us :(

EDIT: Addendum:

I forgot to mention, his El-R Facelift mod definitely needs support for the NWM too.

As for his Shinkansen mod for monorail.... thankfully no issues with the newer NAM :)

jdenm8

Yes, he is still creating, I've been following his Japanese-language blog and he has a completely new version in the works, but it's far from complete and the last post was August 5th.

I'm considering distributing a patch for some of the intersections that are now outdated, like the ElRail + RHW-2 one which now shows a checkerboard.

The Maxis pillars appearing is due to the new T21 method of putting them on. As far as I'm aware, Moonlight's mod has a canceller in it anyway, but it doesn't need to replace the Maxis pylons. Finding and removing the T21s (Or, preferably changing the IID it refers to to the IID of Moonlight's Pylon then removing Moonlight's T21s which do the same thing) that put the Maxis pylons back would fix the issue.

As for the new GLR types, that's a side-effect of the method used for the network.

CahosRahneVeloza

Hey thanks for the reply jdenm8  :thumbsup:

I guess I'll have to wait for those updates then :)

I apologize for reposting this same picture on the NAM Issues thread, but I did so for another purpose. I was also asking if that's how the second style for the GLR Track looked like, having no base texture it seems.... anyway.

For editing the IIDs of stuff.... that's way over my league  ;D I have no knowledge of how to do that & the warning on the beginning of the beginner's guide for the ilives reader totally scared me into even learning. I really can't afford to muck up my game rendering it unplayable if things go wrong when I fiddle with it. As I said, I'll just wait for moonlight-san's newer release when it comes out :)

moonlinght

NAM v30 was released...
ML Japanese EL-Rail Catenaries MOD ⇒ locked

Please use this instead "$Deal"$

Download:My blog

Dependencies:NAM

Please set after any network MOD $%#Ninj2
(I have made to cut corners to T21 :P)

jdenm8

I've been waiting for the full update for a while now :thumbsup:

Small problem though, when I click on the download link, I just get a blank page.

moonlinght

Sorry, the download link was corrected :-[

louistsw

:D Good work!
I look for the EL-on-road as very long time. $%Grinno$%
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟

CahosRahneVeloza

Wow!

MoonLight san to the rescue!  &apls

Thank you for the major update, we (those of us who know of your fantastic mod) really love what you've created for the SC4 custom content community  :thumbsup: