• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK w2w Copenhagen Court House

Started by vester, November 12, 2008, 01:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

In this thread I will show my work on w2w buildings from Copenhagen and Roskilde. Maybe other cities as well.

Have started working on another project, this time a w2w from Roskilde:                                                                                                

Here is a picture of the RL building from my hometown, Roskilde:

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent work vester . Do you have any idea if you think to bat a kind of set of these ? Just curious because they are wow.

vester

Have planed to do a few other buildings. One smaller one, that could go next to it. One that don't hide the mural on the end wall. A few buildings to go into the backyards.

Beside that, I have an eye on a corner buildings just on the other side of this one (the RL one).

After that I would probably make some from Copenhagen. There is a few in this picture:

Can you spot any you like ? :P

JBSimio

Quote from: vester on November 12, 2008, 02:33:14 PM
Can you spot any you like ? :P

Hmmm... how about the second one from the right on the fourth block there?  :D

Definitely looking good, Vester!   :thumbsup:

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

threeswept

I am ALWAYS in awe of your detailed skills...you can even see the clothing very clearly through the windows.

vester

Quote from: threeswept on November 12, 2008, 02:41:19 PM
I am ALWAYS in awe of your detailed skills...you can even see the clothing very clearly through the windows.

What you can't use from a picture !!! That is cut out of the picture of the RL building, placed on a plane behind the windows.
Here is a close up of the shops:

EDIT: Update the picture with a new rendering.

Here is a picture from main road (running from the lower left corner to the square) in the last picture in my previous post:

Istedgade seen toward Enghave Plads.

spa

Coming along nicely. The iron grates on the upper floors look great!

Just a comment about that last photo of the Copenhagen streetscape, is that a protest on the left hand side? If so Danes have to be the most orderly people in the world. I don't know of many protests that proceed single file down a sidewalk on one side of the street!

vester

Well, that is not my picture, but one I found on google maps (click on the picture).
It looks like one of those days where all the kinder garden kids gets together, see some theatre or something.
Enghave Plads (a square) is a good spot for that sort of things.

Here is one of my pictures:

Taken in Saxogade, a side street to Istedgade.

Jmouse

Terrific BATting - as always! I do love the "Euro touch," and even though it differs from country to country, there's a common thread of history and architectural detail that's so appealing, more so since we have nothing like that here. We don't have murals either, so I consider you very fortunate for being surrounded by many levels of artwork as you go about your daily routine.

Later...
Joan

toxicpiano

I like the way that it pretty much fits into most Northern European countries  :)
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

threeswept

Quote from: vester on November 12, 2008, 02:52:11 PM
What you can't use from a picture !!! That is cut out of the picture of the RL building, placed on a plane behind the windows.

Haha! You're right. In any event, it's a clever idea and adds a lot of realism.

baconrocky

WHOA, just stumbled on this and I absolutely love the buildings, and EXTREMELY excited to see future ones :)

vester

Have been playing around with different volumes:

Here is a new thing I found on the internet, it's on only Danish.

It's going to be very useful when batting.

Krak.dk - Kort. Town hall square of Copenhagen.
(There is a rotate function, but it doesn't work)

art128

that's look good, very great work my fiend  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CarmineHilton

Good to see some more Scandinavian BAT's being created! =)
Great work, loves it x

Yoman

Excellent work here, I'm excited to see those Copenhagen buildings, I spent most of my summer (about 2 months) in Copenhagen (just north of it, in Lyngby, S train took me right into the city though in 10 minutes) and have become quite familiar with the city. Let me see if I can dig up some pictures  :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

Detail! Detail! Amazing BATs!

(And what's with the kid climbing the wall? :D )
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

vester

Quote from: Yoman on November 16, 2008, 12:02:15 PM
Excellent work here, I'm excited to see those Copenhagen buildings, I spent most of my summer (about 2 months) in Copenhagen (just north of it, in Lyngby, S train took me right into the city though in 10 minutes) and have become quite familiar with the city. Let me see if I can dig up some pictures  :thumbsup:

Shouldn't to do something with the DTU ?

I know the trip, its more like 15 minutes trip. I live in Lyngby, just next to Lyngby Sø and Bagsværd Sø.
Studying at DTU (Technological University of Denmark). 

I live in Roskilde, about 25-30 minutes with train west of Copenhagen, around 30 km.

Yoman, pictures is always welcome, mostly as idea what to bat. Well also to see what people see when there here.

Yoman

Nah, nothing to do with DTU, though I know the place, I know Lyngby Sø and Bagsværd Sø as well. Saw the Prime Minister's house, Marienborg, nearby as well (well at least the gate). I spent my summer there because my father is currently living in Lyngby, perfect opportunity to visit a place I've never been before. Took the opportunity to reach some other new places as well, such as Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg. The train ride to Germany was particularly beautiful, traveling through southern Zealand, Falster, and Lolland, then a ferry to Germany. Had the opportunity to go to Roskilde rock festival as well, that was fun  ;D

Transferring the pictures from the Camera to this computer now, I hope to have some nice ones for you  :thumbsup:

EDIT - Pictures.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1811/vestercopenhagenyr0.jpg

Begining of the Pedestrian street at the Town Hall Square (got a few good pictures of that building also).

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/383/vestercopenhagen1gd1.jpg

On the walk from the Train station to Town Hall Square.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8830/vestercopenhagen2zu1.jpg

And of course the Opera House, but you knew about that one ;)

vester

Yes I do recognize those houses, first one at Amager Torv, the next one: Østergade (Strøget) / Bremerholm.

I lived next to Bagsværd Sø with a view over the lake from my room.