• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Wow, that's what I call waterfront property.  There are people walking in this area, which IMO makes it seem much more lively.  The buildings are also chosen well, including the ones that are built on diagonal sections.  I really like the overhang over the avenue intersection, by the way.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bat

That's looking really great! And the overview is also wonderful!! :thumbsup:

chibytuga

Awesome, reminds me of downtown Baltimore.

dsrwhat316

Teaser
Thank you all for your gracious comments; they really keep me going  :thumbsup:
Now it is time for me to do what I do best: teasers! After using many diagonals for my piers, I thought I'd try something a bit different:

Although it isn't technically a pier, it is something different. This is a rough layout of the South Rotunda, as it will be called. No people props or other fine details yet. I can't give it all away just yet! Look for the next update in a week (or two  ::))

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

art128

Hey Dan, this is a great teaser there my friend ! &apls
nice work with this rotunda :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sim-al2

I couldn't help but notice the roadway going underneath. Maybe it hides a tunnel to another part of the city we haven't seen yet? %confuso
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

io_bg

Great teaser :) The last update is also excellent!
Quote from: Sciurus on February 02, 2009, 01:04:38 AMVery beautful, but you do this on LE? &apls &apls
Yes, all those lots are made with LE.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

urban

Looks very dramatic with the stormy watermod :)
But I think the flower beds should be bigger and lusher,
and you should add lawns,
I liked the lawns from Update 15 they make it look more fancier :satisfied:

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

metarvo

I'm already looking forward to seeing the rotunda in its developed and lively state.  I really like the diagonal parking in the lower-right corner of the teaser pic.  Another one of my favorite parts of this pic is the tunnel.  Good work, Dan.

&apls
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

bat

Beautiful work on that rotunda there! It looks fantastic!
Nice pictures of it! Looking forward to more... ;)

Berethor

Your ability with the LE is awesome!.  This harbor is very creative and well realised.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Pikatchoum

I confirm you're good with the LE. That pier is a masterpierce (Ahah) ! The teaser is georgous.

Simpson

This teaser is as, well, fantastic my friend. Again, you've done an incredible work on the LE, Dan  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

Dan that is ashtounding pic there WOW!!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

c.p.

Nice start on the rotunda. :thumbsup:  I like the diagonal parking area.  Maybe some flowers or something would liven up the grass rectangles at the base of the trees.

dsrwhat316

Teaser
I am excited to announce that The Source has won a Trixie over on Simtropolis!

Okay, now onto business. I barely have had any time to play these past three weeks, but I did manage to play a bit last night. Here's what I came up with:

Soon, these residential piers will house some lucky Sims. Also, the Rotunda from the previous teaser has been fully-lotted, but that won't be shown until I update  ;D Hopefully soon!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

sithlrd98

Looking good! I can't believe you have any time to play , as your in LE so much! Of course , the effect is awesome!  &apls

Jayson

metarvo

It's no surprise that you've won a Trixie, since The Source is such a beautiful MD/CJ.  Of course, this teaser is no exception.  Even before the residences are built, the pier is already bustling with life.  Oh, I wish I lived there.  :)

&apls

Sheep49

Dan, I'm not surprised that you've won that award. You have really deserved it! But even that said, a big applause for you! &apls

Now... the teaser... I like the idea of having residentials along the pier. It reminds me of the famous First London Bridge. Anyway, I can't wait to see how you're going to execute it!

Keep up the great work! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles