• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Mas71-san, these are the packs that will be used to make CAM lots. I am making a set of test lots with ks_jpn BATs for the Beta testers. These should be available later today. When lots are made with the other packs they can be downloaded as needed.
I have been testing this out and among the test lots I made was one for a Superstar BAT. I had it grow today and here is the query showing it is a stage 12 lot.

To date I have had no issues with the mod and have changed the demand dats without any problems after leaving a city to run for a month or so. The only "issue" was the demand graph initially looking odd but after a month it returned to what it should look like.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

dedgren

Holy Batpoop, Batman!

Colossal hardly describes this...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

MAS71

@BarbyW
Thank you for your answer quickly :)
Ok,I see. ;)

I have a simply things that...
".SC4Desc" ".SC4Lot" are needs change properties for CAM. but ".SC4Model" is not need it.
so I should download only models "Prop Packs".

This is my selfish easily imagination. :-[
(The person thought that a burden might not depend on a server of LEX in the future. $%Grinno$%)

A making many LOTs for CAM, I understand well that It's too hardly work!! &dd
I waiting expectantly for completion a CAM while thanking you CAM's great makers!! :D

Thank you again BarbyW

mightygoose

so i am guess using ripplejets table... a stage 12 co$$ has 490 occupants per tile as a guideline.... so a 3x4 lot would have 5880 jobs. a 4x4 would have 7720, a 3x5 would have 7230, nad a 7x2 would have 6740, please can you tell me what lot size it is one so to give an estimate of the deviation margins from ripplejets figures that are possible within the system...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

BarbyW

It is a little more complex than that, mightygoose, and no further information can be given at this stage.

mightygoose

thundercrack83

I'm struggling to follow the details of what's going on, but from the sounds of things, it seems to be going well. Keep up the great work, guys!

freedo50

Hey guys, Ive been playing a bit today with the CAM installed, but Im not sure Ive had any of the lots grow yet, will it be as clear as the example above on all the lots? Also, what kind of feedback do you want and do you want it over at the BSC boards rather than here?

Fred

BarbyW

The lots I have made I have changed the name to show the stage. I am just about to upload the next lots for you together with the edited other ones with the stage showing.

freedo50

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Im having trouble getting onto the BSC site atm is there a reason for this or is it just my connection (again!) ?

Fred

dedgren

QuoteHey guys, Ive been playing a bit today with the CAM installed...

First comes the jaw-dropper (barby's announcement this morning), now comes the name-dropper... FRED!  That was pretty shameless...

...Well, as I was sitting down to lunch earlier with Will Wright and Steve Jobs...

'hem, think of how the rest of us feel now.  That's okay, though, I've got Bill (Bill Gates, of course, but he told me to call him Bill) on hold and he was just following up on my recent Windows Vista purchase to see if I was satisfied...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

BarbyW

I can't to BSC either so it looks as though it is down. You will have to wait until tomorrow if you don't have a link to the private LEX.

RippleJet

Quote from: freedo50 on May 07, 2007, 03:04:13 PM
Hey guys, Ive been playing a bit today with the CAM installed, but Im not sure Ive had any of the lots grow yet, will it be as clear as the example above on all the lots? Also, what kind of feedback do you want and do you want it over at the BSC boards rather than here?

Fred

Hi Fred, and all other CAM testers. I might as well post this here:

Included in the CAM are a number of relocated Maxis lots, so there are a number of stage 8+ lots already available.
Since all industrials are relocated and redistributed into stages 1...9, I would recommend the CAM Development thread over at our board for those.

R$ Stage 9:
Brown Hi-Rise, Impeccable, Large Tenement, and Feelgood on 3×3 lots
Bennet, Bunker, Long Tilt, New Beginnings, and Rock Bottom on 2×4 lots

R$ Stage 10:
Hamster, Bootstrap, Hope, Salvation, Simland Hi-Rise, and Tina's on 4×4 lots

R$$ Stage 9:
Jolly Manor, Simon Manor, The Pratt, Grossman Apartments, Graham Apartments, and Beigestone Hi-Rise on 2×3 lots
Hi-Rise Apartments, O'Hare Apartments, Ryan Apartments, and Zubecker's Hi-Rise Apt. on 2×4 lots
Copur Apartments, Reed Place, Tri-Tip Towers, and Wallace Manor on 3×4 lots
Leonid Apartment Complex, The Knight Building, The Wilkinson, and Zaidi Apartments on 4×4 lots

R$$ Stage 10:
Copur Apartments, Reed Place, Tri-Tip Towers, on Wallace Manor on 3×3 lots

R$$$ Stage 9:
The Long Building, The Hogan, Bilyk Towers, Bell Towers, and Colin Condos on 2×4 lots
Kauker Manor, Quigley Place, Sky Rise Deluxe Condos, and McCarthy Condos on 3×4 lots

R$$$ Stage 10:
McCormick Place, Twin Peak Towers, Byall Tower, Walkup Tower, and Ong Condos on 4×4 lots

CO$$ Stage 9:
Vu Financial, Chong Inc., and Lucky Lizards Loft on 4×4 lots
Fisk Insurance on 4×5 lots

CO$$ Stage 10:
Vu Financial, Chong Inc., and Lucky Lizards Loft on 3×4 lots
Fisk Insurance on 4×4 lots

CO$$ Stage 11:
McClellan Inc. on 4×4 lots and 4×5 lots
Calvin's Happy Place Plaza, and Waco Co. on 4×4 lots

CO$$$ Stage 9:
Wren Insurance on 2×3 lots

CO$$$ Stage 10:
Lind Entertainment, Van Prooijen Trading, Cahalene Communications, Hogan Wallace and White Incurance, and Hurt Enterprise Headquarters on 4×4 lots
Bank of America on 5×3 lots

CO$$$ Stage 11:
Pedriana Pharmaceuticals on 4×4 lots

CO$$$ Stage 12:
Bank of China Tower on 4×4 lots
John Hancock Center on 6×4 lots

CO$$$ Stage 13:
Chrysler Building on 4×4 lots

CO$$$ Stage 14:
Empire State Building on 8×4 lots

CS$$$ Stage 6:
Coit Tower on 3×3 lots

CS$$$ Stage 9:
Smith Tower on 3×3 lots

CS$$$ Stage 10:
Seafirst Tower on 6×6 lots

CS$$$ Stage 15:
CN Tower on 7×6 lots

mightygoose

that is some fascinating info, but surely the CN tower belongs in a lower stage, after all it has very few occupiable floors and this system is about density more than height....

Alarik

Quote from: mightygoose on May 07, 2007, 05:21:44 PM
that is some fascinating info, but surely the CN tower belongs in a lower stage, after all it has very few occupiable floors and this system is about density more than height....

I understand it is a combination of height, density and lot size. When taken those three values into consideration I can see the CN tower being a stage 15 lot.

BarbyW

Quotethis system is about density more than height

Who said it is? I told you it was more complex than you appear to believe and you will have to wait for testing to be completed.

mightygoose

well isnt the entire point of stages to be a graduated scale of urban density.... or thats how i always percieved it...

RippleJet

Growth stage is a function of occupancy density, and occupancy is a function of building volume and floorage requirement (which is different for different types if RCI, and intergrated in the tool yet to be published).

Alarik pretty much nailed it down. The building height is included in the calculation of the occupancy, and the lot size is included in the calculation of the density.

BarbyW

Well it works to stage 15 &apls

The first Stage 15 I managed to grow. It is a CS§§

MAS71

Wao! Really?? Have you already reached the stage 15!?
Bravo!  BarbyW  &apls

Opps...I wanted to take NO.1 $%Grinno$% (lol)

by the way,
At present, it goes well all.  :thumbsup:
(It have no problem with "Display of UI" "state of commuting" and "rebuilding",,,, etc ;))